[2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup: Group Stages] Korea vs England 2015/10/23 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Match Information:
    2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile First Stage Group B: Korea vs England.
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 Live KBS2TV 5:00 AM Korea Time.
    Venue: Estadio Francisco Sanchez Rumoroso, Coquimbo, Chile.

(Same venue as first Brazil match)

[​IMG]

Time Zone:
    Friday, October 23, 2015 5:00 PM Chile Time
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:00 AM Korea Time
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 7:00 AM Australia Time
    Saturday, October 24, 2015 9:00 AM New Zealand Time
    Friday, October 23, 2015 10:00 AM Hawaii Time
    Friday, October 23, 2015 1:00 PM Pacific Time
    Friday, October 23, 2015 4:00 PM Eastern Time
    Friday, October 23, 2015 9:00 PM UK Time(GMT)
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

(Always check again as I could have made a mistake!)

Group B:
    [​IMG]

The fearless 17 year olds!
    [​IMG]

2. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm following the team and it's fantastic to see our young players getting the experience they need playing against some of the world's best players. Coming from Asia, there's only so many times our players go out the country and play against team all over the world.

First time in history, an international competition (excluding ones held in Asia), our team won the first two games and qualified for the knockout stage with one games on hand. Here's are couple of things I'd like to see on the last group game against England.

1. Play the England game with equal urgency like England, play the game just like we're playing the first group game. England are not out yet, will do everything to win the game against us.

2. Keep the clean sheet for third straight. Win to achieve 100 percent record for the group stage(first time ever).

3. Tighten up the defense. The game against guinea, our team allowed more chances than we would like.

4. Get seungwoo on the scoresheet.

5. Field our best eleven. Our centerback choi jaeyoung, who got injured and out of the tourney, replaced by lee seungmo for the second game, other than that the team's starting eleven is about the same. I would like to see the same lineup.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Put our b team and let's just beat them.

4. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Chance for our team to show the EPL scouts how overrated these English players are..

nmssis repped this.
  5. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Let's do what we did against GB in 2012!

nmssis repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    3 games in 7 days. That's too much for 15-17yr old kids.

7. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Very true. But understand this is what they signed up for. Other teams in the tourney are having the same problems as we are. We're fortunate that we won both games, but what I'm saying that we shouldn't take anything for granted and play the final group like its the first group game. After the group stage is finished, we get 4 full days, one more than our opponent to be. We earn that one more day of rest for finishing first in the group. So I believe finishing first means a lot.

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    City duo 'raring to go' for England U17s against South Korea
    [​IMG]

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/d...ifa-u17s-world-cup-221015#cpx7msvb91tKW8Ro.99

Neil Dewsnip rues bad luck as he declares his pride in Lions
    [​IMG]
    Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/d...ifa-u17s-world-cup-211015#WAIF8jxWZRbvv5KT.99

9. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, I want Korea to finish 1st & it does mean a lot to finish 1st. I don't want Korea to take England lightly. However, Korea has to rotate the squad.. just like all other squad in this tournament. You don't want kids to be burnt out & be susceptible to injury. This is U-17 tournament for "development" purpose.

10. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I'm going to flip it around and say, shouldn't England be also rotating their own squad as well?. I say that because I don't think, they'll have that luxury because I don't think England will mail it in( you know what i mean) and field their b team against us especially when they're not out of the tourney and make the knockout stage.

You also mentioned we don't want the players to be burnt out and leave them vulnerable to injury. My answer to that is again, this is what they signed up for. Get used to playing multiple games in a week. Again, other teams in the tourney have the same problem, does any of those have the luxury to spare best and actually exercise the option.

11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    England rotated their squad already. Little by little unlike Korea. Also, kids didn't sign up to get injured.

12. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    no player signed up to play 3 games in 6.5 days. almost everyone would agree it's a demanding schedule for 17&16 year olds. hell you do this with senior players there probably would be an outrage. you rotate players in matches like this. there shouldn't be any question.

it's not even like they have an entire backup team to rotate. only 18 field players in the squad, one is out injured and one flew in just last week to replace jang gyulhee. and just 14 of them are 'warmed up' from having played in the previous two matches.

13. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I take your word for England rotating. I could see why England currently at a draw and a lost. And it's unfair to say the kids didn't signed up get injured. Even at their young age, they have to know injuries are part of the game.

14. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This isn't the EAFF though. We've clinched, so it only makes sense to get the best of both worlds by resting our starters and warming up our second unit. Both could prove to be vital if our boys go beyond R16.

But yeah. First or second unit, I want our boys to destroy England.

15. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    They understand it's part of the game but they didn't sign up to get injured willingly.

16. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The bottom line is the guys that need the rest will have to get it here... we all want to win but we can't run them into the ground either. Hard working guys like Park Sang Hyuk for example looked totally knackered by the end of the Guinea game and will definitely need time off. With that said, I'm not expecting a total backup squad either, I'm sure Choi JC will rotate the squad as it needs to be for right amount of balance.

Hodori repped this.
  17. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Going all out against England with a Korean A-Team is retarded so that's not going to happen.

Yea, a win would definitely be awesome, but it would be much better if Korea draws with England by parking the bus and not risking anyone with injuries.

Judging by the highly organized defense that Korea has been able to pull off, parking the bus should be an effective way to secure 1st place without much risk.

lossless and Hodori repped this.
  18. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Does that mean playing 3 games on 6.5 days guarentee an injury? When does an adult tell the young players,

"Hey kids, I know it sucks but sometimes, you have to play 3 games in a week. And stepping up to field to play may means you're likely to get injuried"

Name me one kid would say

"Fcuk you coach! I didn't signed up for this, I quit!"

Actually, you may find young kids would say that in the coach's face. The point is, I know the scheduling sucks, it's a short tourney, they'll play in u-17 World Cup only once their lifetime. I dont think it's unfair to ask the young players to man up(just like someone in this board told me) and be ready to play on short rest. U-17 won't comeback for them, after the World Cup, they can have all the rest they want/need.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I think it's extremely irresponsible by the manager/adult to force young "teens" to "man up".

And no, it doesn't guarantee the player/teen will get injured. However, the probability that they will certainly goes up... especially for players/teens like Kim Jin-Ya, the LW, and the full-backs. A fatigue/tired player is useless anyways. The manager has a squad of 21 (or is it 23?) players. I hope he trust his players... and you should too (instead of expecting teens to be like adults).

edit - also, don't these teens have school/youth games to play after the WC?

20. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Why would you listen to a kid? Kids are dumb.

21. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Very true that it may be very irresponsible to ask these group of players to "man up" and get ready on short rest. But at what point when do they tell them to?. these young players has to face playing three games in a week sooner than later. When did your father told you to man up? Mine was pretty early. At 16-17, I don't think it's too early.

I trust the coaching staff to prepare the team to win every game. Never to settle because they have the luxury.

Most of the kids are in high school level. Such as Ulsan Hyundai high school( that's real high school).

22. LeVin

LeVin Member+

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Players don't have a squat to say when FIFA or some FA schedules matches like bunch of illiterate apes. It's up to reasonable managers and leaders to rotate players or force changes to match schedules as they see fit, especially since your average football fans will never willingly say no to more football games. It's not as if rotating fresh players is akin to throwing the game. All the drama over squad rotation is pointless.

23. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Btw. I mentioned my old man told me man up pretty early, that doesn't mean I endorse 6th graders to do the same.It would be criminal to tell 12 yr old kids -and subject them to 3 90 mins games in one week.

At age 17, I believe it's the right time

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Can your posts get any worse in this thread?

sac517, HojuSaram and skimmilk repped this.
  25. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    At no age should they be playing that many minutes. This isnt effing baseball. Just go watch the mets if you want 3 games with starters in less than one week.

sac517 repped this.