2016-17 UEFA Champions League Quarter-finals First Leg: Borussia Dortmund vs. AS Monaco

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Apr 10, 2017.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kagawa, Weigl, Piszczek, and Reus will be available tomorrow, but Tuchel is still undecided wether he'll play Reus as a starter or a sub. The best team news is that Rode and Castro are unavailable (HALLELUJAH) Castro due to abductor injury during the Bayern match (Vidal the thug did us favour on this one, hope he stays injured) and Rode I suspect is far too shitty to take into consideration. Monaco will play without a few players. Everybody expects a goalfest but I hope that goalfest is entirely our doing and neutralise Monaco's offence. Possible line-ups according to BVB:
    [​IMG]

COME ON GUYS! GO IN HARD, HIT 'EM HARDER AND WE'LL BE IN THE SEMI-FINALS!

Dave46, chewz and bvbSlash repped this.
  2. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The amount of sympathy for Rode from German fans is mindblowing. Talentless, lazy and lacks any kind of ambition whatsoever. I'd have played Merino instead of Raphael and Raphael instead of Schmelzer.

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, in Rode's defence he's a shitty player but seems to be a really nice guy. Always involved in charity work, takes his time with the fans, never complains, keeps a positive mood in the locker room and so on and so forth. A disaster of a transfer but not necessarily a bad person.

4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But he's being paid to deliver results on the pitch. He needs to work harder on it. He makes millions. Invest in extracurricular training. Mario Gotze did this both these past two years. Be the first on the training ground and then the last to leave. Watch him run, observe his actions. He's a lazy mofo.

5. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    *steps up onto soap box*

While I understand that many of us are frustrated with some players right now (Schurrle, Rode, Castro, etc), I'm really sick of this "yes, they're inured!" or "man, he's just lazy!". We have no idea if Rode works hard or not...... and to pretend we do is absurd.

Am I frustrated with the performance of these players - absolutely. Do I have any ill-will towards them - absolutely not. Ultimately these players are still part of our club, and all I want is for our club to succeed.

MatthausSammer, hava, swit0539 and 3 others repped this.
  6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Fully agreed with the comment above. No matter how terrible they are, these are still men with real lives. I want certain players gone, but I don't wish injury on any of them.

I'v never liked Castro, but I think his injury is blow for Dortmund, not because he is particularly good, but because it means Raphael won't play left back. We need to play Raphael left back tomorrow.

Reus and Weigl must play. It's a match with needs Reus' leadership. There are no other leaders in the team.

MatthausSammer and podrinje repped this.
  7. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If the Bayern match has shown us anything, it has to be how vital quality full backs are to everything. Lahm and Alaba allow Ribery and Robben the freedom to do what they do best because of the threat the full backs present on both ends.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't utilize a great LB option in Guerreiro when you have him at your disposal. Merino should be slotted next to Weigl as he has ball-plying abilities and can do a much better job of providing link-up play as that has been a somewhat natural position for him in Spain as well.

eaglespark repped this.
  8. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not convinced that Merino has the ability to play the 8 as we need it. I think he's the perfect back-up for Weigl at the 6.

I think everyone knows RG is being played out of position, but it's simply a gap we need to fill.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    All these messages in support of Castro and Rode are all nice and good, but the fact remains that whenever they play it is to the team's detriment, and no matter how terrible they are Tuchel isists on playing them, so how do you not expect me to wish injuries upon them? It's the only way Tuchel won't play them.

10. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Looking for a great game and our win.

Liquid1010 repped this.
  11. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Absolutely, some of the comments on the forum are shameful.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pep shared his scouting details including video of Monaco with TT.

13. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Raphael is nothing special in midfield. Is not like he is a particularly good 8, he leaves a lot to be desired there, but he is an excellent left back. Playing Raphael adds little to the team. Playing him at left back adds a lot. Surely Bayern just showed that all 11 positions are important. Full backs can decide games.

Even Guardiola as arrogant and dogmatic as he is, has at least temporarily learnt from his mistakes.

When City first started to falter he resorted back to the double pivot with Toure and Fernandinho, before going back to his 6 and two 10s. Last two games, he has realised the two 10s is a stupid idea and is not working and so has played Fernandinho/Delph or Toure/Delph.

Delph is a poor player, nothing Merino has shown implies he is worse than Delph.

Tuchel needs to stop trying to show the world how smart he is, he needs to stop trying to over complicate things and play the best players in their best positions. Do that and Dortmund will be in the semi-finals.

podrinje repped this.
  14. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    The issue is that Guerreiro is not the answer as a CM either as he is just about average when he plays there but is a great LB option so it would add to the overall team quality if he was deployed at LB.

We don't even know how good Merino could be next to Weigl but he has shown me that he's technically gifted and composed with the ball. He deserves at least a chance to prove us all wrong.

eaglespark repped this.
  15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dortmund's team bus attacked on the way to the stadium, one person injured. There's also reports of an explosion.

chewz repped this.
  16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Reports are that Bartra is injured. I hope some people now realise that this is not a computer game. These are players with real lives. I hope there is no serious injury.

BTFOOM, MatthausSammer and chewz repped this.
  17. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Apparently the reports are that an explosive device was set on the street, and the team bus had an accident. Bartra has been sent to the hospital.........

Not sure how reliable all this is (mostly from Bild right now). I would guess the game will be postponed.....

18. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Bild Bartra is "mildly injured", thankfully. What an awful situation.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  19. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVB just tweeted (rough translation): bomb explosion on team bus. Players are safe, and no danger in the stadium. More info to follow

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's terrible. My thoughts are with Bartra right now. Fortunate that he doesn't appear to be seriously injured.

21. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    WTF

This is just crazy.

22. Berchtesgaden

Berchtesgaden Member+

May 18, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Please keep the updates coming -

Best wishes for everyone staying safe.

Hope the catch the scum quickly

kilongo repped this.
  23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My thoughts with Bartra and everyone else associated with this awful event. Hope everyone stays safe.

24. Nermin Kolašinac

Jun 5, 2013
    Lahmfan's crib
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What the actual ********?????

25. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BVB and the Police are asking for patience - emergency personnel are in the stadium right now.

Updated news is it could have been as many as three explosions.

Decision on whether to move forward with the game expected within the next 10min.

Berchtesgaden repped this.