2016 Olympic Qualifying

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by mamalia, Nov 23, 2015.

1. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can also just try a different browser, sometimes that can make a difference. I switch between Chrome and Firefox.

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I tried in 3 different browsers on 2 different operating system, all did the same thing, except the ones without an ad blocker showed an add in the top black bar. The solution I posted is the only way to get rid of the black bars that worked for me.

3. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Maribel Dominguez, 90 minutes, 3 goals, 37 years old. Okay, the competition wasn't good -- but still...

Inch for inch, she's as good as any player who ever stepped onto a pitch.

Some of the Mexican players have picked up some weight: Romero, Rangel, Ocampo. Is it muscle? Romero was good.

exref repped this.
  4. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Get a Roku or equivalent device and watch it on your BIG SCREEN, it's full screen there. :D

5. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I have a HTPC. I don't need a Roku. I just need the NBC Live Extra web developers to stop being idiots.

6. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rica is going to be the toughest opponent IMO, sorry Mexico fans.

7. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    ...about that.:unsure:

8. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they were not well prepared by their coach in the first 15 minutes.
    The penalty kick was horrible referring.
    Costa Rica has 2 world class midfielders and an excellent goalie, but the rest of the team played almost timidly, especially in the first half of the first half.

It'll be interesting to see what the US will do vs Mexico.
    Mexico always struggles mightily against us.

Puerto Rico is no competition whatsoever.
    So, I stand by my statement unless Mexico proves me wrong.

PS - I was referring to our group play only, not the whole tournament.

9. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good find, I used this too. I was thinking of something different earlier. This is definitely a problem which should be addressed by the NBC Live Extra web developers.

10. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My AppleTV 4 worked just fine and got the feed in 1080P. :D

11. hasselhoff

hasselhoff Member

Mar 22, 2005
    If anyone uses Kodi (formerly XBMC) on their HTPC, there's an NBC Live Extra add-on that works very well. It's in the official add-on repository, but usually that version is a little out-of-date. For the latest, check this thread on the Kodi forums:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=207159

holden and 8MiLLeNiuM repped this.
  12. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have uploaded a video of the USWNT vs Costa Rica match on Youtube:

It's an UNLISTED upload, so the Youtube links are only available here.
    It takes a while for Youtube to convert it to 720p.

lunatica repped this.
  13. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Are you sure? I hope so. However, I haven't read any announcement from US Soccer, CONCACAF or NBC to that effect. I can envision a scenario where NBC will require login authorization for internet streams for matches that are available on television.

14. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the 2 matches played yesterday were both offered free (no login required), so I'm assuming. I could be wrong though.

15. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Thanks for the tip! I didn't know there was a Kodi Add-on for it. Works perfectly!

16. hasselhoff

hasselhoff Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Glad to help. The developer does a great job keeping up with changes to the service. Occasionally NBC alters something that breaks the add-on, but he or she always fixes it within a few hours.

17. jackdoggy

jackdoggy Member+

May 16, 2014
    Big D
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8MILL - You, YOU are the man...or the WOman.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Not getting this match on tape was a gut punch but you have remedy that.

18. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem. I have verified that NBC Live Extra does offer replay on-demand, but the matches are usually not available for some time until after the game is over. Also, I'm not sure how long they'll be available on their site.

19. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just verified here: http://www.nbcsports.com/live-extra/2016-02-13 (just change the date to see the schedule)
    that ALL the group play matches of the Olympic Qualifying tournament will be broadcast on NBC Live Extra regardless if they are also on TV.

exref repped this.
  20. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Without authorization?

21. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.

22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    So u spoke with a human about this?

23. 8MiLLeNiuM

8MiLLeNiuM Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. I looked online and the matches show up on NBC Live Extra website.
    The USA vs Puerto Rico match will be on NBCSN; however it shows up on NBC Live Extra website as well.
    See attached photo
    No, but something weird is going on with NBC Live Extra. I checked the schedule yesterday morning and could have sworn that I saw all pool play matches showing up on the NBC Live Extra schedule. However, when I checked last night, I couldn't find anything on the schedule for Monday. Today's matches - USA vs Mexico, etc. - and tomorrow's matches do show up on Live Extra.

24. hasselhoff

hasselhoff Member

Mar 22, 2005
    The live extra add-on I'm using on Kodi lists all the games through Sunday at the moment. However, as I type the USA - Mexico game is not listed as free to watch, so you may need a login for that. Before freaking out, keep in mind that the schedule on Live Extra changes all the time and it may end up being free.

Socarchist repped this.
  25. Socarchist

Socarchist Member+

Feb 21, 2010
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    US Soccer already announced that all 15 games from the tournament will be streamed on NBC Live Extra:

"CHICAGO (Feb. 5, 2016) – The 2016 CONCACAF Women's Olympic Qualifying Championship kicks off on Feb. 10 in Frisco and Houston, Texas, and all 15 matches of the tournament will be streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra, with four also airing on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN). A cable subscription is required to access NBC Live Extra online." (http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/201...-to-be-broadcast-on-nbcsn-and-streamed-online)

The issue is login authorization for those of us without cable subscriptions.

My plan for today is to try to watch online when the link goes live 30 minutes or so prior to kickoff. If I need to login, I'll walk two blocks to my nearest soccer bar and watch it on NBCUniverso there.

I'd rather watch it online. Let me add that the latest from WNT Twitter does not include the "No login required" note it had on Wednesday:

U.S. Soccer WNT ‏@ussoccer_wnt 31m31 minutes ago
    GAMEDAY. #RoadToRio. #USAvMEX [​IMG] 3pm CT. WATCH LIVE: @LiveExtra & @NBCUniverso. Replay: 8:30pm CT @NBCSN.

[​IMG]

https://twitter.com/ussoccer_wnt

8MiLLeNiuM repped this.