2015 AFC Asian Cup Australia -- Iran vs. Iraq QF Discussion

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Txtriathlete, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who do you think will win?

1. Iran

24 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. Iraq

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    There is no need to be a sore loser. You lost the game fairly. The referee made a mistake but Iraq were deserving in the end anyway. They had much more quality and they didn't roll around in the grass for half an hour straight like your players did. You should wipe the tears from your eyes and stop being so salty, it will help you come to terms with your loss.

HTCONEM8 repped this.
  2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    LOL what else is there than goal scoring opportunities? we already proved possession does not matter by itself.

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    As I said, you clearly don't have a clue, you still don't. Don't pretend that you do.

4. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The bottom line is that the ref is shit. But today we were the victims of his decisions. I am so proud of our team for the good fight they put in. This is what I love about us (Iranians).
    We never give up, never surrender. We fight till the end. And that's what we did today. We lost but I am not mad at our players or coach. I don't blame you for beating us. But I think the whole world saw that we put up a fantastic fight and came back to the game against all odds.
    I hope Carlos Queiroz Stays and keeps up with the good work.

Mussab86 repped this.
  5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i have no sympathy for CQ. when you play defensive you are taking a risk. i know its not his fault we got screwed but his players have bailed him out with individual skill in the past so he cannot complain now. he should be sacked. when you have better players than your opponent and you choose to defend+counterattack, that is your own choice. had we attacked and this happened, it would not have been the coaches fault. i want a coach who will play 4-2-2 with ghafouri as right back coming up for crosses, ashkan and shojaie/jahanbakhsh as attacking mids, and gucci and azmoun as strikers. we would just need to keep our defense stable (holding midfielders always ready to help defense) and we would tear asia a new one. the problem is that his replacement will be a retard on the same level as ghalenoi, which would not make any difference result wise. but at least we would get to see a more exciting, attacking game from TM.

6. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Those delicious #Persiantears. Yummy!

7. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We were playing much better before the red card. I think if the ref had just given Iraq a free goal would have been better for us than that red card. The ref killed us I know it, you know it, the whole world know it

AussiePersianKid repped this.
  8. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Who are "we" and what is the prove of "proved" ?
    Are you talking to yourself ?
    And to be honest I dont want to know. We all know that you Iranians have your own world.

9. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Split, Croatia
    Blaaah blaaaah blaaaaah, unfortunately answer that i expected. Go cry about referee in a game, that by most of Iran fans here should have been won by 5 goals. Why didn't you score 3 before the red if Iran is that good ? :cool:

aLi.W repped this.
  10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Go away kid, go play somewhere else. I'm not in the mood.

11. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    what good work? ANYBODY would be able to defend+counterattack using superior players. CQ did ONE thing for our football that was good: he has this sort of charisma that makes the players respect him, and thus he gets the most out of his players. we NEVER had this with any other coach. unfortunately, his shitty defensive, conservative approach kills this gain. CQ did nothing special result-wise in Iran. yes he qualified to world cup but that was expected. he is nothing more than the likes of ghotbi. although he is still slightly better than daie/ghalenoi.

12. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The most stupid thing anyone has ever said

AussiePersianKid, Navid1337 and Mani repped this.
  13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yes you did. No one can take this from you. You were fantastic and PKs are just about luck. It could be us, Iraqis, out.

Good luck in your upcoming matches in the WCQs :thumbsup:

14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  15. searock

searock Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Wow that's low for a professional who's only notable achievement as Iranian coach is parking the bus for 90 minutes against Argentina.

16. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not as good. Defence is not a bad thing. You must have forgotten how shitty our defence was before him. He did a great job and we all know the ref was the reason we lost

17. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    [​IMG]

get back in. shoo.

Navid1337 repped this.
  18. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In the past 4 Asian Cups (2004, 2007, 2011, 2015), Iran has suffered only 1 loss in 18 matches, that loss in overtime against S.Korea in 2011. Yet, the best we have done in these 4 tournaments was to finish 3rd in 2004, exiting the quarterfinal stage twice on penalties and losing the semifinal match in 2004 on penalties as well (playing undeservedly a man down for most of the game both in 2004 and this time around). That just sucks.

AussiePersianKid and Mani repped this.
  19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    yes but at the cost of our offense. so in the end it made no difference. and time after time he got bailed out by his players... so i cant feel sympathy for him now.

Ali(Iran) repped this.
  20. thewitness

thewitness Member

Melbourne Victory, Derby County
    Australia
    Jul 10, 2013
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Often unlucky, but maybe modern Iran lacks a killer instinct to finish off teams early or struggle under knock-out pressure. Although it's probably not useful to compare teams 11 years apart.

21. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ala abdolzahra was on Doping and that is the reason his contract with Traktor Sazi of Iran was cancelled. Iran committee of doping confirmed the news!

22. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I still believe he did a great work

23. azlc699

azlc699 New Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    not his official account

24. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    unfortunately this is AFC. nothing will happen lol. at least nothing that would make a diff to Iran.

Navid1337 repped this.
  25. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    not really. anybody can take a team with superior players, then defend+counter. he did nothing special.