2015 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by greenlion, Nov 25, 2014.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Al Hilal played the match with 3-5-2 formation... but what formation did Al Hilal played after introduction of Nasser Al Shamrani ?...

2. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haha yeah I've said it before, for the Hilalies who are saying: "why keep 2 CBs?", well, this is kind of young defenders you have, and they aren't good/ready enough for the club's expectations.
    Nah, I disagree. Sharaheli may have made some bad decisions with the ball in the game, but I'm 100% sure he is a better overall GK than Sudairi.
    It will be very difficult to play for win or + 1-1 draw at UAE, especially without Digao and Salman Alfaraj who got a very stupid yellow card, but if Hilal can play as good as the 1st half of Lekhwiya game, while having some players back from injury like Y. Alqahtani or in better fittnes shape like Nasser Shamrani, then that can make it a bit easier.
    Since last season Hilal have been playing with a 3-men defenders, it's difficult to change that now, in a semifinal game nonetheless.
    Salman was the only defensive midfielder in Hilal, he couldn't be substituted. If you are talking about the away game then he is suspended and probably will be replaced by Kariri.

3. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I dont thought that Al Ahli have any chances against giants Al Hilal... even with Olaroiu coach (have my nationality). But after 1-1 now, I think their chances grow up .... its 50-50 now :)

4. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Cosmin knows Hilal very well which might gave him good tactical advantage. Plus Hilal have been free scoring at home, which made Ahli to defend in numbers.
    About second leg, Hilal have managed to pull off comebacks in away soil in recent times. It will be tight contest. A hard one to predict though..

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    They started with 3-6-1 but switched to 3-5-2 after Nasser introduction..

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    @Aimar 21 - Any comments on Penalty? Its already talk of the town, AFC have made a mockery of themselves plus add Hilal tooo

7. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First of all, the rule strictly says that for the ball to be out of play, it has to be wholly crossing the line, not 80%, not 90%, not 95%. I've yet to see a conclusive picture where it shows the ball completely crossing the line, here it is:

[​IMG]

It looks to me very close to the ball position in the right in this example:

[​IMG]

Besides, and again I'm stating the rules, the ball is not "out of play" until the play is stopped by the referee, so Alahli's player is 100% responsible for the penalty by picking the ball when the ref didn't signal his decision to the players, especially when the ball is that close to the line.

Secondly, the penalty was missed, so the decision didn't affect the game like the penalty which the ref didn't call for Almeida around the first 10 minutes of the match which could've changed the match completely, or the ridiculous calls which went against Hilal's favor in the whole campaign, so the AFC has been, and still a joke regardless of this match.

TheShowStealer repped this.
  8. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Gosh, till yesterday, I was wrong in thinking that the penalty was wrongly awarded... Now I am clear that it was rightly given. It was stupidity of Al Ahli's player to pickup the ball without hearing referee's whistle....

9. TheShowStealer

Jan 15, 2011
    the human eye cant identify the 1%
    so the decision was 100% wrong

10. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    anyway, even with its wrong decision Kovalenko much better than Al Ghamdi or Al Badwawi

11. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Congratulations to Al Ahli and hardluck to Al Hilal...
    Al Ahli deserved to progress to next round since they were the better performer overall both leg combined.
    Al Hilal simply choked when it mattered most i.e., only needed to hold for 5 minutes of injury time but couldn't accomplish this task and lost control after 3 minutes of injury time due to immense pressure amounted by Al Ahli...

12. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    At least Al Hilal players can now concentrate on local matches and build up for next ACL season's matches along with FIFA WC 2018 Qualifyers...

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Only thing Hilal can do. Concentrate on League only not outside. Its not there cup of tea..

14. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Lol all 7 goals between the two legs were scored by foreign players. At least 1 was Asian though.

15. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol even though all the Korean teams are out. atleast a Korean player scored today :)

16. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Arab teams are nothing without foreign players

Zandi360 repped this.
  17. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    he cost them the Cup final last year by scoring an own goal, and now he's the reason why they are in final

Arsenal "invincibles" is nothing without foreign players
    [​IMG]

we can say the same about Inter Milan 2010
    [​IMG]

18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    only differences is that England and Italy have respectable national teams. Plus their leagues dont lower the players qualities and destroy hopes of european football.

+PL+ and Diego Aguirre repped this.
  19. TheShowStealer

Jan 15, 2011
    Define "respectable"
    And how does Saudi and uae league destroy the Asian football and lower the players quality

20. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    England have respectable national team? :D

21. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    By respectable he means as in relatively better than the Saudi Arabia national team.

22. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    they pay a bunch of money which players can't ignore and are ready to give up their European dreams

Zandi360 repped this.
  23. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #448 Aimar 21, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    His reply was to the lineup of 2 clubs playing CL final, their national teams are irrelevant. Still, England being "relatively better than Saudi Arabia" doesn't make it a respectable one in the world stage, their results in the last 10 years speak for itself.

The original @Diego Aguirre post that: "Arab teams are nothing without foreign players" is a strange one. I'm sure Real Madrid and Barcelona, will be as good without Cristiano, Benzema, Bale, James, Messi, Neymar... (remember, they aren't limited to just 4 foreigners as the Asian teams). Why go there, Guangzhou doesn't rely on their expensive foreigners, right?

We are in 2015, if you can only get 4 foreigners, you better sign the good (probably expensive) players who will improve your team, otherwise what's the point if they won't make the difference?

24. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    This is a new twist, is Al Ahli likely to be disqualified for playing Moroccan player ?... if the Moroccan player was ineligible to play ?...

http://www.alhilal.com/en/news4192.html

What will AFC decide and by when?

25. antonytse

antonytse New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Hong Kong
    Why may Assaidi be ineligible?

MVP#3 repped this.