2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by jonny63, Apr 26, 2011.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Fifa should NEVER EVER accept that

2. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
    Were Jack still around he could have given them a "loan"

3. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    take a look at the stadium of the Dom Rep, most PDL teams come up with something better

5. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Ok Bahamas is out ( I still don´t understand, they can play in the same stadium where they won against Turks and Caicos).

I think FIFA must aply the same rule they took with Syria. They were replace by Tayikistan.

So , I think Turcs and Caicos has the right to qualify for the next round , replacing Bahamas , and play against Panama , Nicaragua and Dominica

6. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But since they lost 0:10 to Bahamas over two legs, would they want to participate in the next round?

7. jagum

jagum Member

CF Montreal
    Venezuela
    Jun 20, 2007
    Panama City, Panama
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    It is a good point.........

anyway is there a rule about it ? in FIFA or CONCACAF? if a team withdrew form WC , can or cannot that spot be replaced ? In AFC as we all know Tayikistan replaces Syria.....

or there is a difference between a team that simply withdrew ( Bahamas) from other that was disqualified ( Syria) ? to be replaced for another team?

CONCACAF can invite Turcs and Caicos...if they don ´t want , then invite Aruba !!!!

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I don't think it matters.. I think CONCACAF already know no team in this group has a shot to progress...

9. bartecky

bartecky Member

Jun 6, 2009
    New York, USA
    Club:
    KP Legia Warszawa
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I think CONCACAF should at least ask if somebody would like to take Bahamas place. I'm pretty sure some of the teams would agree to play. At least they should ask the highest ranked teams.
    Bahamas should be banned from next WC qualifications. It is not fair to take somebody's place. They knew they are late with the stadium long time ago...

10. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I wonder what the players are saying?

If they are commited to their team and country, I would expect them to take some kind of action...

11. JYDA

JYDA Member

Sep 10, 2003
  12. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Curazao last week lost twice 1-0 to the Dom Rep

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Game just ended. Antigua and st vincent just tied 2 to 2 for their 2nd friendly this weekend.

14. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Were you at the match? If so, can you give a brief report on how it went?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    I wasn't but my friend was. She said antigua needs to improve in order to win against curacao on friday. I also heard that the players from england will arrive in antigua tomorrow. Who knows if they will improve the squad. Dublin and jamie thomas scored from antigua. That's all I really heard. Games this weekend were also poorly attended. Hopefully a large crowd will come out on friday for home support. But right now curacao looks to be the better side for friday in antigua.

16. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thanks for that. To be honest, I don't think all of the England-based players mentioned in that article will turn up though. Probably Leigertwood, Marvin McCoy, and Marc Joseph will, Murtagh is injured, and I haven't heard anything about the others, none of who have been capped before. Not sure why Josh Parker isn't playing either. I believe US-based Peter Byers is already there and played tonight.

17. JYDA

JYDA Member

Sep 10, 2003
    No. The overseas players are arriving sunday and monday. The team will be unrecognizable from the team that lost to DR

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Cool. Is this the same players that played in the past as "netherland antilles" also is the new team looking strong? Since they only have a few days to train together?

19. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Most of the guys did play for the Netherlands Antilles, the only new ones are the Martinas and a couple of others. A notable omission is Shelton Martis who played in the Premier League with West Brom and is now in the Championship wtih Doncaster. Can't say how the team is looking but I'd say it should be a close match. The team hasn't had so many of its professionals and semi-pros since the last round of WC Qualifiers so its hard to say how they'll be.

20. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Good I'm looking forward to the games this friday from concacaf. Friendlies and qualifiers. Will any of the caribbean games be televised on the internet?

21. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm sure Jamaica vs Ecuador and Colombia will be available somewhere. As for the qualifiers, its usually a crap shoot. Generally any matches played in Central America and Canada should be available live (games from Belize and Nicaragua can be hard to find though). Games from T&T are sometimes available live though usually on a few hours' delay. With all of these countries theres a chance you could get a feed for an away match but usually not likely. Then there are matches played in Antigua, Barbados, Curacao, Guyana, Haiti, Saint Kitts, and Suriname, which you could get lucky and find a stream for. All of the other countries I don't think I know of any channels broadcasting online or they just don't show matches. I actually heard DirecTV is bringing a couple of games live on TV for like a $25 fee as well.

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Canada vs. St. Lucia on GOLTv.

23. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    ST JOHN’S, Antigua – Antigua & Barbuda had to come from behind on two occasions to salvage a 2-2 draw with St Vincent & the Grenadines (SVG) in the second of two friendly matches at the Sticky Wicket Stadium on Sunday.
    Captain and defender George “Sowa” Dublin scored on the stroke of half time to draw Antigua & Barbuda level after Reginald Richardson had given the visitors the lead midway through the half.
    Substitute striker Jamie Thomas brought the home team back on level terms once more in the dying stages of the contest after Shandell Samuel had restored SVG’s lead early in the second half.
    Playing in front of a modest but vocal crowd, the home squad started well and should have scored early in the contest.
    Midfielder Kimoi Alexander came closest in the first 15 minutes when his powerful drive from about 30 yards out struck the upright.
    The visitors took the advantage minutes later when Richardson headed home from the edge of the six yards box. Dublin levelled the playing field in the 45th minute when his header from a corner kick found the back of the net.
    But just 10 minutes into the second half SVG were back in front. Samuel beat goalkeeper Javid Joseph from the penalty spot after the Antiguan custodian had brought down the advancing Myron Samuel inside the area.
    It appeared that all hope was lost when Thomas, who had just been introduced into the game, bicycled a Brian “Chad” Edwards’ free-kick onto the body of a defender before watching the ball take a deflection into the back of the net to draw Antigua level once more.
    Antigua & Barbuda had won Friday’s fixture 1-0 via a Kerry “Arab” Skepple first half strike.
    The senior national team will open their 2014 World Cup Qualifying campaign on Friday when they host Curacao at Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Grounds starting at 7 pm.