[2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers] Korea vs Iran 2012/10/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    not making a big deal of it at all. i actually could care less about the match itself. we dominated the majority of the match but didnt win. i accept this fact. sometimes you have games where you keep hitting the posts. but dont come here talking about even when your teams flopping around holding on for dear life for 20mins.

my point still stands. since your not worried about it think of it this way. final match you face us at home while the uzbeks have qatar at home. if you need more than a draw your essentially fcked. we have only lost once at home in 3 world cup qualifying cycles and the match we lost was one after we already qualified for 06.

2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    how did you dominate? with a mans advantage you did not create any threats. your best chance of the game came from a random corner.

dont worry. you talked a lot of this before the game too but then we won lol. see you at the world cup.

3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    we hit the post almost as many times as you had shots on goal. it was never even close after the first 15min of the match. and its really difficult to get an offensive rhythm going when the other team keeps stopping play for 2min at a time due to "injuries." our lack of killer instinct in front of goal doesnt negate your ineffective strategy of give it to our imports and hope they score.

if you make it this time perhaps. i predict the table to be Korea 14pts Iran 12pts Uzbeks 9pts Qatar 9pts Lebanon 4pts going into the last match.

4. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It seems that balls win over skill this time. Mental weakness if you can't get at least a draw when you are up a man almost entire 2nd half. Play like this and Korea won't even make it out of group stage of WC.

5. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lmao... Koreans
    the head to head is in our favour and you say it's not often that we beat you? lol wut?

How many decades has it been since you guys beat us in regulation time? hm...

6. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=073&article_id=0002182577

Wow, this is just speechless....

7. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    More in-depth report here,

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=208&article_id=0000000578

8. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    you say that as if wins in extra time somehow mean less. a win is a win. 3 of 4 asian cups we have knocked you out. since 2000 record is 5-3-4 and that includes the win from the other day.

9. KingKenny1967

KingKenny1967 Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You don't get it. Korean players and coaches said about TRAINING PITCH CONDITION, not about Accommodation.

10. Coach Hong

Coach Hong Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Canberra
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    IRANIANS. EVEN MORE DELUSIONAL THAN KOREANS.

11. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One loss guys, move along.

12. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    One loss guys, move along.

13. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Because of your garbage.

14. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

we might've had an upper hand on Iran for the majority of the game, but if you cant finish it doesnt mean squat. they mightve pulled off some questionable tactics (grassrolling) but a win is a win. Nekounam still has some quality left, wish he stayed in Europe

also..

its funny how a few people are calling out for CKH's head after this loss. those same people wouldve been praising him as a tactical genius if we pulled off a tough win at Azadi. we still have a chance to top the group and we always manage to get through at those do or die moments. 대한민국 파이팅!

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Holy Shit. Everytime I log into BSK, my advert banners are all of "Find your Persian Princess" and other annoying Iranian themed things.

For the love of Jehovah, God, Allah, etc., I hope Iran falls flat on its face and fails to qualify for the WC yet again so these Iranians can stop annoying us.

EvilTree and LDG20 repped this.
  16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Um... no.

17. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Seems unlikely since he doesn't change his tactics when things aren't working. One dimensional play.

18. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Also, I doubt we should fire him mostly because who would want to be hired into such a disaster zone of an FA if they did so?

But doesn't change the fact that he's done a pretty poor job so far.

19. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    while it wasn't esthetically pleasing I would have much bigger issues with CKH if we were outplayed. also not having Koo the past 2 matches has not been any help either.

20. stephanopolis

stephanopolis New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I agree he should go, but you certainly can't call him poor based on his record as KNT coach. He's been pretty fair in that regard.

21. stephanopolis

stephanopolis New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Thats always a poor excuse from a fan. Its more wishful thinking. How could you possibly know what the players are thinking when you're watching from the comforts of your own home? Better to just admit defeat on this one than to search for answers like this. We will get them in Seoul. And the next time they 'forget' their equipment, we will deny them balls and training pylons. LOL

Chingoo repped this.
  22. stephanopolis

stephanopolis New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The Iranians won but their grass rolling and time wasting showed that they are the ones who actually fear Korea.

Any team that resorts to these tactics are failures in that regard. Its ironic though that the Iranians, like this Mani, enjoy calling out the Bahrainians or Saudis for such antics but when they play us they are the ones resorting to this crap.

Take pride in your win Iran. :ROFLMAO:

23. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    He's going anyway but it won't be because of his record and more about how the team plays.
    Sorry, conceding against 10 men is unacceptable in my book. 1 point out of a possible 6, uh-uh.
    Granted both are tough opponents away but certainly winnable matches in which we are the favorites.

24. stephanopolis

stephanopolis New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    And yet it (conceding a loss in this case) happens all the time. Great teams lose to not so great teams all the time. You're letting these Iranians get in your head with this 'we won THIS game so we are better than you crap.' Clearly Iran is in a state of decline. I can't believe the dude who looks like Frankenstein is still playing (Kurumi? Crummy?). The helicopter guy probably won't even be available for the WC should they even qualify. And then there was the grass rolling that went on.

They took us down in Iran in a hostile man stew environment. They are tough to beat. But they are losers in the end.

What matters is that we qualify. Not this silly 'rivalry.'

25. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Don't care what happens to other teams and you can qualify by being better than the other dregs in your group, that doesn't mean you're a good team.