2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying VI [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by burning_phoneix, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    There will be a steam on the-afc.com

2. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is is camel love? What do you do with a camel?

3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Looks like a Wedding ceremony, doesn't it? The father giving away the bride and all. :D

4. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Shotore khoob kooniye

5. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Can we move on? There are camels in Iran and Australia too.

Is AFC going to announce whether there are 4 of 5 pots, or is it announced during the draw?

After seeing today's ACL games, I'm convinced this round will be very close between these 10 teams

6. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    My preferred draw

Australia (thats us)
    Iran - Haven't played them since returning to Asia and we have played Japan in last WCQ and both Asian Cups. I think japan is slightly stronger at the moment but this is not the reason I hope for Iran. The difference between the two is not large enough to create an advantage.
    Uzbekistan - They talk the talk but seem to soil their pants when they play Australian teams at senior level. May as well play them whilst that still holds. Iraq, on the other hand, really believe they can beat us and always put on a good effort against us.
    Qatar - Same as Uzbekistan. Their senior team seems to freeze when they play us and we may as well keep the psychological edge while it lasts. One day they may believe they can beat us, but there is no evidence of it yet.
    Lebanon - We missed playing them in the Asian Cup qualifiers through no fault of theirs and there are lots of Australians of Lebanese origin who would love to see their old country play.

7. amrizzle

amrizzle Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Footballistan
  8. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really hoping that Qatar & Iraq don't get drawn together as Iraq are playing their home games in Doha (right?). That way I'll get to see all the teams play here! :D

Well I don't know if I'd go to all the games but will be nice to pick and choose.

9. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

that is just whack. Australia is not the top seed and we are not ranked above Japan.

It should be Japan, Korea, Australia, Iran...everything below Japan is more or less equal that being the case particularly for Australia and Korea. Iran truthfully would have to be considered the weakest out of the 4 and I don't think many would argue against this.

Anyways, heres to a good draw.

10. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    That sums up FIFA rankings sometimes, however they have to use something.

11. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I agree
    we lack professionalism and there is too much govt interference in our football. We always make up for these things with talent, but that makes us inconsistent.

12. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I haven't seen much of Japan but they lost to Uzbeckistan, no? But based on "history", I will say Japan, Australia, Korea and Iran. I think Iran would take 2 points from Korea.

13. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We definitely have the most talent in Asia.

14. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I actually think the rankings are good within each confederation. The overall rankings (across confeds) are messed up though. Some of it isn't FIFA's fault. Obviously different tournaments are at diff times of the year in each confederation.

15. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Since you brought it up; Japan has always given me the least amount of worry out of any top Asian team. Maybe because we barely ever play them, but when we do, we usually get a good result. Korea is much scarier to me and we always have trouble with Persian Gulf countries.

16. JLSA

JLSA Member

Nov 11, 2003
    FFA has more draw information.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au...-qantas-socceroos--fifa-world-cup-draw-/46015

5 pots of 2.

Pot 2 goes first (jpn/irn). JPN goes into position 5 of its group and Iran in position 2. (for match order purposes only).

Pots 5 the 4 and then 3 follow in order with each team drawn placed in the lowest open position in their group. (5-4-3 for Iran's group or 4-3-2 for Japan's)

Pot 1 will be last with AUS and KOR going into one of A1 or B1.

Pretty simple, but obviously marginally different to last time.

J

17. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan gives me the most amount of worry. As you said, we rarely play them. I have always wondered why we have trouble with much worse Persian Gulf countries.....

18. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You can't honestly say that otherwise you'd be at the top of the heap. I mean you can but Id think you're pretty biased. I can say Korea was probably hyped in terms talent. We are on the precipice and it doesn't look good. Our active internationals are sitting on the bench or injured.

I think Japan has the best talent at the moment. But they're flimsy so we'll see.

But like I said earlier the differences between the top 4 are small and anyone can beat anyone. Thats how I honestly see it now.

19. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. LABOO

LABOO Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Judging by success in Europe, Japan is slightly better than the rest of AFC in terms of individual quality. Kagawa is a much better player than Ashkan Dejagah in the Bundesliga.

They are a different animal with Honda in the side and they missed him badly during the qualification. Their style relies too much on his physical presence and play-making skills.

21. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    definitely not :rolleyes:

22. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, corruption in our federation is widesperead. Korea has always produced a talent lineup but Park Ji-Sung has retired and that's a good thing for opponents of Korea. While you have potential, the replacement for Park Ji=Sung will be difficult. It was after all Park Ji Sung that prevented us from going to the World Cup in 2010.

23. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    any link to watch d draw? afc's link is not working 4 me.

24. Matilda Maniac

Matilda Maniac Big Soccer Memebr

Sep 21, 2006
    Perth
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    try again right on 400. i have same problem.

25. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    yeah thanks, now it is working, beautiful Jey is speaking:p