2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Jul 29, 2011.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Match is about to kick-off now ...

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Can any one tell me how was the match and the starting lineup with substitution made?

3. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

I thought drugs were illegal in the kingdom, seems not.
    worst team in the Asian Cup, nothing impressive since, failed to qualify for the WC and hovering around 100 in the FIFA rankings but you guys come out with such statements.

Look at the predictions thread. Almost everybody predicted either a tie or a loss for KSA today and the end result was 0-0. You guys are delusional.

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Due to lack of friendly matches (none) played by KSA so, the match was dull.
    Saudi was under pressure in the opening & ending stages of the game.
    Yasser only had one good chance in the game while Hassan Mouath hit the post in the first half. Nasser Shamrani was not influential in the entire game while Naif Hazzazi didn't influence much as well.

Ahmed Al Fraidy should have done some magic in the field if he would have had been playing. Abdul Aziz Al Dowsary had a good game.

Hamad Al Muntashari didn't impress much.

5. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    Why do i feel Like rijakrad is just here for the show? You know just to let people know they got a good coach and then its all club politics again..Nothing is gonna happen here..Maybe qualify in the 4 round maybe the world cup...

But this team is dull and coaching change would never treat the core problem of this team..

but i guess its is hopeless to fix the real problem, but even with that...i hope the players can pull it thru

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I never knew that Iranians were blind.Look clearly it is on paper not on the performance.

7. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The problem was Rijkaard did not knew the players mentallity very well.He started off with a big match so he could not get enough look about of the team.As Hammad said the lack of friendlies plus pre-season tranining affected the team.
    Secondly I think the Nasser-Yasser partnership never works.Both the jealous of each other and if one plays other sit back and vice versa.The coach needs to work on that and find a suitable solution.

8. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Even on paper the Aussies are better, They have Tim Cahill, Brett Holman, mark Shawrzer and Lucas Neil amongst others who have played for Big European teams and succeeded.

9. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    There's something wrong in the world when the likes of Lucas Neil are touted as great players.

I personally don't think that Australia is blessed with a particularly gifted set of players. But what they do possess is a high level of prefessionalism, work ethic and competitive mentality. In an age when team sports are more about athleticism than skill that's what you need most.

1 person likes this.
  10. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep. The archetypal Aussie player is versatile, industrious and fearless. We're not clods with the ball but we don't produce many finishers or schemers.

11. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Well, Lucas Neil is a centre back. They don't need to do crazy dribbles and trick shots back there.

12. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    For the Aussie match-
    1-Try to block crosses from any side as the aussie players are quite taller and physically more fit to easily beat our defencers
    2-Replace Hassan Otaibi with Waleed Abdullah who can clear the ball well in corner kicks and jump on the players before they head it.
    3-Take Hazazi-Nasser or only Nasser or Yasser in the strike.
    4-Go for an early lead and keep the pressure.

13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I dont know whats making to have Hassan Otaibi replacing Waleed Abdullah and also giving him the captain band.Thats redicolous and shitty politics played by the FA.

14. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Why is Mutaz Al Musa doing there as well? I hope Shuhail heals up quickly since Zori is a liability in defense.

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Mutaz has no sense playing under pressure situation and always passes wrongly when fast movement of play is required. I don't know who can take a courageous Mid-fild role in KSA team as even Abdouh Autef or Ahmed Al Fraidy are not be seen playing in this team thus far. Abdouh Autef is not even shortlisted for playing in the team.

16. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Whatever Saudi Arabia do, either hook or by crook, Saudi should take maximum 3 points in all their home games by winnnnnning the home games ...

One of the reasons that Saudi failed to qualify in World Cup 2010 is that Saudi managed to get only 2 points out of max. 9 in home game while winning 0 home games ... which is an irony as King Fahad Stadium in Riyadh was once considered to be undefeatable fort in the desert ...

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

I have a feeling that Yasser and Al Fraidi (if he plays) are going to be the key of the match ...

Anyhow, even though some Saudi players didn't impress much against Oman in the 1st match, but must admire that the tactics of Frank Rijkkard of playing 4-3-3 did bear dividends as Saudi got a valuable 1 point in the "Away" fixture ...

Similarly, Frank Rijkkard should play similar formation of 4-3-3 in the home match against Australia as it is a neat attacking formation for the Saudi Team and Saudi Arabia should be able to bag all 3 points in this fixture. It will also be an addvantage if Rijkaard plays Al Fraidi in place of Mutaz Al Musa ... while also playing Nasser, Yasser & Hazzazi upfront ...

I think Fraidi and Taysser can have good partnership in the mid-field ...

18. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    why not play with 4-6-0 ?

since we got lazy and spoiled strikers ... anyway abdulaziz aldosri will not play 2moro .

nawaf al abed should replace him .

19. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I thought Abdulaziz Al Dosari did well in the last match. But if we're going to be playing 4-3-3 then we need better strikers, Yasser has to go.

20. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Yasser or Nasser should be supported by Nawaf Abed and Shalhoub with Tayseer acting as CMF if playing with 4-3-3 formation.

21. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    i think he is injured

22. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Starting line up for KSA-
    Hassan Otaibi
    Nawaf Abed
    Tayseer Jasem
    Rashed Raheeb
    Naif Hazazi
    Nawaf Abed
    Abdullah Zori
    Hassan Muath
    Osamah Hawsawi
    Hamad Monhtashri
    Saud Kariri
    Ahmed Autef

23. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Two Nawaf Abeds?

24. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    any links?

25. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi players no match to Aussie players in physical built.