2016 Season Tickets/Renewals

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by socluis90, Aug 16, 2015.

1. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard renewals for season tickets start this week and was wondering if anyone had heard anything in regards to pricing? Really hoping they don't bump up the prices too much.

I became a STH midway through the season and excited/curious to what the pricing options are going to be. I hope they learned from the Beckham saga and don't bump pricing up too much. We need to start selling out the place and build demand.

Current STH's are you renewing? Anybody becoming a STH for the first time?

2. SopasesosHumanos

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 21, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #2 SopasesosHumanos, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    just got the renewal email today. clipped this image from the linked renewal page:

STM2016Renewal.JPG

the wife and I became season ticket holders last year. this was our first full season and we will indeed be renewing.

edit: I believe this is the pricing through Oct 2. then expected to go up a bit.

socluis90 repped this.
  3. tehphil

tehphil Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Colorado
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was a STH from 2008-2010 before I moved to Colorado and had seats in the upper sideline. I think they got rid of those season seats the year I left, I'm glad to see that they're back and the price has only gone up $1.

4. OC Galaxy Fans

Jul 30, 2009
    Placentia
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm lazy so I asked my rep to compare the 2016 renewal to the 2015 prices. Does anyone have the similar 2015 chart?

5. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Full Season: Platinum – sure
    Full Season: Gold – I see where you’re going with this
    Full Season: Field Side – wait what?
    9-Game Half Season – No really?
    6-Game Plan – I give up …

6. JBZTV

JBZTV Member+

May 10, 2009
    Why wouldn't you just make the 9-Game Silver and the 6-Game Bronze? Just own the dumb idea...

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  7. LA4Life

LA4Life Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a long talk with my wife about how having 2 small kids at home (too small to go to games) and another due in 2 months (better not be during a playoff game) meant it was not a good idea for me to have season tickets.

Renewal email came in today, renewed without hesitation. :)

I'm sideline east, I think my tickets went up $0.50 to $1 for full season. Still glad to see it was not more than that.

Also its a bit funny that if you change the last few numbers on the URL they email out you can see other people's plans and pricing.

napper, galvanator, hav77 and 3 others repped this.
  8. Stilger

Stilger Member

Nov 7, 2002
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone should spend the time to go through and figure out the exact number of season ticket holders we had last year and our exact revenue from season ticket sales. I think the numbers would be fascinating....

9. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This was my first year as a STH and I'll definitely be renewing. I'm not sure but, I think my seats went up about $7 for the season.

10. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to google it, and couldn't find it. I found a 2012 ticket price list. My seats have gone down since then. Funny that they only had 7 ticket pricing points, and now there are 15.

http://www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/2012-season-tickets

11. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hmmm....the Upper Preferred and Upper Sideline look enticing.

12. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Great catch. That’s actually a bit scary considering it includes someone’s full name and account number. I can think of a few nefarious things that could be done with that information.

Being the nosy dick that I am, the most expensive seats I’ve found thus far are $27,845.00 for 34. Also $17K for 4.

So tempted to cURL it.

socluis90 repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Security on the web site must have been set up by the same guys who set up the IRS network.

TrickHog repped this.
  14. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Chamipons of Internet Security.

Mapo818, The Cadaver, Beakmon FC and 2 others repped this.
  15. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    8034000 - first record
    8038100 - last record
    -----------------------------------------
    4100 Season Ticket holder accounts seems a bit too perfect, so there might be another sequence of numbers. Does sort of grok with the numbers posted here New and improved Season Ticket Holder Count which state LA has 9,000 season tickets . 9,000 season tickets from 4100 season ticket accounts is 2.2 tickets per account which seems about right.

Some interesting numbers for context:
    7500 in 2012
    8500 in 2013
    7500 in 2014
    9000 in 2015

source: http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/new-and-improved-season-ticket-holder-count.1944405

So on the one hand kudos to the front office who have regained the losses from 2014 and added 500 people. On the other hand according to the Galaxy staff page there are 9 Season Ticket Services employees and 10 Season Ticket Sales employees. 19 people for 4100 accounts, 19 people managed to sign up 682 people between 2014 and 2015 (based on 2.2 tickets per account). That means total, each season ticket holder employee is responsible for 216 accounts, and landed 35 season ticket holders over the off season.

I know nothing about season ticket sales, I have no idea what these people do. Is it their job to drum up sales? Retain current season ticket holders? I know I can call/email my ticket rep to get additional tickets or trade unused ones in. Do they work a full 40 hours a week? Are they salaried or commissioned? Do they work the ticket booth on game day? Is an average of 35 new season ticket holders per season good/bad/indifferent? Does it take a year to land 35 new or returning season ticket holders?

I have to guess a fair number of those 4100 accounts are self-sustaining, as in there are likely a core group of people in any given MLS city who are going to buy season tickets to their local club regardless of all else – Chicago, Colorado & Dallas all have 6,000 season ticket holders for heaven’s sake. Think about that three clubs with nowhere near the success, nowhere near the star power, mismanaged badly in at least two cases and the same stadium location issues many people peg as the root of LA’s problems, yet they have two thirds of our season ticket sales. RSL has 15,000 tickets sold and Sandy is further from downtown Salt Lake than Carson is from DTLA.

Again I don’t understand what a season ticket service employee does, nor a season ticket sales employee does so maybe I’m casting blame where it’s undeserved, but if I were running the most successful team in league history on an unprecedented run of form lasting more than half a decade, with 5 major trophies won & leading the league in signing big name stars, but my sales team could only charitably be described as treading water I’d be concerned.

UcIceD2011, JBZTV, napper and 2 others repped this.
  16. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
  17. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ended up getting seats in 114 with an option to upgrade to a closer row at the "meet your seat" event if any seats open up. How does priority work for those? Is it first to claim the seat?

The email says its in order of renewal but I don't understand how they could track that if 20 people request the same seat and we all renewed early.

18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Fair play to the front office they sent out those View Masters. They do do a really good job with marketing when it comes time to as for money.

19. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    View masters? None here.

L.A. Native repped this.
  20. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it just arrived today.

Lazy Assed Assassin repped this.
  21. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my view master today. Pretty cool. My kid loves it.

22. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    shelbo, Mapo818, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  23. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    The Cadaver repped this.
  24. Mapo818

Mapo818 Member

Mar 21, 2008
    Van Nuys , CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States