2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying III [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Txtriathlete, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    In N. Korea all cell-phones, notebooks and cameras of our players, delegation members and a journalist were taken at the airport when they arrived and then given back when they flied back to Uzbekistan. I wonder if the same happens with Japan?

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is standard precedure for treating foreigners in N.Korea, I'd surprised if they even let them out of the hotel.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that Iran will probably qualify but I don't think it is going to be "easy" by any means, for anyone for that matter. How will the seeding be done. I assume Aus + Japan will be in the first seeded pot but Would Iran be in the second seeded pot with S.Korea or the 3rd pot? Could find themselves in a group with Australia, S.Korea, Iraq + Uzbekistan or something like that if it was the 3rd pot... wouldn't be a walk in the park for anyone in a group like that.

4. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran will avoid SK.
    SK is the only team I fear in Asia. This Iranian team is the best one we've had in the past 15 years IMO. Even better then the 98 team.

I agree with Mani. We can easily make the WC this time.

Edit: No need for that, Nimaa
    [​IMG]

5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I've never said Iran won't qualify, so why would I want to bet?

I just can't see how you guys feel so confident of walking it. Only a couple of months ago you drew away to Qatar. If your going to walk it, your telling me that your going to get maximum points away from home on nearly every occasion, but in the last year you have played 12 games away and lost 3, drawn 2. Thats hardly walking it form.

6. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I'm not sure. Bahrain is a team in turmoil right now. A few more impressive results against Qatar and Indonesia will have me convinced.

7. kolbee

kolbee Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Beating 10-man Bahrain 6-0 is not a big deal nowadays. Bahrain finished their golden era and some key players are in jail now. I still rate Uzbekistan over Iran. Iran is number 5.

8. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There were many Saudis who believe that Saudi Arabia is CURRENTLY on the same level as Iran currently. There has been a SIGNFICANT reduction in Saudi Arabia's level of play (and overall Arab teams). And while our talent has reduced since its apex with Daie, Bagheri, Azizi, etc...our ability as a team has improved under our new Portugese manager.

9. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    oct 2011 eh?
    sah is that you? What are you up to these days?
    still a plastic fan?

10. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Management matters here, people can get too cyclical with 'golden generation' theories - if you've got a league and your youth development isn't hopeless you will be generating decent players and a good manager will get those guys to play. Australia probably won't see a pure talent like Kewell or Viduka for a while but when our manager is getting the team to work as well as currently it's not keeping anyone up at night.

11. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Exactly. And that's what makes the current Iran team different from the past teams. A world-class coach like Carlos Queiroz who knows what he is doing. For the first time in recent memory, the Team Melli is actually greater unit than the sum of its parts, not the opposite, as it used to be.

People who say beating Bahrain 6-0 is not a "big deal", have not watched the match. Bahrain did not play bad, Iran played super, and that's what Peter Taylor said after the match too. Bahrain is one of the better Asian sides, they eliminated Saudi Arabia from WCQ last year, gave a hard time to Australia, and South Korea this year in the Asian Cup, and had tied and beaten Qatar and Indonesia just last month.

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't think the overall Arab level has fallen. Perhaps only Oman, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia.

Kuwait have been improving in recent times and Jordan and Syria have been making great strides forward.

13. hoos

hoos Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Australia
    Furthermore, I predict that any WC group containing Iran will be the Group of Death.

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Those away matches included a match against Brazil!

Iran's results before Queiroz took over are irrelevant anyways. We are talking a new team, under a new manager. Queiroz's Iran has played 7 matches since he took over 6 months ago, winning 6 matches, drawing 1 match, without loosing a single match, while scoring 23 goals and conceding only one goal!

If that's not an impressive record to you, then there is no point arguing with you. Not long ago, you were insisting that Saudi Arabia is on the same level as Iran, I hope you at least realize now, that that was a load of ___ .

15. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Oh sorry Mani for using a game against Brazil in my facts, guess it's better than making things up. So your including games against the Maldives, Madagascar and Palestine then?

So, you've played two games away from home, against Maldives and Qatar and scored 2. You scored 21 at home. So, does this show you how different you are as a team depending where you play?

I don't know how I can compare you and Saudi Arabia since your not in the same group. I also don't know how you guys can say that Saudi Arabia are not doing well but then also tell me that Thailand are on the rise. If one team is one the rise, then yes, of course another team in that group will be on the fall.

Your top seeds in your group and your top, well done.

Saudi Arabia aren't top seeds in there group and there not top. Well done

What does all this scientific stuff tell us? Of course you should qualify. Your seeded. Will you qualify from the next round. You will be in Pot 2. Pot 1 will be Japan and Australia. You join South Korea in Pot 2. Pot 3 will likely feature Uzbekistan and Qatar.

Last time you struggled against teams in Pot's lower than you in the final rounds, yet this time you tell us it will be all different, and this is before any draw has ever been made. Thats very over confidence. Do you never think that your doing great now and at some point will hit a sticky patch like most teams do. Or are you just going to go scoring 7 and 6 every time against teams that have never made the World Cup? It's different against teams who have been there and done it.

16. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It seems like you like to argue for the sake arguing. Even a blind man can see that Iran is doing very well. The opposition Iran has faced is similar to the opposition the other Asian teams have been facing, but Iran has been getting better results. Australia narrowly defeated Thailand 2-1 at home, South Korea narrowly defeated UAE 2-1 at home, while Iran demolished Bahrain 6-0 at home, a Bahrain team that's seeded 5th in Asia, and is a much more respected side than Thailand or UAE. Like it or not, Iran has the single most impressive result of the WCQs, period. Any neutral observer will tell you that the most impressive teams in the Asian WCQs, have been Iran and Jordan. We're talking about current from here, and Iran is head and shoulders above Saudi Arabia, even the Saudis will acknowledge that now. But you, somehow, keep talking about past and future, to form judgment on what's happening now, and cast doubts on Iran's form. You know what though, keep doing that, because at the end of the day, you will be the one looking like a fool, when Iran comfortably qualifies to the World Cup, and Saudi Arabia gets eliminated if not this round, then the next round.

17. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With the exception of Jordan, no other Arab side has wowed me. Saudi Arabia and Bahrain have been the traditional Arab dominant sides. I do agree that Jordan has been making very great strides forward.

Well Syria is currently a Persian province currently.

18. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Bahrain? They've never been traditionally any sort of powerhouse. Iraq and Kuwait have a much better pedigree.

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes, Bahrain, the team that narrowly missed the 2006 and 2010 World Cups in the play-offs, due to the away goal rule, when Iraq and Kuwait did not even make it the final round of the WCQs. The same Bahrain that broke millions of Saudi hearts not so long ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1nMBPPum-M"]Dynamic of football : Saudi Arabia 2-2 Bahrain (Last 4mins) - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, that Bahrain was humiliated in Iran, suffering their biggest defeat in modern history at the hands of Team Melli warriors. Let that be a warring to you guys, because you will be next. If I were a Saudi fan, I'd pray getting eliminated this round, so I'd not have to face Team Melli in the next round. Because this Iran team means business, Carlos Queiroz is like a hungry and vicious Persian lion looking for preys in the Arabian desert.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlF808kQSV0"] - YouTube[/ame]

20. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    dumbest comment in the history of BS
    and you're a mod lmao

any person with an ounce of logic will tell you that Bahrain has been head and shoulders above Kuwait in the past decade
    they were in the play offs twice and narrowly missed the WC

21. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    emmm... Guys I dont want to be sound rude or anything but to be honest I had so many conversations about football this year, maybe the most in my life, and I had the chance to argue with not only Arab but with Asians and Europeans too. But I'm sorry to say that no one mentioned Iran in any level, same thing to Bahrain... in matter of fact I barley remember anything special from Bahrain. yeah yeah they reached the play off in the world cup qualification but didn't we all agree that they were lucky and they were suck in all mean? these words came from your own mouths. So whats the big deal about beating a 10 men average team?

6-0 is a big win yeah, But a walk in the park? I don't think so. We will know everything when Iran face stronger teams.

22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    If we go by achievements Kuwait is the upper shoulder slightly. As I remember Bahrain never won any trophy while Kuwait recently won West Asia and the Gulf Cup. as for the WC qualifications, both failed to qualify to the world cup and that is what matters.

23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    hmm...
    lmao
    you're talking as if we're a bunch of new comers. Check the head to head against your so called power houses. Apart from South Korea, Iran has a better head to head againt them all (even with Korea we're tied).

The big deal is that Iran was never this convincing before. None of you have watched the matches we've played over the past months. The reason we're so happy is that we're confident that we can beat even your so called power houses in the next round. This same Bahrain team has been to the play offs twice but had one shot against Iran the entire match. That has nothing to do with the red card.

24. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well not an expert on Bahraini football or anything like that but they did reach the WC playoffs twice in a row, and were a goal away from making the WC on both occasions, plus reached the Asian Cup semis in 2004, add to that they made the final WC stage in 2002 WC qualifiers, so there's gotta be a little more than luck to it if u ask me. But given the timeline, something tells me that that team may be getting on a little and it's probably difficult for a country like Bahrain to keep producing teams like that. Oman also seem to be in a similar predicament. Shame Bahrain didn't make the WC when they had the chance as they probably won't get that close anytime in the near future.

25. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    two tounaments that even you arabs don't give a shit about
    barely any of you send your A teams to the Persian Gulf cup and the west Asia cup is a joke. Neither of them are sanctioned by FIFA.

woopde ********ing dooooo

Bahrain narrowly missed the WC twice and eliminated teams like Iran and KSA in the past decade from the qualifications. Come back when Kuwait does this.