2016 Olympic Games [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, May 31, 2016.

1. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Still just a training game. Brazil won't want to get any injuries so soon before the actual tournament begins.

Simply getting a draw against Brazil will be a monumental achievement for our team. They will not want to disappoint their fans in their own stadium.

Iraqipower repped this.
  2. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Highlights from the Brazil - Japan friendly. Brazil was toying with Japan all game. First half could have easily been 4 or 5-0 in Brazil's favour. Their front three is not only extremely talented, but they also link up very very well. They are going to tear us apart, and we will need Fahad Talib in top form if we are to stand any chance. Our defense needs to be airtight. We'll have to park the bus and hope for a good counter attack, otherwise it will be a bloodbath.

Iraqipower repped this.
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    That is if Fahad Talib will be on goal. It's 50/50. It concerns me that we have Mohammed Hameed in the squad.
    My concern is the defence, with guys like Natiq and Nadhim in the team.

Iraqipower repped this.
  4. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Who here has heard of cass the cat. Well the cat predicted that we are going to win over Sweden.

5. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Sweden? Im assuming you mean denmark?

6. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If it's mohammed hameed in net, then we have zero chance at all. I don't know how that guy has managed to make a career as a goalkeeper.

Iraqipower repped this.
  7. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Yea lol Denmark

Iraqipower repped this.
  8. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Fahad deserves to be the starter he performed really well in the qualifiers. Hameed has made too many mistakes to even be considered.

Suren01 repped this.
  9. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Apparently Dhurgham will not participate against Denmark due to injury

10. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Trying to guess the starting 11. Could it be something close to this?

-------------------------Fahad Talib-------------------------
    -------M.Nadhim-------S.Natiq-------A.Ibrahim-------
    A.Mahawi----S.Abdulameer---A.Attwan---A.Adnan
    ----------------A.Hisny--------------H.Tariq--------------
    ----------------------M.Abdulraheem----------------------

Iraqipower repped this.
  11. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I really hope mustafa nadhum doesnt start hes really bad, ali faez will start over him hopefully

Suren01 repped this.
  12. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think they wont go with 3 at the back, and instead have a back 4 of Mahawi, Ali Faez, Ahmed Ibrahim and Ali Adnan, and add Mahdi Kamil or Bashar Rasen to the midfield.

Theres also a big chance that Mohammed Hameed starts in goal which could be a disaster for us.

This first game against Denmark is crucial. We need 3 points here if we want to get out of the group.

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    http://www.iraqi-players.com/?p=10998

This is ridiculous.. Ali Adnan will maybe play as a central defender? He is a LB, not a winger nor centreback.

Oh, and I made a thread for the Denmark game.

Iraqipower repped this.
  14. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    To be honest you can never trust website like these. We will just have to wait for the game and see the lineup. I don't see why everybody is hating is on Mohammed hammed

15. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Personally I trust in Shahad's judgement. If he says Ali can play as a central defender and he's convinced of it then he should do just that. The problem with our NT managers is that none of them think outside the box and that hurts our national team. For instance I'd like to see Dhurgham as a DM someday and Ali Adnan as a LB for the NT.

16. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The problem with Hameed is his ridiculous inconsistency. I don't think he's as bad a goalkeeper as everyone says he is. If you watch the Iraqi league, you will know that in the 12/13 season he was outstanding for the majority of the season and is capable of making really top class saves.

The problem is he is just as prone to making embarrassing mistakes which change the whole game. Even though he was great in the 12/13 season, towards the end of the season he made crucial mistakes against Arbil and Zawraa which almost cost Shorta the league title. I remember also he made awful mistakes for Iraq against Saudi Arabia in an Asian Cup qualifier, and he made a horrible mistake in the AFC Cup for Shorta where he let the ball through his legs which caused them an embarrassing loss to a Palestinian club. Not to mention the Asian Cup third place match where he was downright terrible and cost Iraq a bronze medal.

At times he can be a good keeper, even great, but far too often he makes massive mistakes. No keeper who makes crucial mistakes as often as Hameed does should be anywhere near a national team setup and I don't think he deserves to be in this Olympics squad or any future national squad at all.

oliver-94 and Iraqipower repped this.
  17. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Hameed also has terrible handling skills in general, he makes some good reflex saves sometimes but it doesn't cut it at this level. He is too prone to mishandling the ball and making stupid mistakes. After that iraq game vs uae I don't want to see him near any iraqi team again.

Suren01 repped this.
  18. oliver-94

oliver-94 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Game is at 5pm UK time right?

19. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    So did we waste a overaged player on him? Wait wtf I just read an article stating that we have more than 3 overaged players
    https://ahdaaf.me/2016/08/02/iraq-olympic-team-profile/?cbg_tz=420

20. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yeah. I think it will be shown on BBC Red Button for us in the UK

21. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    It's because some of our players supposedly fake their ages and pretend they are younger than they actually are in order to play in youth tournaments. According to the official records, Hameed is an under 23 player but in reality he is probably older than that. However, as long as there is no solid proof that Iraq use age fraud, there is nothing anyone can really do about it.

Iraqilambo and Iraqipower repped this.
  22. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Oh ok

23. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I have never seen Mohammed Hameed prove that he's actually a talented goalkeeper. At the U20 world cup comentators would call him an unconventional goakeeper which is not a good thing. He doesn't have the right technique to be a proper goalkeeper. In the 2014 world cup qualifiers he let in an embarassing goal against KSA, for Al Shorta he makes an absolutely ridiculous mistake and lets in a goal, at the Asian cup in 2015 he makes an amateur mistake causing Ahmed Ibrahim to get a red card + a penalty call against us.

He's built a career on nothing. To top it all off, he's overage. Every "achievement" he's had as a player playing for Iraq has been against players younger than him.

oliver-94, Kurdii110 and Iraqipower repped this.
  24. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The thing is, every time they test the players its negative and they aren't overage. In fact Nigeria's youth team just got banned.

25. oliver-94

oliver-94 Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That team profile link is confusing lol. We have more than 3 overaged players in our squad.