2016 AFC U-16 Championship

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, May 26, 2016.

1. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Congrats my friend, absolutely wonderful achievement which nobody can repeat in the near future, although don't forget that Asian Games trophy of 90th worth more then all these achievements together:p:D
    S u in Rusiya:thumbsup:

Mussab86 repped this.
  2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did not follow this tournament. I just looked at the final outcome. Iran U17 achieved the main goal out of this tournament which was qualifying to the U17 WC 2017. I think U17 can be important at least for a country like Iran. U17 WC helped Saeid Ezatolahi to move to the Europe. Son Heung-min was discovered from U17 tournament. However a lot of U17 players will not be able to progress to the senior level due to many reasons such as change of the plan in the life, financial problems, etc. Hopefully that will not be the case for the current Iran U17 team. Congrat. to all U17 teams that made it to the U17 WC 2017 especially Iraq who won the tournament against us in penalty shootout.

Mussab86 and Suren01 repped this.
  3. Leit

Leit Member

Feb 4, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now hope you guys can soon qualify to WC again. AFC needs more than just Iran, Aussie, Japan and SK. Uzbek, UAE and Iraq are almost there. It might take us another 20 years to achieve the same level if everything goes well. But I can't wait to see the second-tier teams put serious challenge towards the traditional big four.

Suren01 and Mussab86 repped this.
  4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    nah Son Heung-Min was already with Hamburg before the WC.

5. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was he with Hamburg before 2008 AFC U-16 Championship?

6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    i don't think so.

7. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    no thanks. AFC sucks at the world cup. we dont need teams like iraq making that problem worse. we need the top 4 to improve when they make the world cup.

Farhad Khan and killaorca repped this.
  8. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    At least we dont lose 4-0 in the world stages. Last time we played international competition we lose 1-0 to the world champion Spain in the 2009 Confederation Cup.

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    well ur better than saudi il give you that. but also keep in mind spain doesnt take confed cup seriously. they lost to USA.

Mussab86 repped this.
  10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  11. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Mussab86 repped this.
  12. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yeah exactly lol

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  14. Kaptah

Kaptah Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    A positive thing is that AFC react, I think this the first action against match fixing they have taken this year.

Singling out 16 year old goalkeeper Jang Paek Ho from the squad (and fining him 1000USD, how he is going to pay that) is kind of harsh because it is sure he didn't decide to concede the goal by himself. Hopefully it will not lead to further penalty for him by DPRK court. I think the adult coach should know better and he is the one who takes responsibility. They gave bigger punishment to head coach Yung Jong Su, so they probably at least realized that with a different team Yung Jong Su has done similar things not so long ago but of course Yung Jong Su is also only a puppet for the "mastermind".

All in all a very naive thing from DPRK youth teams, all of them, U16, U19, U23 have fixed matches for money during past 1 year. I don't think they realize how obvious it looks like and how betting market reacts when there is a suspicious amount of money staked in these matches.

Back in DPRK these players could afford a bicycle tire or something like that with this crime but the biggest criminal of course cant be caught. I wonder if the "mastermind" who contacted and abused these underage players is happy now with himself, at least one 16 year old career probably finished, the 12 months suspension is not that bad, but I think his reputation ruined in DPRK.

Having said that, AFC have done correct thing. If this kind of action is not punished the cancer will spread. But there is a lot of this stuff happening in East Asia right now. The question is will AFC turn a blind eye to it until it becomes a 10 000 000 times watched youtube video like with DPRK U16. I could name 200 players from China, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia who are guilty of "bringing the game in disrepute following deliberate goal conceding" but are allowed to keep on doing this because it does not look quite as "funny" as that goal from UZB goalkeeper.

Mussab86 repped this.
  15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #190 Mani, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    Will Iraq’s title be taken away by AFC? Iraqi FA has officially admitted to systematic age cheating. As many as 18 of Iraq’s 23 players in this tournament were actually overaged. Their best player Dawood who won the tournament MVP is actually 23 years old!

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/93ntfm/iraq_has_withdrawn_from_the_2018_asian_football/

16. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I think they should take the title away, but AFC won't do that. Age fraud is a disgusting trend started by the baathi regime in the 70's. Hopefully it will come to an end now.

Dawood is born in 1997 btw, so he's 22 years of age now.

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    22 or 23, it’s a disgrace that a player who was 20 years old at the time, was taking part in an U-16 tournament playing against kids 4-5 years younger than him to steal the MVP award from the real U-16 MVP Sharifi. This is daylight robbery and disgraceful. If Iraq is serious about cleaning house, they should forfeit this tittle and other awards/titiles won by age fraud and cheating.

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Let me ask you this question: Do you agree with the policies of the Iranian regime? Do you feel responsible for their actions? Well the same goes on here. The IFA and government of Iraq are corrupt and incompetent. There’s nothing we can change about that, so don’t hold us responsible ;) Most of the Iraqi fans are completely against age fraud.

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The player knows what his real age is, so yes he’s responsible. Some Iraqi fans are also responsible by excusing and enabling such conducts. Most Iraqi fans were dismissive of obvious age fraud, even on this thread. Any logical person could see that Dawood and this Iraqi Team were not really 16, but most Iraqi fans were turning a blind eye on the obvious signs .

20. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You didn't anwer my question. Again: Are you as Iranian individual responsible for the actions of regime of Iran?

About this U17 team: These players passed the MRI tests so it's obvious that most fans thought that this team was clean. It was a couple of months ago that I found out that the FA conducted their own MRI tests.

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The MRI tests were conducted in house by 2 Iraqi officials who were in on the age fraud.