2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying IV [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Regardless of whether Saudi makes it getting rid of Rijkaard is both a mistake and inevitable! Saudi FF has a similar policy to Iranian media/fans. If a coach is not delivering results immediately, regardless of any actual reason for it, get rid of the coach. It's silly and counter productive but it will happen.

2. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I think they might not actually fire Rijkaard. One of the reported reasons that they left hiring a coach until such a late time was due to many coaches declining to work for the Saudi NT because of the bad reputation they got from firing so many coaches.

Of course, I can't confirm it but it does seem to be a plausible reason.

3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    well you never know. if florentino kept mourinho after not winning the triple, then there is actually a chance that saudis will keep worried faced curly hair guy.

4. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    I think these teams have more chances to qualify to the final round (in bold r already qualified) with their possible spots according to their rankings:

Japan
    Australia

South Korea
    Iran

Uzbekistan
    Iraq

Jordan
    Lebanon

Oman
    Qatar

Very hard to predict the group D, but I stayed for Oman, and it really will be a big surprice when Saudia can not qualify. What do u think?

5. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I actually predict that Saudi Arabia will make it through to the next round. They will loose to Australia away. But both Thailand and Oman are going to need the win in order to qualify. I think Oman-Thailand clash will end in a hard fought draw which means Saudi would progress (given their comfortable lead in goal difference)

As to the rest I agree with you. I dont see Kuwait pulling an upset in Seol against South Korea. Even though they have nothing to loose,but everything to win, I dont see it happening.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    from your post, i could faintly hear the voice of pomkiat reciting the following:
    *above me buffalo called himself gigolo*

7. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think its a 50/50 on matchday. Saudi most likely will lose, but either Thailand or Oman has a shot at winning it

Because the game is in Oman, I think Thailand is bound to have trouble. I think Oman will win the game 2-0. The scenario would be an early goal in the game and for the rest of the game, it is really tight due to Oman trying to preserve the lead. Thailand maintains ball control during the second half to even it up, but eventually they commit too many and Oman finishes with a counter attack.

Without Saudi in the next round, the final round is as open as anyone can possibly imagine it to be

For Kuwait's situation, It isn't impossible for them to beat Korea since I think for now they are coachless, but it would mean that they have to be all attack because Korea would be fine with a draw.

8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Kuwait is traditionally South Korea's "black cat", they've beaten South Korea several times. But beating South Korea on their home turf is another story. Kuwait will need a miracle to do that.

9. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007

555555555555 hey guy don't forgot Thailand We ever crash Oman 3: 0

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on man, have some faith, thinking Thailand are going to lose is one thing, but do you really think they will "crash" 3-0? ;)

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You misunderstood him, I think he was saying because Thailand defeated or "crashed" Oman 3-0 in the past, they will win again and thus advance to the next round.

But granted, pomkiatisukese is a complicated language :p:D

12. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Hey myfriends

many myfriends're thinking Oman have advantage because they play inhome
    and thailand have poor statistic when play awaygames ... but we have time to prepare time to improve and we have friendly match with SouthKorea Norway and Denmark in Kingcup2012 tournament after that We will strong and confident to beat Oman againt .. Normally Thailand and Oman hard to predict the winner but after we crash them inhome 3:0 We confident we can do it 1 goals for us not hard to happen looking forwardto.....

Oman and Thaland we play for win draw result not happen assure ....
    last fifa WCQ 2010 Thailand lose to Oman inhome 0:1 lose in awaygame 1:2

So this is the best chance to retort Them

look this clip [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTngw7AoQ5I"]‫??????? 3-0 ???? ?????? ??? ?????? Thailand 3-0 Oman qualifiers 2014‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

13. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007
    cause Thailand lose to Sau and Australia because We lack important players

Teerasil Dangda 2 goals , Sompong 1goal in thistournament

14. allan123

allan123 Red Card

Aug 4, 2005
    My predictions for the last games

australia 1 vs saudi arabia 0

oman 2 vs thailand 0:d

15. pomkiatisuk

pomkiatisuk Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Ok australia and Oman go to next rounds

16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol - I as being sarcastic mate.... that's why the winkeye! ;)

17. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oh I see, my mistake. Should have spotted that lol :)

18. allan123

allan123 Red Card

Aug 4, 2005
    sorry for you, but yes.

19. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    That would explain my lack of interest in football, these days. :p

I also cant see it happening. We were ‘finished’ right from the night we lost to Lebanon, in our own backyard.

20. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well...at the end of the day it is 11 against 11 and, if you pardon the cliche, anything can happen. Especially when Kuwait knows they are going to need three points for survival, so they have all the motivation. There is also some uncertainty surrounding the korean national team with the head coach being fired. Whoever takes the reign will have some pressure, seeing as how there is the theoretical chance they'd face elimination but to what extent that would the mentality of the players come match day, I dont know. I still predict a comfortable win for Korea, but you never know.

21. Irakien

Irakien Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Below thinks Thailand comodo will make Oman goal loveboy.

22. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Can somebody which teams from Asia are qualified?

23. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
  24. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ugh... you mean the wc that's like 3 years away... they haven't even made the final round of qualifying yet... it's still the semifinal round.

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    your sig :rolleyes: