2016/2017 Bundesliga Thread: Hinrunde

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, this is a very tired team that is 3-4 players short of being able to play both CL and the BL with panache. If you look at the standings, most of the teams playing EL and CL are finding tougher going this season in the league, excepting Bayern, who is built for it (they essentially have two full BL quality teams) and Hertha, who only played one round of EL (two games)--and that quite early.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From your experience thru the years...you dont see any other reasons for our current performance level besides the heavy load??? Well and of course the injuries that came in pretty early into the season?

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the major reason. Injuries come next. Losing Alvaro did not help.

4. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Besides the nice trip to Italy..whats your gut feeling against the Italians???

5. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to say. A lot may depend on how well rested the team gets and if we have any new players during the window.

6. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Visiting a friend in Munich this weekend. We have tickets for Augsburg vs Gladbach, too. Who could've known that this match could be a nail biter back in september?

7. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Never conquered them on their home turf...maybe in this season of all things "gone wrong" this trend will change...they also fired their coach ...would be interesting what kind of effect this will bring along?:thumbsdown::speechless::sneaky::eek::whistling:

P to the Wee repped this.
  8. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes well...well i can say we have established a new trend in the Buli...pretty much every single team needs only a couple of balls into our box or close to our box..set pieces corners etc...to score against us.So i think in that category even in Europe we are leading the pack.we look like an engine thats only running on half its cylinders and thats on a good day.
    Another thing thats really at this point funny ...b/c there is no point losing sleep over it..but i can use your feedback on this if you have any info..do you guys know any other team in the past 3 years that has experienced the type of injuries our payers had to deal with.I mean we have even lost a few players to injuries...then we that a pretty solid group that have been away for half season if not longer...and when they do get back on the field they pick up another knok and go back to the rehab center...and to make it more like a Bermuda Triangle thing..these have been our most important players.
    Anyway i think some of our players have already checked out...and are looking at other destinations ( i agree what ken says about the team being tired..but i also have another opinion and i dont think its all about this seasons load)
    We are more pretending on that field than anything else..and we need dozens of opportunities in the opponents box to maybe score one....nah thats not how you play football or win games.Thats a team that has checked out and does not care much.Plus we only put pressure on the goddamn left wing on each and every team that plays against us...rarely we push from our own left flank....also we have totally abandoned the long balls/crosses..we simply are not good enough for tight space one touch football and breaking D-Lines...am not sure when will the boys wake the fack up and smell the coffee..we are bad in passing and weak and sloppy...give it up..that kind of speedy one touch football...has long gone..at least these players cant perform it anymore...then we are too blond to see the rest of the open field and out field players that can be reached thru long balls...Vestergaard does a bit of that but the rest of the Colt...is comfortably doing the same monkey business trying to play one touch speedy passing game..and they look so poor in doing so...anyway ya...."WELL" is a good way to sum it up my friend.One by one and game by game...this team is getting more like a joke...am not even sure its all on Schubert?
    :confused::mad::(:eek::whistling::cautious::unsure::speechless::thumbsdown::devilish::sick:

10. Gladbach93

Gladbach93 New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I didn't watch the game but honestly I expected a draw . I am speechless. I think the synthesis was a free kick at 90+1 and it was kicked to their gk from half of pitch. We gave a game away from home and it is no surprise honestly. We haven't won a single away I think. And the funny thing the only team we stopped away was Leipzburg lol.
    I won't sack Schubert, since there is the relegation game to Wolfsburg: we need a good win.

11. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My advice to you..u wanna remain a fan of this club u better be ready for killer storms and must be thick skinned...I dont think its all on Schubert either but how this ship is cruising at the moment...in football business...thats what they do to quiet the fans and also create a positive shock in the team..it starts from terminating the coach...who knows whats happening in training/locker room..maybe he has lost the team???
    We just look out of it confused and dont give much of damn out there.I wouldnt be surprised if we struggle against VW either...kramer seems like hit pretty bad as well.If Dieter Hecking is available...i think we will soon see him in the gladbach coaching pit!
    :alien::ninja::devilish:

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well we picked up a point and away from home...that seems like a plus eh?? Not really tho:confused:
    Granted we had to fight it out against a team thats sitting at the bottom of the table...but SVD didnt have much to say and they certainly didnt get in our face how i expected them to specially for a team that wants to climb up the table.
    We still look indifferent,lack to display the sense of urgency and today should have been a game where we would push above and beyonf our limits...but i pretty much saw the same team with the same attitude and intensity as it was under Schubert...many teams above us and even below us have what it takes to shred and cut us open.We are just lacking that extra "OOMPH" and will power to push aside our opponents.Lots of poor passing and lack of confidence as well.That shot by Hazard that deflected off the bar could have been a goal yes...but even that was more of a lucky thing happening and going our way...the team is still bleeding and looking at how the rest of the teams our playing this season...we seem like an easy target for most outfits:speechless::speechless::mad::sick::sick::mad:

13. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #213 Dage, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Imo we look worse. If that is what the team gained from the change of the manager and the winter break preseason then we're ********ed.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well since you opened that can of worms....i cant agree more.I dont have anything against Hecking but all along during the first half of the season we could see whatever it was that got us killed in every game out there on the pitch was more on the players ( if not all)...and it wasent on Schubert or poor coaching!
    And yes if thats what we gained from all that prep'ing and a coach change..we do look worse...specially on an opening game when as a team with a new coach and new attitude you wanna go out there and tear it up....and of course against the last team in the buli sitting rock bottom on the floor:speechless::confused::sick:

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And its best to let go of the EL as well b/c surviving this Buli season with the quality that most teams have developed is certainly more than we can handle at the moment let alone trying to keep alive internationally!
    :whistling::(:unsure::thumbsdown::sick::speechless:

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dear lord...whats happening to the officiating in Germany and Buli??? Watching Neverkusen and Hertha and the referee clearly screwed up massively..awarding Neverkusen a PK.It was a clear 100% irrelevant and accidental handball...nowhere close to a PK...specially when u look at how we got robbed yesterday against SVD and hoffman's deflection off the SVD D-Line player...if this was a PK then we should have been awarded one....specially because the SVD player blocked a clear shot by hoffman directly at the goalie....so sad and so ugly to see such low quality in the German League...and how the referee's are ruining the game:confused::mad::(:whistling::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a very bad PK. Very, very bad.