2015 New York Cosmos Match Thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by oneeyedfool, Feb 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Is it me or have the Cosmos completely mailed it in for the Fall?

2. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Gio will allow that, but they have been listless and poor defensively. They need new defenders ASAP

3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed. Gio doesn't seem like the type, however the 2 points are embarrassing. On the defensive end I agree, Roversio is not reliable, he misses more games than he plays,Mendes has lost a step, Gorskie could be a liability at times and Caceres is not yet there. IMO we need a couple of guys at that Roversio level, but that actually make it out to the pitch.

oneeyedfool and brentgoulet repped this.
  4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Much needed three points, I think Gio shaking up the line up and the formation a bit was just what the doctor ordered. The team responded well, we just need to put games away. Up two nothing we were in danger a couple of times, lucky the linesman is blind as a bat.....lol , I'll take the three points.

oneeyedfool repped this.
  5. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    The Cardiac Cosmos ;)

oneeyedfool repped this.
  6. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the highlights. I was wondering if that final offside goal was headed in if Leo didn't touch it but it looks like it wasn't.

brentgoulet repped this.
  7. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cardiac Cosmos indeed! Surprised with the 1-4-1-4 formation, I used that formation a lot when I played Football Manager. Missed the 1st half how did Haji look?

Watching the 2nd half, I was ready to accept the 3-0 loss and we almost won that game! had a nice 2nd goal you could hear the gasp of the crowd! The Cosmos "4th goal" that was called offsides was the correct call. The Strikers goalie had some choice words with his defenders after the game...

So this is the Cosmos scoring formula now?
    Opponent scores X goals in the min 0-60
    Cosmos scores X (or X+1) goals in the min 60-90. (That formula didn't work against RBNY though:()

nanoGVSP and brentgoulet repped this.
  8. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a fun game to be at and I actually was impressed by Nane's play for them until he nearly injured Senna. He seemed to get chippy with Moffat a few times like he was pissed the guy stole his job. Until the red card, Nane was one of their better players. Billy Forbes is always going to cause problems for our old defensive line with his speed. Glad it only led to one goal. All in all, a good game from the team and a well-deserved three points. A couple big games coming up soon.

brentgoulet repped this.
  9. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The starting lineup was a bit of a surprise tonight, no Maurer, no senna, no Roversio, no Restrepo. Even so the team played a well and most importantly were able to come away with the three points. Holt did okay for the most part, not as good with the feet as Maurer. In the back line Mulligan looked a bit overmatched by Shipalane, specially on the first goal. He did have very good moments, one of which should have ended up in a Cosmos goal. The mid worked well Mofat is a hustler and Flores takes care of the ball andcombines well with the flanks. It was a plus to see Wright in action and do so well. I got to say Lucky was the man of the match in my book.
    Great night for soccer, exiting game specially the second half and meet the team night afterwards was a definite awesome. Cosmos did a great job running the event.

brentgoulet repped this.
  10. bnyc

bnyc Member

Jan 20, 2015
    New York
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Did Gio give any reasons for selections?
    Are there injuries?

11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well at meet the team night I was able to ask Maurer if he was okay, he said he had a bit of a pull, didn't want to take chances but he should be good for the next game. Senna and Roversio are probably reaping the benefits of having good back ups. IMO the formation change has got Setella on the bench for now, and Guenzatti is pushing Restrepo for the starting spot.

12. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cosmos v. JAX highlights

13. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Big game this Sunday, if we win it'll be a great way to send off two great players. Specially Senna who has shown to have a real conection with the fans. I got my tickets, hope we have more than the 5K that showed up for the semis, since this is the final I'm hoping for at least 7K.

Prosoccercdn, jspech and brentgoulet repped this.
  14. Bklyn Royals Fan

United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the BS posters in this thread are probably at the game.

Watched the game on ESPN3, it was a great game and the attendance was solid. Credit to Ottawa for the strong play and their traveling contingent, they better lock in Tom Heinemann fast. His play was great.

Can't believe that Cellerino got a hat trick! Szetela hustled for every ball and was solid in midfield. We got the double!

nanoGVSP, brentgoulet, Sam U El and 2 others repped this.
  15. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #147 nanoGVSP, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    Last night's game was amazing, from start to finish. Ottawa never gave up they kept fighting back, but the Cosmos and the crowd proved to be too much. The stadium was electric, reminded me of the open cup games. I couldn't be more proud to be a Cosmos supporter, to win the title at home with two of our stars retiring in a hard fought game. Go Cosmos!!
    PS. The reff was crap, he missed too many calls that could have helped us.....But we still won.

16. Sam U El

Sam U El Moderator
    Staff Member

May 31, 2013
    Seoul Korea
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Chesco United

Chesco United Member+

DC United
    Jun 24, 2001
    Chester County, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Belated congratulations on your latest title. Good to send Raul and Senna off into the sunset with a championship.

brentgoulet repped this.