[2016 AFC U23 Championships: Final] Korea vs Japan 2016/01/30 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Jan 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    SBS always does that. Its because they earn their money from advertising. They are the most commercially orientated of the three.

Guess you are not living in Korea.

2. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

he was the coach of japan 2012 olympic games.

3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course he's not.

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    it was Sekizuka

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, that was Sekizuka, and he lost to Ganzi Hong when Park Ju-young and Koo Ja-cheol tore them a new whole.

6. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

my mistake.

7. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I'm gutted that we didn't learn from our past three matches (vs Iraq, vs Jordan, and vs Qatar) that we have a huge issue with over-exhaustion and that we have to pace our game for 90 minutes.

Just unacceptable giving up a 2-0 lead. I hope we have some good defensive wildcards.

[​IMG]

8. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

right. they went to commercial so fast like less than a minute. and perfectly guessed that i do not live in homeland. so it's always fascinating to korean tv ad. i do not get to see those often here in states.

9. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    This generation i believe was described the valley generation, the opposite of a peak (i.e. trough generation as in peak and troughs).

Which is why at the start of the tournament and for each match i was very nervous about them being able to get that Olympic ticket. Indeed we all were ready to settle for 3rd and be thankful for it.

Then the lads showed a lot of skill and great passing play in the 1st half and 20min of the 2nd half and I started to think they somehow turned a corner and had become a better as a whole.

In the end they still had the same weaknesses.

I let my expectations rise too quickly and they were dashed. The manner of the loss, letting go a 2-0 lead was terrible, worse than a 0-1 loss.

C'est la vie.

At least we've got the Olympic berth, the original prize we wanted. Hopefully our wildcards will upgrade the team sufficiently for the Olympics.

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The issue is that ideally we should take Son and Suk among the wildcards, but seeing the team, we should just concentrate on boosting our defensive options.

heyheyhe11 and aguy2die4 repped this.
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Who cares, I didn't care too much about this match cause we already qualified.
    In fact I woke up early to hopefully watch LCY and he started but couldn't find a stream, so I watched this instead. meh. If the Lord played it would've been different.

12. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

I don't care if we qualified for the Olympic before this game, it's pathetic to see our side give up a 2-0 lead.
    Kudos to Japan for not backing down, impressive comeback.

13. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    right before japan's onslaught, i thought we had something two center back duo of song juhun and the captain yeom jaemin. i guess i was wrong. one of them will not make the trip to rio this summer.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe not you but for many Koreans that stayed up/woke up just to watch this match are undeniably gutted and or pissed, especially considering how we lost in the end. I honestly wouldn't have minded if hypothetically we were to lose 2-1 per say or 1-0, but to end up conceding two fcuking goals within the span of 10 minutes or so, that right there is pathetic.

killaorca and heyheyhe11 repped this.
  15. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

right, losing to japan is one thing. i don't think we lost to japan in this fashion. can anyone remember the last time japan were down two goals and came back score three unanswered??

in korea right now, a lot of chicken wings were thrown at the tv screen.

16. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Interestingly, I believe, Japan also see their U23 as a weak generation, and in some ways they were, but looks like they've got fight, which ironically was one of the thing we were known for.

It was like an inverse match, Japan playing long ball, Korea playing the passing game...

....Korea gassing out, Japan having stamina

....Japan having fight.

What was also interesting was Korea was still physically taller and bigger, but Japan was fouling hard and being more physical.

Strange game. Cant get my head around letting go a 2-0 lead like that.

zdrstvte repped this.
  17. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Think one additional factor was that the players became over confident, especially when we nearly got that 3rd goal a number of times, and rather than defending the 2-0 lead, we continued to attack, then our forwards started to help out less with defence.

18. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

i think that's the key word of today's lesson. probably was a good butt kick to happen now, not to be repeated in rio this summer. losing to our biggest rival stings but our team surely will bounce back and so will we.

killaorca repped this.
  19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, exactly what I thought. Japan are usually the team dominating possession with wasteful finishing, while we are reliant on counter-attacks with a touch of 투혼, and this game was just the opposite.

20. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now we know for sure who is going to Rio and who is not.

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Unfortunately we can't axe all our defenders.

22. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The closest I can think of to this kind of Haniljeon defeat is at the 2003 U-20 Quarter finals where we lost to Japan on a golden goal after having the lead, but that was only a 1-0 lead. Interestingly, there was one game where we came back on Japan in this exact fashion, being 2-0 down but coming back to win 3-2; the 2010 AFC U-19 Championship (and that one was with the U-20 WC berth on the line).

In the end though, this is what a good rivalry is all about. Experiencing both sides of triumph and crushing defeat. That's what makes it special. For every 도하의 기적, 도쿄대첩 and 2012 Bronze medal games there are games like this one and the 2011 AC semi finals PK defeat, etc. And not just for football, either... I was thinking back to the Premier 12 Baseball tournament of last year and it's really ironic how the game ended in very similar sudden comeback fashion, except we were on the losing end of it today. Let's just be glad that in the end, the most important thing that mattered in this tournament was the Olympic berth and that we achieved our main objective. This is still easier to swallow for me than something like last year's U-19's where Japan eliminated us at the group stages and eliminated us from going to the U-20 WC, for example... that was still a much worse debacle if we look at the bigger picture.

23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now I know how the Iranians felt back in the 2010 Guangzhou Asian games.

Losing a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 in the bronze match.

24. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    This Japan team sucks. It's really pathetic how badly team got gassed and gave up ridiculous goals. Giving up loads of space for that cross and not able to cover ground and space. It was rudimentary stuff nothing fancy from Japan. But that's how this team plays. Backpasses and side passes long balls and hard running. At least first half you saw some individual skill and really quick team movement. They never did that before... which is why they were gassed second half playing right into Japan's defensive minded game management. Japan got scored on twice by crazy flying Korea but then had oodles of energy left when Korea faded enough to score three soft goals. They probably thought they could do the hmb thing and go nuts against Japan and smash them.

25. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Dude, give credit when they're due. That was a a great comeback by Japan.