(2015.01.20) AFC Asian Cup: Jordan x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jan 20, 2015.

1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nasty tackle, should've been a red

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Honda's shoulders were a little bit past Jordan's last defenders. Could have gone either way.
    I'm perplex at Aguirre's management, rotating with only 13 players and GOAL

4. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Muto assist and Kagawa finally scored!!

5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Honda hits the post again

6. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ... and Honda hitting the post!!

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    GJ.
    Honda MOM for me.

8. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ok game Kagawa is not the same guy he used to be happy for Muto really great pass. Kiyotake also disappointing for me Nagatomo a besat Honda unlucky lol

9. blueball

blueball Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    japan should have won 4-0. 2 correct goals wrongly denied by the assistant ref.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #35 leerooney, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Honda could be the goal scorer of the tournament and also the post hitman of the tournament.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #36 Dax, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    good match, I enjoyed it

Honda has already won the post league
    Inui had scored a nice goal and yes, I thought it was Shiotani too :D

Only things I didn't like were Okazaki, who worked hard as usual but his decision making was a bit oof at times, and I would also like him to stopping searching the foul every time. He did "make" Honda's goal though.
    The other one is Aguirre's management of the subs\starters, both because I hope it won't bite us in the ass, and both because there was no need to wait so much to play Muto (who delivered an assist, too) and Shibasaki.

Very happy to see Kagawa scoring (even though, ughhh that shot was pretty bad again).

12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Search for the foul? Did you see how they came crashing into the back of Okazaki's legs with no chance of getting the ball? I agree he wasn't perfect, but I'm glad Aguirre plays a striker that actually is involved in the match for more than 3 minutes and takes some shots on goal. This also frees up a spot for another midfielder (Inui set up one goal and had one wrongly disallowed), which is Japan's strong point. I hope we don't go back to playing one of the many ghosts up top if/when Aguirre is sacked.

13. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    You can like Okazaki and admit he was greedy and didn't take many good decisions today.

Dax repped this.
  14. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Grandpa Endo needs a rest

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure what you're trying to say here but as Saku said I was just pointing that he didn't show good decision making today. Searching for the foul is something he does often even in Bundesliga, it doesn't have to do with Jordan. Some were real fouls, that's clear. Some weren't and the ref didn't whistle, and we lost some good chances.
    I wouldn't be able to find a single striker to replace him currently, so no way I'd want him out. ;)

16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Okazaki was unlucky to receive a yellow card though, what a ridiculous decision. Inui's one was soft too, Irmatov pulled the trigger rather easily today.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
  18. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There was the pass for the disallowed Inui goal but other than that another disappointing outing for Kagawa with many misplaced passes, and some poor touches too. Hopefully the goal helps his confidence but that shot was right at the keeper. His club form has definitely carried over into his NT form.

19. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Do Inui and Kiyotake have some fitness problem or Aguirre just wants to split their time evenly?
    Kiyo came on very early in the second half, and he didn't even run on the last play when it looked like he could get to the ball first.

20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sub was probably planned, but Inui's bogus yellow card accelerated it. Also keep in mind that Kiyotake hasn't played for the NT since the WC and Aguirre might be using these games to take a closer look and get him acclimated.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Inui deserved his for a cynical leave the foot in foul. Okazaki one was ridiculous one I agree

22. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hah noticed it as well. What a lame approach that was

23. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Right, I forgot about the yellow.
    Either way, I have to say that Aguirre's selections and subs are the most sane I have seen from a JNT manager in a while. The whole match-fixing situation is a real shame.

24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Playing the same players, making the same substitutions, in a tournament where games are played with very short rest, I wouldn't call that very sane ... But winning makes everything look better I guess.

Dax and Radu Razvan repped this.
  25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Speaking of yellow cards, there are quite a few players that risk to miss the next match if they pick up another one, or am I wrong?