2016-17 Bundesliga Matchday 28: Bayern München vs. Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Weigl, Kagawa and Piszczek are doubtful, so is Bartra to a lesser degree. Durm, Reus and Schürrle are still unavailable. On Bayern's side Müller and Neuer won't play.
    Predicted line-ups according to BVB:
    [​IMG]

As much as we need the 3 points in our quest to secure a Champions League spot I personally don't think we should risk anyone especially with Vidal lurking around, all I care about is keeping a clean sheet vs. Bayern. Our team's strategy should be focused on defence and avoiding Vidal at all costs, if you get anywhere near him that thug will break your legs, so lets hope Castro makes that mistake, 'cause that would be only way Tuchel will be forced to play someone other than that worthless piece of shit. We all know the real win must come on the 26th of April.

chewz and bvbSlash repped this.
  2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weigl and Kagawa did not make the trip.

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL you remind me of Quinton Sosa.

We need this win as well. Fück Bayern.

4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I AM Quintin Sosa, you got me. What's your twitter handle?

5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Top 4 is guaranteed pretty much. Even if Hertha or Koln won every game, Dortmund only have to win 4/7 games. There is still a fight for top 3.

No player should be risked. The game against Monaco and the cup game are much more important than tomorrow.

BVBFNM repped this.
  6. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My point exactly.

7. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Bayern game is important psychologically. Every game we play them is a chance to get rid of the inferiority complex, and regain the psychological status we had towards them in Klopp's good years. It's also an important step into placing us in top club status. So, it may weigh in Auba's decision this summer. It may weigh in a big player's decision to join us. It may remain in their head for the cup tie, or even beyond that to next season. It may factor in to other clubs' players when they play us that this is the team that beat Bayern.. All the psychological sides of the game...

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly my point. Bayern developed a significant edge over us once they did the league double on us. It's time to return the favour. We absolutely need to beat them tomorrow. It'll play into their CL matches and dampen them in the Pokal. Who amongst us would be stupid enough not to want Bayern to lose tomorrow, in the Pokal and be out of the CL this month???? If you want to crush those cheating and swindling swines then it starts tomorrow. And it would be a bonus with a squad minus some of our best players.

astrophyz repped this.
  9. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    List of injuries for this:
    Definitely out: Reus, Weigl, Kagawa, Schurrle, Durm.
    Potentially out: Piszczek & Bartra.

What an absolutely crap time to have this list of injuries..... just atrocious. We should not risk anyone going into the month we have in April, so I would love to see some of our younger guys go out there and attack.

This also means that Ginter will likely start...... which basically means we are playing 10 vs 12.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  10. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I would agree with this, but not if we don't play a first team at all.

If we don't start with Weigl, Kagawa, Reus and Bartra then we are sending a message it was not the real Dortmund.

Lose that and you can convince the players it was the Dortmund B team. Tuchel can come out and say we will judge the teams when they both have their best players out.

It's the cup game that is key and I have a feeling we will meet them in the CL at some point.

11. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I thought they were injured for real.. But if they aren't, then it doesn't make sense for me to shy away from competition "strategically".. I mean we do need the points for 3rd place! And it sends the wrong message to the players.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    They are injured for real. However, if we lose to limit the psychological blow it's best to sell it as Dortmund, due to their injuries, were only playing a 2nd team.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The bigger issue here is why do we still have injury problems? I can overlook Gotze because that's unusual and not an injury anyway. I can also overlook Reus because he's injury prone. But the rest of the squad being injured this much is absurd.

Is our medical team so absolutely shit? Why do we keep them around year after year? Or maybe we need to hire a player prep team who can ensure that our players don't get injured as often.

14. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Why do teams like Real Madrid, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Liverpool etc. have injury crises? Surely the best and richest clubs in the world would have world-class medical teams.
    I don't buy the notion of medical teams being the reason for these injuries. Diets and fitness regiments for each individual player is only advancing.
    My opinion is the frequency and intensity of the modern game takes a toll on the muscles and cartilage of the players, so standard wear and tear amongst freak accidents is to be expected. We're heading into the end of the season and things are only getting more intense, I'd argue injuries at this point in the season would naturally be more likely.

Disclaimer, I haven't put any research into this topic, just my own opinion. If there actually is a study or research into injuries of athletes I'd actually be interested in reading it

nekkibasara and Liquid1010 repped this.
  15. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Addditionally players often are asked/encouraged to play through the pain. Some say that its rare to be pain free. My theory is that most of the injuries are a result from stress and overuse. These injuries would be difficult to prevent, as how do you measure enough pain to predict that an overuse injury will happen? Pre-emptive measures would only take players out of the game more often, albeit with smaller injuries that could be played through. Are injury-prone players simply players with lower pain thresholds? Or are their pain thresholds higher and then they don't reliably know how to prevent overuse?

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Dortmund is not as deep in certain positions as a Bayern, Barca, etc
    2. Thus certain players don't rotate much despite a full BL/Pokal/CL schedule (Weigl, Kagawa et al)
    3. This is exacerbated by medium-degree injuries to Reus, Schürrle
    4. International duty - Pulisic flew to San Francisco and Panama, Kagawa to Dubai and Tokyo, etc

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But now you're using BVB as a microcosm, and in this case wrt injury issues. This is false. If you look at Juventus who spend roughly as much as we do in transfers and salary combined, at Atletico who are on the same footing from a competence standpoint and finally Bayern who will have almost the exact same schedule by the end of the season, why are our injury issues worse and perpetuates year after year?

18. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOOOOOOOOOTT WOOT

ya'll boys ready for dis? oooh yeah, things gonna get nasty up in dis here house! Vidal gonna break some bones, Lewandowsky gonna score some nice goals....i'ma be like WOOOOT WOOOOT where my hatchet at?! ROFL

in all seriousness though, should be a good match, we should cream you guys ez pz

19. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Must you do this?

20. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, coz you suck! Y'all management suck ass, they so bad, so so bad. Dat's why ya'll always injured, too many punks.

21. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    #21 swit0539, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    Well Slash probably agrees with you on that. Please go now

22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    HSV beat Hoffenheim, which means we only need a draw to reclaim 3rd place.

bvbSlash and MatthausSammer repped this.
  23. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Starting XI:
    [​IMG]

24. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Subs: Weidenfeller, Bender, Sahin, Mor, Rode, Merino, Piszczek.

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Solid lineup.