2015 Crew SC Roster Thread: In-season

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by 110toyourleft, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And let's be honest, if we win this year, and Trapp gets that Greek passport, we may be selling/replacing.

2. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing we've got him for one more, but anything could happen.

3. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I was one of the loudest critics of Parkhurst mid season. However, he seems to have come out of his funk and gotten his head on straight for the last few months, basically since Sauro arrived; but I don't want to imply that it was necessarily all Sauro-- though I think that was huge for his resurgence. As long as he continues to play with the heart and head he's shown recently, I have no problems keeping him around. But I still think he's not necessarily the right Captain choice.

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm of the same opinion. Seeing actual emotion from him after the Montreal win in that MLS insider video, celebrating - that's not something I'd seen from him before.

Plus, he's been on 3 NERevs MLS cup teams and never won - getting close to the end of his career, he might be feeling the pressure.

5. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been a critic of MP too, but he's obviously leading this team in a lot of ways that we're not seeing. What Trapp said of him in that MLS Now video being one obvious clue.

I don't think there is any way that Berhalter/Precourt don't have him back next year.

The obvious places to improve the roster depth and clear space is to remove the higher wage guys that aren't getting regular minutes, Pogatetz being the most obvious. You would have to think Steindorsen, and Saied would potentially moving on because of international status as much as salary and playing time. I don't think Stein has much to offer now based on Cedric's addition. Saied can play on this team, but I think George has come along enough to where he is 2nd choice for either Trapp or Tchani.

Jack Mac is the biggest offseason question. I would love to keep him at $200-$225K. We'll see where that goes.

TKyle, Tobias C and Draghignazzo repped this.
  6. C-Bus20

C-Bus20 Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumor has it Hector Jimenez will be going back to LA and we will be getting Kenny Walker...my BW3 waitress told me that. You will see.

7. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also am assuming we make CCL. How many 18-19 year olds are regular contributors? It's the long play. Saying with established starters and decent depth in some positions we are in a spot to give a roster spot to a high potential type of player.

8. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know what he's going through, my older brother had to drop out of College and come home when my Father was in the hospital for my entire senior year of high school.

Bill Archer repped this.
  9. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that NE and Orl were making roster decisions today on whose options to pick up and whose not to pick up. When do we have to decide? After the PO run, I'd assume. Does anyone know the list of who has options and who is out of contract?

10. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody usually puts one together on the MLS news board.

11. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amazing work!

13. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    What's the red highlighted salaries indicate?

15. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    Looks like Homegrown players.

Draghignazzo and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  16. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep.

17. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    So how do you tell who has a option?

Afful and McInery are on here but are at the end of the contract correct? Are there any others in there position ?
    It's always good to know which players are on the last year of their contract .

Plus there is going to be another expansion draft anyone know how that's going to work this time ?

18. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Too lazy to find it, but someone posted a comment or link that MLS is considering doing away with the expansion draft and awarding expansions more allocation money instead.

19. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I thought the post season wasn't considered for the various MLS awards? If so Giovinco has a death grip on the MVP. If they were to consider the post season, they should wait until after MLS cup is played.

21. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They really should consider the post season, after all, that shows the true contributions of the player to the team for the whole season, since the playoffs are the culmination of the season.

22. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Should, but you can see why they don't. Not everyone has equal opportunity to shine in the post-season. However, I will say this, post-season success one year may lead to some benefit of the doubt or some extra weight on the scales the next year.

If Kei has a big game and we win, he'll be the leader for the award going into the next year.

23. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Realistically, does anyone think that Giovinco wouldn't have won even if the entire MLS Playoffs were considered? He put together the most impressive season in MLS history. 77.3% of players voted for him. 94.37% of media. I don't know if a month of propaganda could've swayed that.

24. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just chafes my balls that Kei basically gets no individual recognition out of the season. There should not be a tiebreaker for Golden Boot. It should be shared if two people get the same number of goals. It is only a measurement of goals.

Robbo Crewfan repped this.