2016/2017 Bundesliga Thread: Hinrunde

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We open with Leverkusen at the Park. Currently this game is scheduled for the regular Fox network (i.e. local tv) for US viewers on the 27th. Hard to believe I can watch Gladbach on my local broadcast station--but there it is.....

LuckyStriker repped this.
  2. Batesey

Batesey New Member

Jul 15, 2016
    England
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Cannot wait for the season to get underway and it's a tough one to start with. Leverkusen have had a strong pure season and have kept hold of Chicharito whilst adding the likes of Volland. With our 3 at the back system I worry about their pace on the wings with Volland and Bellarabi. Wendt and Traore/Hermann will need to be supporting the attack as well as dropping in at full back to help out the back 3. The two in midfield likewise.

People always say about Dortmund being Bayern's biggest challengers and for good reason but I think both us and Leverkusen will be right on their coat tails all year. Could be the best BuLi season yet.

Lamprey repped this.
  3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is the season in which Raffael wins player of the year.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just so long as Bayern doesn't win again....

LuckyStriker repped this.
  5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather Energie Drink FC win then another Bayern title. It's wrong. I know it is. But I don't like the dominance more than I don't like EDFC.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Lamprey repped this.
  6. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    borderland, Maas drainage basin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    agree twice:
    L'kusen is going to be even stronger this season
    guess we are back to back four (or five with Wendt and maybe Korb/Johnson acting more defensively on the left/right side) against them... they are playing a brutal counterattack-style which makes Jantschke (good game at Bern but like Strobl not exactly speedy) against Bellarabi f.e. a total mismatch

7. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    I hope so, too!
    funny thing: Schubert told after the Bern match that he was seriously concerned about Raffael in pre-season (he didn't specify but I guess it was Raffael's slow starting sometimes sleepy style without bite especially when there's nothing at stake)
    but everybody longer in the club than Schubert told him: keep cool, don't bother, he will be there when it matters...

Lamprey and Rosebud repped this.
  8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Eh the pill-pushers don't worry me this season. I think their coaching finally catches up to them and they fall to the EL spots.

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all about the back 3. Wendt/Traore doing a nice job at WB. Just don't like Tony and Elvedi next to Christensen. Get well soon Alvaro.

10. Bananenflanke

Bananenflanke Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Faroe Islands
    first I had the impression that this Rooooooooooger-guy was a phoney
    then they fell in this deep deep hole and I thought: Ha! I knew it!
    then they crawled out of the hole stronger than ever... and I changed my mind
    and when they fall to the EL spots I'll change my mind ... again

however they attracted some good players, I'm definitely curious... but to tell the truth: most of the time I'm even pleased when the odiferous billygoats beat them in their little derby

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Kicker, Bender (injured in gold medal final) and Chicharito are out for the match.

12. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The little pea fell down stairs in his apt. and broke his hand. Out for the game after surgery.

13. EmersonRW

EmersonRW Member

May 3, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I have set up a fantasy Bundesliga league for Big Soccer at Bundesliga.com.

Easy to use, looks like it will be fun.

League name: Big Soccer
    Password: fantasy

fantasy.bundesliga.com

Different from the Kicker league in that you are allotted €150 to purchase your squad of whichever players you wish, at your leisure, and Bundesliga.com gives out weekly prizes to the best squads and at the end of the year the best fantasy manager wins tickets to any Bundesliga match of their choice for the next season.

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea just caught the news.Chica can be a big blow...his certainly a game changer:sick::sneaky::eek:

15. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Heavy Thrashing of SV by the hands of Ancelotti and Hollywood...so was Pep this bad?? Is Ancelotti this much better...was it a fluke result.Does Hollywood respond better to the new BOSS vs the slim fit wearing spanish that left for the Island and soon will be punished once more thru Gladbach....or all of the above??

16. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pep thrashed plenty of sides as well. The question will be if Bayern can still win as regularly as they did under the spaniard, and whether they have better luck in the CL.

17. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hope his thrashing continues when they face us ...specially in Britain..i did predict this way back...imagine if the rest of my prediction comes true...am not sure what makes the brits and their EPL so cocky...they have been absolutely less than zero both internationally and locally..yet they continue to run their mouth...un real:speechless::speechless::speechless::thumbsdown::ROFLMAO:

18. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but Werder was ! Can they relegate themselves-or is it too late ? Embarrassing performance bordering on shameful. No game plan, no heart whatsoever.
    Coach should apologize to both clubs and sets of fans. When your opponent is botching chance after chance already on the way to being up 6 and laughing about it...... something is wrong with the picture.

Games like these give ammo to those who criticize the quality of the league as a whole.......bad for business.

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

After watching an extended highlight of the game....i was banging my head..Bremen from get go did not put any effort..the D-Line was at par with high school level and at points it seemed like its a dress rehearsal of sorts where one team is already relegated or something and the other just has to play b/c they have got nothing better to do during the day..Nobody expects to win easy at AA but for a club such as Bremen that performance was unacceptable...seemed like skripnik has lost the locker room at the end of a very long tough season whereas this was their season opener ...the look on his face at the end of the game said it all..i wish somehow clubs could penalize players if they perform under a certain level...

21. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no!....if you didn't see it, I understand the inference. This one is ALL on their staff. I watched this. Ref didn't give any stoppage as an act of mercy.

Announcers said: "This is the worst defensive game plan I've ever seen!" The players were neither allowed to move forward or defend with any vigor. Munich's FB's spent the entire game in Bremen's half ! "Would you like 5-7 yards of space on every ball that came to your feet when you have it sir ?" No movement to close anybody down at any time. anywhere in the arena. They walked around and then stood there like statues. By order of their coach.

Sure, Lewa can beat a press........but by 30 yards with nobody attempting to trail?

" Ah, no matter. He couldn't possibly score from that angle." "Well......I guess he could at that"...........

Lose, fine. How 'bout at least try to play?

22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's going to start in a view minutes! All of you have a nice season [emoji41][emoji482][emoji106]

23. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Beautiful match, with the scoreline ending up flattering to the pill pushers. The best part is that you're so smooth with the ball with Mo not even on the pitch. Once he & Kramer fully gel you'll be truly spectacular.

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS and Dage repped this.
  24. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dvr'd this one, as wife wanted to grab lunch, but I had my phone send me updates.

Thinking I need a Kramer jersey :)

25. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Different eyes, differing views. Desperate win. Neither goal should've counted. Leno stood on his head today. BMG is fine when they can keep the ball and maintain spatial possession. Bayer denied them that at every turn. Tah-Tah for now and Klempl? couldn't finish or this is over early.

Beautiful when they flow, panicked when they slow. It's a problem. Hurried clearances to nobody in white, a back 3 that too often looks like a back one.......Where is Mo? Stindl/Kramer a no-go. One or the other please.
    Traore was pissed coming off early-don't blame him a bit.

The biggest thing that disturbs is how easily they lose 1 v. 1's to physical teams. Wimpy toe-pokes, out and out fear to tackle.......nah. They couldn't keep the ball enough to " do what they do well" when they got it ! Hahn battled......the rest ? Not to my satisfaction.

It's a win. That's better than D/L. That's better than last year. Schubert's got a lot to do on his back end if they hope to go anywhere this season.