2015 Scorpions Roster Thread

Discussion in 'San Antonio FC' started by Sam U El, Jan 19, 2015.

1. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blando13 repped this.
  2. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. choch2727

choch2727 Member

May 30, 2007
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. I think he is our only actual RB. I know Julius James has played there before, and this year we've seen Nana Attakora there, but both of them are CBs. I think Saad will play major minutes for us.

4. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's awesome. Hope he performs well. I tried to go back on the twitter feed to see who had started at RB for you in the preseason ... I saw a midfielder had started there (Gibson maybe?). Either way, hope Kempin and Saad both play well and play a lot for you all. Lot of fun attacking players down there with some great experience so it should be fun!

greenroom repped this.
  5. choch2727

choch2727 Member

May 30, 2007
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Also, in a previous game, Marcina (our coach) tried playing Zourab Tsiskaridke, our DM/Destroyer, at RB. As you can see, we've been trying to find someone that can play there.

Although Marcina doesn't just give away starting spots, and doesn't play favorites. Tyler Gibson is a rookie, but he played really well. Had a mistake early in the game, but was impressed with how well he recovered and played the rest of the game. So if we see Saad playing at RB, and starting regularly, that means he earned the spot. As far as Kempin, I am 99% sure he will be our starter this season. He had a monster first game, a lot of great saves, among them, a PK stop.

ZooCougar repped this.
  6. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's all great to hear! Kempin made a PK stop in his debut for SKC last year ... I think he's viewed as our 2nd best keeper but we wanted him to get games so we sent him out on loan as opposed to sitting on our bench. I think he's within 2 years of being a great GK at the MLS level and this is a good way of finding out!

As far as Saad ... he is one of 2 RB's that we drafted in the 1st round and the other player beat him out and ended up starting for us for the first couple of MLS games ... but ideally, Myers comes back healthy. Saad being there for the full year will really be good for him to get games.

Thanks for the updates, I'll check in periodically and try to catch some games on ESPN3.

7. Blando13

Blando13 Member+

Dec 4, 2013
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SAS fans ... do you think Kempin lost his job (due to subpar performance in the opening 2 games) or was just benched because he was at the USMNT U23 camp? And do you think the your other GK played well enough against MINN U to pass Kempin on the depth chart?

How has Saad been playing at RB ... I understand he's played ever minute at RB for the Scorpions this season, just wondering how he's been doing in the position.

Thanks!

8. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think Kempin should be the starter, outside of the goal from Indy11 not sure you can really fault him.

As far as Saad, his first game was a disaster, his turnovers led to 2 goals, looks way out of his element. However, game two you could see huge strides and was custom to the how fast and physical the game is. So willing to give him a break on his game 1 performance. Watched the Minnu game on ESPN3, but it's hard to judge off of the TV..

But hopefully both will continue on starting and continuing to get better. That said the Scorpions are out of winning the Spring, but still need to get as many points possible.

Blando13 repped this.
  9. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We just traded Menjivar to Tampa for Brad Rusin

10. Daekor

Daekor Member

Dec 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Khari Stephenson has returned back to MLS San Jose.

11. Jeel Bear Toe

Jeel Bear Toe New Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    What's the latest on Josue Soto?

12. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team: