2014 FIFA WORLD CUP (EA Sports)

Discussion in 'Games' started by HomietheClown, Feb 8, 2014.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That online Roster bug is one of the major down sides to the game that is for sure. Since we are on the topic...
    ...Other major bugs in the game that get on my nerves online:

1) Sometimes the game fails after a couple of substitutions in the middle of the match and makes you go back to the main menu (as if the games were not played). There have been at least 4 matches where I have been in the lead and this bug has occurred. Frustrating to say the least. Especially since it has only happened to me about once when I was losing lol.

2)A couple times I have finished second in the Group online and failed to make it to the next round because I lost in the third match. IT is the strangest thing.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I lost a match 3-2 in the group stage and it did not record any of my goals on the chart so my goal differential was -3 which could have played an impact whether or not I advance.

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And a minor thing to complain about... .
    ...In the Online Final today I played against Brazil and there was a Brazilian Referee. :eek::rolleyes:

No wonder I lost 4-0. :p

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    World Cup Rosters have been updated.:thumbsup:

5. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    The game is very bug ridden, not to mention the commentary is wrong alot of the time. Also the squads for any of the non-major teams have alot of issues.
    Really disappointing game. I've contacted them, posted on their official forums,... but they don't care at all.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    For all the bugs it is still the most fun I have had playing a video game in 4 years.

7. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This game is both fun and annoying. I've played several matches now against Brazil and Germany where I've been winning with less than 5 minutes left in the match. Several times now the connection has magically ''failed'' despite the connection being great all game long. Offline is fun since teams play differently. Online almost everyone has the same style. High pressure tactics combined with long ball abuse. It seems like players have no weight in this game since whenever I get tackled my guys fly 50 feet in the air. It's a crazy game but it's fun in an arcade cheap kind of way.

Hopefully they fix the online bug with the roster subs. That sh!t is annoying!

8. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    #108 baseballbert, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    FIFA WC 2010 was my first soccer game. I liked it to the point of picking up 2014.

I'm new to the soccer world, so to me the game is awesome

9. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

10. theblake30

theblake30 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    This pretty much sums up the game for me. There are times where I absolutely love it, and there are times where it's a chore to play given some of the issues.

ihatewaiting4years repped this.
  11. ioppolo

ioppolo Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Who else just skips the friendlies in qualifier mode?

12. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I only play them if it's an interesting opponent. I don't have much interest in beating the Faroe Islands 31-0.

13. theblake30

theblake30 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Yeah I do the same. It's much more interesting to play a worthy opponent than it is to thrash some team by 10 goals or more.

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Online play has gone down the tubes lately.

Seems like most guys on here act like 5 year olds. This is not an exaggeration... ...Nine times out of ten my opponent "rage quits" as soon as I score a goal or go up two goals. Heck some guys rage quit during a tied score cause they see I am more skillful than they are.

Just makes me shake my head.