2016-17 Bundesliga matchday 20: Darmstadt - Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by Arlo, Feb 11, 2017.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    As I said before the board is far from perfect. I expect them to do the following things for the next summer despite what Tuchel wants.
    1. Extend Reus and Auba's contract.
    2. Extend Sokratis and Passlack's contract
    3. Sign a quality 8.
    4. Sign a quality CB.

If they do the following then I will praise them for a job excellently done. If they can get rid of the dead weight, freeing up wages and space for youngsters I will consider it a perfect summer.

This summer though I agree with you the bigger blame goes to Tuchel. It's his signings that are flopping and he is the one refusing to play Raphael and Gotze in their proper positons. The Schurrle money is ridiculous when you think about the way he plans to use him. He spent 30 million on a guy who is not even the first choice sub off the bench. He then spent 14 million on Rode, a guy that never plays.

Tuchel needs to make at least one of these three targets to guarantee his job for me
    1. Win the cup.
    2. Reach the CL semi-final
    3. Finish 2nd.

Anything other than top 3 and he should be fired unless the team happen to win the CL.

bvbSlash repped this.
  2. Kargetina_BVB

Kargetina_BVB Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Bayern won the first game 4:0, Barca had absolutely no chance of making the final.
    Goetze got injured in the second leg while BVB was up 4:1.

He signs a contract with Bayern>>>>Bayern-BVB is on the verge of happening,>>>he gets injured missing the finals.

If you think a club like Bayern that works 24/7 trying to sabotage any contender as soon as it emerges is beyond trying stop the asset they just bought to prevent them from finally winning the CL, i have a sky to sell you. Instead of Goetze we played Kevin G, one of the worst players to ever start a CL final.

Just this year we had players play in the SB with a broken ankle,a dislocated shoulder, and several knee injuries. The CL final just like the SB is a once in a lifetime opportunity to skip unless you're in a wheelchair. The most wonderfully convenient injury.

And mind you, i don't blame Bayern one bit. You can't force anyone to do the things Goetze, Hummels and Lewandowski did. It's like blaming some random dude because your girl cheated on you.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Are you even aware of the kind of injury that Götze had? He didn't just wake up one day and didn't feel like playing anymore. He can be blamed for many things surrounding his transfer, but to think that he faked his injury or the severity of his injury is insane. You cannot play a game without being able to use such a crucial muscle in your leg properly. He actually tried to force a comeback and got injured again. What do you think Götze would have preferred? Joining the new team as a CL winner or joining the CL winner as the loser?
    Like you said, a CL final can be a once in a lifetime opportunity. You don't miss one just for the chance of being in another one some years down the road. That's stupid. How many CL finals did Götze have at Bayern?

Dhajj repped this.
  4. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I have been on the fence with those 2 since the transfer talks.