2015 LA Galaxy II (USL)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by SoCalYid, Feb 17, 2015.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geneva repped this.
  2. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think after this year it has to be up or out for Auras. He's not going to gain any more from playing in the USL and he's keeping the younger players from getting time. And Covarrubias should just be out.

We seemed to take the approach this year of using experienced players in the middle to control things, which I understand, but our younger players are starting to pile up. Players who "graduated" from the academy are playing one more year with the U-18's because the G2 bench is full with players who themselves aren't getting much time.

Once we're in the playoffs I think we should absolutely do whatever it takes to maximize our possibility of winning (excluding loan Robbie Keane to G2) but for the regular season next year, I hope we skew a little younger.

The Cadaver repped this.
  3. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would take Auras over Väyrynen and he can't be more then his contract right?

4. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSsoccer has a nice article about us getting to the USL Championship game.

Perhaps the most interesting part is:

"Jack McBean, who was dropped from the first team to a Galaxy II contract this year, has grown massively as a target striker."

This is something I had wondered about earlier and had all but confirmed for me a few weeks ago. It makes sense given that he didn't show up on the MLS salary list but we'd not had official confirmation of this (unless I missed it) until now.

WarGalaxy and Dr.Phil repped this.
  5. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Finally watched the last game and it's interesting how defensive we've become. McBean is pulling back and almost playing like a #10. The problem is then that our entire attack is balls over the top to Lassiter. He looks good there but we're so predictable. Our wide midfielders seem incapable of attacking the goal.

Given how good Rochester's defense is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 0-0 at the end of regulation.

Geneva repped this.
  6. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think the article is being charitable. He's skilled but I don't see him as being a danger in the air or physically wearing down defenders in the way that a traditional target striker does.

7. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No his job this season has been to draw the CB's while we look to long ball the to our speedy off players.

8. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game's about to start and it's raining rather hard in Rochester. It's going to be an interesting environment.

9. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TrickHog and La Trucha repped this.
  10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lousy conditions, hopefully the guys can settle down and gain control of this game...

11. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    crappy auras FK leads to rochester handball like 2 inches outside of the box, dead center.
    Olivera drilled shot hard into the wall, someone volleyed the rebound on goal, leading to pretty good save by Rochester goalie, who is apparently pretty good.
    first legit chance goes to g2

12. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 at half.

Pretty much what was expected. Rochester has been playing on the counter attack and most of the possession has being in Rochester's defensive half. We've attempted to be patient and to our credit we've not relied on some of the more regressive style of play we've often seen this season. There has been some good movement but we're missing that final touch to either finish or set up someone to finish. Rochester have had some dangerous attacks but mostly haven't resulted in much. If the second half remains more of the first, I like out chances.

13. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    50th minute Nacho in for Mendiola. injury? he looked okay walking off

edit: sideline reporter comes thru! he was not feeling well, throwing up at halftime

14. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-0 ARI!!! Some chaos off a free kick. A Diallo header was tipped onto the cross bar by the keeper and Lassiter mops up the rebound.

16. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McBean hasn't had a good game. He just whiffed hard trying to clear the ball out of the box and the ball came up and hit him in the face. Still 1-0 G2 in the 74th minute.

Olivera off in the 76th, Covarubbias on. We're bunkering from here on out, folks.

17. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meyer on for Sorto in the 80th.

18. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorto responsible for a bunch of booted balls towards the forwards tonight. maintaining possession is probably the biggest thing he needs to work on with an eye towards G1

La Trucha and GalaxyKoa repped this.
  19. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lassiter off, Bowen on in the 89th.

20. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rochester equalize in the 91st off a corner. Diop beaten to the ball. Sh*t. I'm pretty sure that's their first shot on goal.

Dynasty2013 repped this.
  21. TruffleShuffle

Dec 7, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    g2 are taking their G1 prep very seriously... giving up the stoppage time goal on a corner

generaladmissision18 and TrickHog repped this.
  22. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extra time it is. Rochester is extremely lucky to have tied the game. We've been the better team.

This lineup needs to tough out another 30 minutes with 3 center backs and 3 defensive midfielders.

We're playing something like this:

McBean Bowen
    Maganto Auras Walker Covarrubias
    Franco Diallo Steres Meyer
    Diop

There really isn't a whole lot of creativity or good attacking movement in that team. I don't think we'll score with that lineup.

23. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the 104th minute, Diop comes out after taking a knee to the head and Bennett Sneddon comes into to make his professional debut. Holy crap. He looks nervy. Touched a shot wide that was always going wide, makes a weak attempt at a clear on a corner and Rochester nearly score on a mini bike. Yikes.

A few minutes later Sneddon came WAY too far off the line and the ball bounces over him. We've been lucky in the last few minutes. Half time in OT comes to a close, still 1-1. We've not looked good.

24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are clearly training the team to play the G1 style….

:(

And man is Sneddon playing like an 18-year kid….

25. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sneddon grabs a cross out of the air. A simple play but one that needed to be made. Hopefully he builds off that.