[2016 AFC U23 Championships: Final] Korea vs Japan 2016/01/30 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    when you come home with s ticket to rio, but still lose to nation's biggest rival in the most embarrassing way, entire team must apologize to the homeland. korean style.

[​IMG]

i hope the team remember final for long time starting from the top.

2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Someone should have thrown yeots.

3. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe the younger generation doesn't have the urge to beat Japan as much as the older generations did?

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Did you really need to go there? :rolleyes:

LDG20, msc43, Ice cube and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Part of me understands why this had to be done. But another part of me wishes people would have just let them quietly enter back through Incheon and acknowledge this team for what it is...

We should be fortunate that we made it smoothly through Olympic qualifications in a knockout setting with this squad. Overall talent levels are just not the same as the Olympics 2012 squad and Asiad 2014 squad. There are glaring deficiencies in wholesale areas of the pitch with this squad.

This is really a valley generation. Too bad people have been spoiled by the previous generations and the generation following this one. Then again, losing to Japan the way they did, crumbling to pressure and fatigure is cause for blowing things completely out of proportion.

seoulman9 and 12th Player repped this.
  6. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Then you would've seen some real cry babies. Especially from the one posting directly above me. Straight laughable this thread.

heyheyhe11 and Lionel Richie repped this.
  7. Seoul Man

Seoul Man Member

Sep 17, 2001
    World Wide Web
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The responsibility rests with the coaches. Shin TY was bragging that he had never lost to Japan. Up 2-0, you wonder what was going thru his mind. Or wasn't. Such is the human condition.

8. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What are you talking about? Does that sound like criticism to you? You're twisting my words again. :rolleyes:
    I know you're still upset that I pointed out your offensive posts that you sent to the other members in the past, but this is really pathetic. People have pmed me in the past about your behaviour.

heyheyhe11 repped this.
  9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    What about your petty posts that you put up there in locked threads or the pathetic PMs that you send me with silly threats?

10. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    It was a good comeback but the goals were possible bc the Korean team was gassed. I've literally never seen a Korean side at any level just totally fall apart like that out of obvious fatigue.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they were not only gassed, but they also lifted their foot off the gas pedal. Iwanami (one of the Japan CBs) remarked that they panicked a bit after going down 2-0, but felt they had a chance to come back because "Korea started playing in a disrespectfully casual way".

12. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I’ve been a supporter of national team since 1997 and considered myself pretty knowledgeable fan. on top of my head i cannot think of a match when we score two goals first and lost the game. since no one in the media mentioned about it, i decided to personally check all of result of u-23 team dating back to 1991 and see when was the last time team lost a game in same fashion. here’s what i found.

before last saturday our u-23 team according to wiki, since 1991 when our team scores first two goals, our team won 24 times, draw twice and never lost.

Never lost a match when scoring the first two goals. granted many of those wins were against nothing teams in asia.

going back to the last saturday game against japan, after the two goals i cannot blame anyone for being overly confident. after all, our team had many chances to score the third goal(third goal might have won the game) and it was easier to believe from the coaches, the players and the fans that we got the game on the bag. never ever thought we might actually lose the game. because it didn’t happened before to our team.

down two goals, japan didn’t quit. they were able to exploit spaces and made the most by scoring twice in one minute. i assume for them, scoring two goals in one minute to reset the game, saturday was the first time it happened( i maybe wrong). after the first japan goal you could see it lit a fire under japanese, second goal change the momentum completely. two japanese goals happened so fast, i don’t think coach shin had the time to realize he need to change his approach in the game. i thought leading by two goals, going for the third goal was the best option. best defense at that time, was to attack more and keep japan at their own half.

this lost has to go down as the worst defeat of u-23 team in history. considering how they lost and to our biggest rival. but i feel glad this happened last saturday with only u-23 afc championship on the line. sure there was that pride between the two nations. i’ll be furiously pissed as hell if this happened in asian cup final. i am glad it was japan that did this to us. we, from kfa top officials, coaches, players and supporters learned the big lesson which is that the game is not over until the final whistle and nothing is given and everything earned.

here’s a link to results for u-23 team dating to 1991
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea_national_under-23_football_team_results

TaegukRedDevil and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  13. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014

Incredible post. You and your wife must have interesting dinner convos lol.

14. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Its been lovely- but we're done here. Everyone, move along....... move along, nothing to see here. Until the next final. ;)

jinseokyang repped this.
  16. Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie Moderator
    Staff Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Nov 12, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You're making things up again. Which threads are you talking about? I'm not the one who locked those threads. I didn't even post in those threads.

I knew there was something fishy about you the moment you started to become active in this forum. Your early posts were attacks on BENJMNS as if you knew him for a long time. I know that you're still upset that I sent you warnings in the past because of your constant bullying on other members. You should take a look back at the things you did. You're one of the reasons why some of the older members don't post much now, including a mod.

ConcernedK and heyheyhe11 repped this.