[2016 AFC U23 Championships: Group Stage] Korea vs Uzbekistan 2016/01/13 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wtf is Uzbeks prob!!
    have they not learned from the Kings Cup

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Damn rough tackle

3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    his passing is a class above the others on the field. uzbeks get a straight red

4. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At first I was wondering why the Uzbekistan player got sent off. But looking at another angle, there was definitely a stamp.

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Damn our GK is good, let's score one more and go home pls.

6. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i like HHC's personality on the field. his aggressiveness is refreshing to see.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    yeah~ 2-1!!!

8. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    More mistakes from PYW..

9. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    what does that mean?

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Still so much to think about and adjust for Shin Tae-yong.

Hopefully Lee Chang-min is not injured to seriously.

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We can't use the diamond 4-4-2 if we keep leaving so much pressure on Park Yong-woo alone.

jinseokyang repped this.
  12. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Some thoughts. Glad first big huddle is now finished with full three points. Uzi were tough son of a guns. They were physical, perhaps too physical which led to their red card. They are good team and I expect them to stay in the to the very end in their second game against Iraq. Standout of the game no doubt was heechan. He was menacing up and down and contributed to the second and winning goal. Midfield is left hanging to be desired and shouldn't let Uzi to shoot it in the middle to score. Again, glad the first game is in books. And should not be problem the remaining two games in the group.

edlee1992 and jinseokyang repped this.
  13. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Only caught the second half, just in time to see that wonderful dribble by Hwang HC (from what I saw he was the MOTM) and a nice finish from Moon CJ from a difficult angle. Wasn't good to see that we conceded not long after that but it was an excellent shot (bounced right in front of GK Kim DJ, one of the hardest shots for GK's to save). Very, very physical play by Uzbeks throughout and kudos to them for being one of the very few AFC teams to never really bunker vs. us, but the result usually seems to be the same at the end which is a win for our side :p

Better than what I saw vs. Saudis at least but I feel that we're going to have a tough time vs. Iraq who always gives us a hard time at youth levels. Hopefully we beat Yemen with a good enough goal difference next match as this is one of those groups where we'll need it with Yemen decidedly the weakest team of the group.

jinseokyang repped this.
  14. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    greatest of all time

edlee1992 repped this.
  15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  16. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just one more thing on today's game, the reason I think we were able to beat Uzi was we have just little bit better players on individual level. We were able to make better final passes, we have players with ability to beat the opponent on 1on1 level, we have players able to use both feet. These small things mattered the most today and I think it showed in the scoresheet.

For Uzi, they played a really tough physical game. Maybe they were more aggressive simply because their opponent was us. I think they have a chip on their shoulder to beat our team. Uzi rarely beat our team on the senior level or in youth level. But they do fantastic against all other Asian teams. But I could see Uzis are getting really close to challenge the top spot in Asia. Uzis are not done in this tourney.

jinseokyang repped this.
  17. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Amazing second goal.

18. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The young yet more handsome Lee Woon-jae -

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Aww 0:32 should've been an assist.

20. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I could sooooo see our defence doing that in a tight 0-0 ballgame vs. Iran at the NT level, except Iran would actually finish that chance off. It's all too familiar...

Great job by Kim DJ to come out quick to narrow down the angle.

21. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #96 Chaminator, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    "한국은 전반 20분 황희찬의 저돌적 돌파에 이은 크로스가 상대 손에 맞아 페널티킥을 얻어냈다. 당초 황희찬이 차려 했지만 신 감독이 페널티킥 키커를 문창진(23·포항 스틸러스)으로 교체했다. 신 감독의 냉정한 판단이었다.

경기 후 만난 신 감독은 “(황)희찬이가 페널티킥을 차려 했지만 (문)창진이 보고 차라고 했다. 자신이 페널티킥을 만들어내면 ‘내가 넣지 못해도 괜찮겠지’라는 마음을 가질 수 있다”며 “또 희찬이는 흥분하고 있었다. 이런 상황에서 실수할 수 있다고 판단했다. 그래서 이번 템포에 쉬고 다음에 PK가 나오면 차라고 했다”고 설명했다."

http://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=241&aid=0002519881

Interestingly, Hwang HC originally wanted to take the PK but Shin TY called for Moon CJ to kick it. Thankfully he didn't do the goddamn Panenka this time, and even though it wasn't exactly kicked accurately into the corner he tricked the keeper into going the wrong way, so... good job, Moon CJ. :p

Actually Shin TY brought up an interesting point... he's not in favour of man who drew the penalty to take the kick itself because that player may justify to himself beforehand that it's acceptable to miss since he created the chance in the first place. That's in interesting perspective I never thought of before. Although here, he also took into account that Hwang HC is the maknae and probably a bit too excited, so a good call by him (and IIRC Hwang HC missed vs. Uzbeks at the U-17 level resulting in our elimination a few years back).

22. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL so he WAS thinking of the panenka.... the thrill of scoring on it must be addictive like crack or something. Let's keep it simple, man.

24. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    had he done it again.. :devilish::devilish:

skimmilk repped this.
  25. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I love hearing these bits of genius from our managers (HMB's "부셔버려" and PK tactics vs GB come to mind)

heyheyhe11 repped this.