2016 AFC U-19 Championship (3nd)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Oct 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    You are one of few adequate Iranian posters, respect bruh:thumbsup:

Fa1con repped this.
  2. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Shame I didn't watch the match:( Iran vs Saudi Arabia is always exciting.
    At first when I heard we lost 6-5 I thought it was on penalty shootout lol :laugh:

3. Fa1con

Fa1con Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Saudi Arabia vs Iran

Vietnam vs Japan

[​IMG]

4. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Just watched the highlights. That penalty loooooooool
    I'd be fuming right now if it was a senior match. WTF was that? Asian refs are just completely ********ed in the head.

Shocking defending. How did these kids concede so many goals?

5. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    grats KSA

in my opinion i think there is a lot of value in winning these tournaments and i always want an australian team to win, the saudis should be commended for their efforts, they did great.

but at the same time if youre asking me does this mean australia or any other team that got owned at these tournaments has no talent, well that is obviously crap as its been proven time and time again that team success at youth level doesnt 100% correlate to senior success. it DOES help though.

suren is correct in saying that even if vietnam finished ahead of south korea and australia, wanna bet which team will have better players 5-10 years from now when these kids are in their prime?

still, anyone trying to take away from the saudis win are being disengenious

Suren01 repped this.
  6. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    How many pens did Saudi get in this game?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

7. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From now on, the discussion really should be only on the following topics in this thread:

1. The final match between Japan U20 vs. Saudi Arabia U20

2. U20 WC 2017

MVP#3 repped this.
  8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    People should be old enough to know what to talk about or not. We can not tell them to talk about this or that. We can ask them to be polite though. I have gave up on few Iranians here already. There is no point addressing them anymore. They and other trolls won't listen. Trolls are trolls.

Fa1con, AIL1998 and Diego Aguirre repped this.
  9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    come on guys you guys have been on bigsoccer long enough. stop responding to puppet troll saudi accounts. is anybody forcing you to respond?

William McRashid and Farhad Khan repped this.
  10. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good point.

Only reason I'm not liking your post is due to the fact that it would be contradictory to put my name next to the most racist, most disrespectful, and biggest Uzbek troll on all of football forum history. Just check his posts and all will be baffled on how he's still a member.

11. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The same person was a Persophile at the beginning but the behavior of few trolls in insulting his nation changed his attitude. Ask Zandi if you don't believe me.

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #112 Mani, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    What a load of baloney. He was always a racist troll. He just trolled the Koreans before, calling them "slant eyes" etc, for which he should been banned long time ago. Now he pulls the same kind of crap with Iranians, simply because he is a delusional fan who can't handle his team losing to a better team, be it Iran or Korea. He can't admit that Uzbekistan is just not as good of a football team as he thinks they are, and he is unable to differentiate between normal healthy pre-game/post-game football banter and throwing racial slurs at people online. So the source of the problem is him, and his inferiority-complexed personality, evidence of which is the bizarre fact that he likes telling people that Uzbeks are "white". You can't say someone suddenly became a racist, because other people were mean to him. A person of decent character doesn't just became a vile racist troll because he felt insulted by other trolls as you claim. That's just BS.

Farhad Khan repped this.
  13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I hope some teams specially KSA and other Arab teams benefit from this.

Scouts and club football executives from Europe’s leading leagues are casting their sights on the AFC U-19 Championship Bahrain 2016 in search for the continent’s future stars.

In the last two weeks, the clubs who have sent their scouts to attend the AFC U-19 Championship Bahrain 2016 are: Borussia Mönchengladbach, City Football Group, Liverpool FC, Eredivisie’s FC Groningen, and KAA Gent from Belgium.

Mario Vossen from Borussia Mönchengladbach believes that the influx of Asian talent in Europe in recent years has increased the focus on the continent and represents the growth and prominence of Asian players.

“In the Bundesliga, Shinji Kagawa is an obvious standout talent, but there are several other players who have made their mark. From what we have seen, it is clear that Asian player possess great character, work ethic and good tactical knowledge.

“Looking at the number of players in Europe today, it is a good indication that many of them are receiving good education in Asia,” said the Chief Scout Coordinator from the Bundesliga side who signed Australia’s Mathew Leckie after the AFC U-19 Championship China 2010.

In addition to Kagawa, recent Premier League Player of the Month, Tottenham’s Son Heung-min, Premier League winners and Leicester City’s Shinji Okazaki are just of the iconic stars playing in the top European leagues.

Likewise, City Football Group, the holding company managing an international network of clubs including Manchester City, New York City Football Club, Melbourne City Football Club, Yokohama F. Marinos are keen to add more Asian players to their roster to reflect the transformation strategy currently taking shape.

“The City Football Group is now a global brand and part of that process requires us to expand our scouting network to include more players from everywhere in the world. Asia is a huge market for us”, said Gary Worthington, Head of Player Recruitment at City Football Group.

“Competitions such as these present us with an excellent opportunity to scout the best players in the continent and for the players as well, it gives them that platform to set themselves apart.

“Having seen the knockout stages, it is evident that Asia is certainly getting better each year as the methodologies continue to be improved.”

The AFC U-19 Championship has indeed created a valuable platform for Asia finest to showcase their capabilities. In the past decade, Udinese’s Ali Adnan, Bayer Leverkusen’s Ryu Seung-woo, and Crystal Palace winger, Lee Chung-yong are just some the household alumnus who have graced the competition before sealing their moves abroad.

With the AFC U-19 Championship Bahrain 2016 now reaching its peak, the stage has been set for the future stars of Asia to shine even brighter on one Asia’s oldest youth competitions.

“Timing is always a key factor to assess before bringing a player to a new environment. From my observation, I have been impressed with the physical and technical development of Asian players. It has been a great competition so far,” Mario Vossen concluded.

Fa1con repped this.
  14. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Man City have been needing a penalty taker ^

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

nimava, Mani and Suren01 repped this.
  15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Note: Ref is Khamis Al-Marri. The Qatari ref that gave 2 penalties to Saudi Arabia against Iraq.

17. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congrats Japan :) Hard luck for Saudi.
    Japan should've won this level trophy on many occasions but I don't know why the trophy has always eluded you guys but you finally done it :thumbsup:
    It really was a tough game for both teams albeit it was kinda boring but maybe the weather had affected the performances of the players.
    I wish good luck to all of the qualified teams in the upcoming U-20 WC.

Fa1con and AIL1998 repped this.
  18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Congrats Japan!!!

First time U19 Champions.

19. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Congratulations to Japan for wining the U19 AFC Cup.
    Saudi had chances which were not taken hence it's not bad that the Saudis ended as Runner's Up, Best of Luck next time.

Fa1con repped this.
  20. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good luck to all teams and specially to Japan. May the qualified teams represent Asia well in WC. Hard luck to the rest of the teams.

21. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Some people can't be helped!

22. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Thank you and cogratulations Japan for winning the title.

I am glad the Saudi's are left with empty hands, they couldn't win with no penalties awarded this time.

Vamos Nippon! Hopefully they will put an end to their WC dreams next month as well.

nimava, Mani and Suren01 repped this.
  23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I am glad KSA lost in penalties otherwise few members here would have posted the referee forced the game into penalties and then helped the team to lift the trophy.

On serious note, Congrats Japan, KSA team paid for the chances missed.

Now in WC, I am expecting KSA to be the best among the Asian candidates looking at there performance and striking force..

Fa1con repped this.
  24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How ironic that Saudi al-Penalty eventually lost the cup on penalties. :laugh:

nimava, KiarashM and Suren01 repped this.
  25. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #125 Mani, Oct 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    Good find. Interesting that the most popular boy and girl names in Uzbekistan are Persian. Meanwhile, most popular names in Iran are "Ali" , "Reza", and "Alireza" for boys and "Maryam" and "Zahra" for girls, which are all Shia saint names and Arabic in origin. Interestingly though, the majority of the babies born after the revolution in Iran have got Persian names. It used to be 80% Shia names, 20% Persian names, now overall it's like 60% Persian names since there are like 10+ popular Shia names and 100+ popular Persian names, but those five names I mentioned still remain the single most popular names. "Shayan", "Siavash", "Nazanin" and "Narges" seem to be the most popular Persian names.

Farhad Khan and nimava repped this.