2016 Preseason

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by LEM-LAG, Jan 25, 2016.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That actually is the difference I was alluding to - we had that expectation. This year we do not have any expectation. I take your point on a rules change or any player forcing his way out - but again, those are not things that I, at least, expect to happen. I recognize they could happen, but I don't expect them in the same way I expected the roster to shuffle when Gerard came in.

And, BTW, I am not suggesting that stability would be a bad thing here. With all the changes last year, it would be nice to see what this unit can actually do if it gels and Bruce figures out how to get the most out of it.

Ghosting and King Koopa repped this.
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wait till MLS adds more funny money and the new "super secret double probation DP rule" sometime in April.

3. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I am still holding out for Kenny Cooper.

TrickHog, hav77 and The Cadaver repped this.
  4. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villarreal is a willing crosser from the left side.

The guy has to get over his injury issues.

King Koopa and TrickHog repped this.
  5. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but Gio's move to the wing is fairly recent (like this off-season) and seems to represent a proper tactical shift for this year. Importantly, Gio's move out wide coincides with Bruce's decision to bring in Cole and beef up the overlap on the right side. So it almost seems a bit more like this midfield 4:

Gerrard
    Lletget - Gio
    De Jong

whereas previously we had:

Donovan-Sarvas-Juni-Ishizaki

Definitely Donovan and Ishi operated more like traditional wingers than either Lletget or Gio tend to (Donovan did play more like an AM from the left, but could get wide and cross from there, too). Maybe this is just the culmination of what Arena's been trying to do for some time; I think where Zardes ends up playing most and how much time Boateng gets will be really telling as they are really the only guys who can fill in as proper wide wing players.

6. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They do that, and Jurgen really bombs Pearl Harbor.....:cautious:

mbar repped this.