2015 Season- Player Moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BlueCrimson, Apr 10, 2015.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, they don't have an amateur roster exemption available unless a player is called up by a national team so they had to sign her, at least for one game. Someone was saying that amateur exemptions were over now, but there are still a few players at the Pan Am Games.

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, Sanderson denied it.

3. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Well well, she's trying to keep this interesting. Maybe she's returning to Boston after all. That shouldn't be that difficult as if she's not playing in WNY, BOS is the closest to there.

4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Could be that Boston and WNY couldn't work out a trade. I'd expect Boston would've demanded at least MewTwo for Sanderson, if not more (if not, Boston would be crazy). And WNY might not be willing to give up that much.

5. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
  7. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His nickname is going to change from "Kiwi" to "Hatchet"

8. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    So I'm gonna ask this again, what happened to the 18-residency camp? Or are the Brazilian federation letting then take a few months break here and there?

10. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
  11. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    lil_one and BlueCrimson repped this.
  12. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Maybe they figured it wasn't working out as they thought it would and decided maybe they would be better off having the players playing in a competitive league.

babranski repped this.
  13. mamalia

mamalia Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Cincinnati OH US
    Some Red Stars-centric quotes and comments re: Shannon Boxx retirement:

Boxx appeared in the Red Stars’ official “Welcome Home, World Cup Heroes” match against Boston Breakers on July 18. In her pregame comments, she hinted at retiring soon, though many thought she might finish out the NWSL season with Chicago.

“I felt that being a part of that occasion was really important for myself, for the organization, and for the fans,” said the U.S. legend. “At that point I wasn’t sure what I would do and was actually going through a pretty stressful time trying to make a decision. In the end, it came down to what was best for my family back in Portland. When I spent a couple of days at my house there after the game in Chicago, I saw how much my daughter thrived on that and it really put me over the top.”

Red Stars Head Coach Rory Dames was full of praise for his three-year midfielder.

“Shannon is one of the best professionals I’ve ever been around,” he said. “She radiates confidence and has won at every level, now including the World Cup, which makes me very happy for her. We will really miss her experience both in the locker room and on the field. After all, she is the most accomplished player on our team and you simply can’t replace her personality and leadership. With all that said, I’m so excited for the journey Shannon is about to go on of really spending time with her family and raising her daughter. I think she will enjoy it tremendously and wish her nothing but the best.”

The sentiment was echoed by Chicago General Manager Alyse La Hue.

“There are few players who have as decorated a career as Shannon,” she remarked. “What she brought to the organization were so many intangibles that only someone who has competed at the highest level for such a long time and persevered through seemingly insurmountable obstacles could bring. We’ll miss her day-to-day presence, but we’re grateful for her time here and that she ended her lauded career as a Red Star.”

While Boxx will no longer be a part of her NWSL team’s fight for the 2015 league crown, she made it clear she cherishes her time in the Windy City and closed her comments by assuring fans she will be there in spirit as the club heads into the final third of its season.

“I’ve always loved Chicago and felt very close to my teammates there,” she said. “I think that’s what I’m going to miss most about playing professionally – being among friends who are all competitive and all share a common goal. You can’t quite get that in any other environment or job. I believe I became a better person because of the girls around me.

“Of course I will continue to root for the Red Stars. Even during the World Cup, we were constantly saying, “Gosh, look at how great they’re doing back home.” I’ve told the players that I’m always there if they need anything. The fact I’ve made a decision for my family doesn’t mean I’m no longer emotionally invested. I believe the team has an amazing opportunity to bring a championship home to Chicago.”

lil_one and lunatica repped this.
  14. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Alright, so why are people on twitter now acting like Sanderson is going to Portland? I know she denied that she was going to WNY, but where did the going to Portland rumor start?

15. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Because Portland is the Evil Empire / Death Star / Black Hole for the league, everyone will play there!!!!!1!1!!!

(Seriously, no clue here.)

16. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Maybe because of this:

17. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Actually I just did some more digging, and apparently MP tweeted something about Sanderson and has since deleted it.

18. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Well is there any tweet that Paulson does not delete?

19. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Hmm... I don't see anything on the tweetbunker site. Maybe he deleted it too quickly for it to pick it up?

Anyway, if Sanderson does go to Portland, what would Boston get in return? Draft picks, I'd guess.

20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    If I'm Boston, I'm asking for an actual player and not a draft pick.

21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, I was only going off of what other Twitter people had said... Maybe it's all bunk?

22. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Many Bostons died to bring us this information"

WNYChelseaFan and BlueCrimson repped this.
  23. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    But who would you ask for? If it were up to me, it would have to be a NT class player and I don't think Portland wants to give any of theirs up. Maybe I'd go for Menges and a draft pick.

Well it depends how often tweetbunker archives his twitter feed. If say they update every 5 minutes and he deleted the tweet in less than 5, that still would've been plenty of time for the word to spread but not enough time for tweetbunker to pick it up.

24. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    morgan's always injured. maybe they'll send her over. ask for her.

25. warh2os

warh2os Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Yeah it might be better to trade Alex Morgan to another team. Portland doesn't really need her for her drawing power.