2016-17 Champions League: auf den Spuren des verlorenen Henkelpotts

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Aug 2, 2016.

1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Welt24 is reporting that Lewandowski, Alcantara and Vidal had gone into the referees' lockeroom to hurl insults. Police had to usher them out. Wonderful club.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. Chelicerata

Chelicerata Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Oops! The strawman when you have nothing reasonable to say

Anyway, Stats don't tell the whole story. Dribbling in non-threatening area is full of rubbish BTW. Moreover, Messi's best seasons were in a great team that had great players to support him, he was not the only great in there. That team won 4 titles in a row (Worldcup and Euros). If we say Messi is one in a generation talent, the likes of Xavi, Alves, Iniesta were as well.

Anyway, my point still stand. Without a top team to support him, his talent would never be maximised.

Look at Ronaldo's performance for a boring non-creative Portugal team for example, his aerial threat was just enough to get them through regardless of how dinosaur and negative the team played. Another time, it could be his ghostly movement to open space that bailed out his team. That's where his strength lies and some loves it that way.

On the other hand, Messi plays quite different and except the team is well oiled to support him, he's easily kept out and that's the truth. Just look at his performance since Xavi and Iniesta has gone backward. Even Neymar has looked better because he's not as one-dimensional if we were to take their performance against Psg and Juve into cognisance. I'm not even disputing Messi's talent but acknowledging both of them.

3. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    There's only 1 team in the world that I'm ok to see real madrid beat, and that's bayern.. 2 most hated teams for me, in the above order!

bvbSlash repped this.
  4. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A dream tournament would be we overcome Monaco, oust Madrid in the semis and then beat Juventus 3-1 in the finals......just to repeat that incredible feat exactly 20 years later.

astrophyz repped this.
  5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    How many times do I have to tell you if we face Real Madrid before the Final we won't win the Champions League?

6. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd actually be pissed if they did draw you all....We're the hardest team they've drawn thus far.

Not a dig on BvB, but I doubt they fear any German team at this point.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you sure? They beat you twice even after you discount that offside goal. Whereas they have drawn us both times this season.

8. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think the only team Real fears atm is Juventus and rightly so. Juventus has enough aerial threat to counter Real's setpieces and they have a matchwinner in Dybala. This Juve team is more mature than the 14/15 team.

9. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This Juve team is a beast. They have every possible threat in their squad. It is complete and deep. Apart from Atletico I don't know which squad is as well equipped to beat them. This season Real have been a lot like the United teams in the past. Not great yet good enough.

10. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's not the pain at all - I never wish injury on any player or team. It's simply highlighting that our Captain left to join our arch-rivals for a desire to win the CL. Now we have a chance (admittedly a tough chance) to move on, and he's out. Karma.

bvbSlash repped this.
  11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What the fuck are you talking about?

12. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fair enough.

I've been holding off on getting a Hummels kit because of his past. I think I'm ready to get his kit next. The guy literally left it all out on the pitch. I'd be shocked if he (or Boa) plays this weekend.

13. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm massively conflicted with Hummels. He was one of my favourite players during his time here, and I thought he embodied what it meant to be a Dortmund player. Of all the players that left, his (and potentially Gotze's) departures left me absolutely gutted. Lewa, Gundo, Sahin, Kagawa, or Miki were never part of this club the way Hummels was.

It's not that I like watching him lose, I just like the fact that these guys need to realize not everything comes up smelling like roses when you leave to Bayern.

kbvb repped this.
  14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    After saying all the things he said about Bayern over the years he still leaves; not to mention all the crap about how good of a squad we have. Geez he was even going to get Götze back. To me he's just a mercenary. He is getting paid 10M a season so I would be shocked if he didn't leave everything out on the pitch. 10M to play football.

Look I get it all. He is a football player. His career is short. He has the talent to be amongst the best defenders. He needs to win trophies to consolidate his career achievements. He wanted to go back home. Fischer had him by the balls. Watzke is an idiot. But what about the fans? What about those people who had an almost unconditional love for him? Without fans, he wouldn't be where he is today. How is he any different from the average hypocrite at Bayern?

I can understand why people hate Götze but at least there are excuses. For Hummels, there is nothing but nonsense he spewed over the years.

15. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think he was genuine, otherwise I wouldn't have had a problem buying his kit the first season back.

16. PureEvil

PureEvil Member+

Jul 30, 2014
    California
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Woah woah calm down there tiger

17. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Answer the question...

18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I think this thread should be closed now that we're out.

19. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It'll be open for a couple days so people can reflect on the campaign and offer thoughts then I'll close it.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure why Dembele was on the bench? or why Ginter or Durm were on the field....
    and Burki needs to be dumped such an iffy goalie.:cautious:

21. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

bvbSlash and MatthausSammer repped this.
  22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How often do you watch BVB to make that assessment?

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what can I say, he's never impressed me whenever I have watched Dortmund play.
    It's just an opinion and I'm sure plenty won't agree with me and that's perfectly fine.

24. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Couldn't see the match (only the goals) but I believe this will hurts us massively. One thing is to be eliminated by RM, Bayern or another "big club" but being eliminated by Monaco (bomb and everything) will definitely damage our image as a top club.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bayern should dump Hummels.

what can I say, Hummels has never impressed me in Bayern colours whenever I have watched Bayern play. It's just an opinion and I'm sure plenty won't agree with me and that's perfectly fine.