2014 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    National team manager Choi Kang-hee asked Park to publicly clarify how he was able to delay his mandatory military service upto 2022, which has been a very controversial issue in the Korean public as of late. But Park refused to do that and can't be reached even at this time around. So Choi and his staff decided not to select him. Choi might think that this could distract team chemistry prior to upcoming WCQ ties.

On the other hand, U-23 manager Hong Myung-bo said that he's been in contact with Park and has intention to select him for the Olympics if he is ready and willing to play, regardless of the public opinion.

2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I did not say that no one in Qatar objects the current policy of the FA, but that the opinion seem to be divided.
    About the arab thing I agree. In fact, a claim was made earlier that talking about this or critisizing it would fuel racism in the arab community in GCC, which I didnt buy as Qatar is the only arab nation (as far as I know), that has resorted to these tactics. Im well aware that this is not an arab thing to do, but the Qatari way.
    Good post.

3. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Are you saying that public opinion goes against Park Chu Young playing for the Olympic team (and the senior national team), on the account of a conscription issue?
    He's arguably your best player.

Anyway whats your prediction for friday's game in terms of the match picture and final score?
    I think both teams are gonna play cautiously at the start, but Korea slowly gaining more possession and dominance. Korea will score the first goal, causing Qatar to push forward and leave their defense exposed to counter attacks with Korea scoring again.
    Qatar 1 - 2 or 3 South Korea imo

4. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Lebanon - Uzbekistan will start at 16:00, when the temp will be very high. They played with Qatar at 20:30. Whose decision is this? AFC? FIFA? or Lebanon? Why it is so unfair?

5. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    That's what I meant. Their home record was pretty impressive until the last round.

lol, yesterday I was reading a post by someone on the Persian Football boards who thinks the timing of the matches is a huge controversy by FIFA to allow Qatar to earn a qualifying place. It is kind of annoying, as a fan, how Qatar has to play most of their matches last (obviously an exception in Qatar, where it is too hot to play any earlier).

@PhantomPatrol - Mahmoud Soufi

6. 007GS

007GS Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Beirut at 16:00 will have temps in the low 30s, high 20s. Oman v Australia at 17:00, temps in the high 30s, possible high of 40. Doha will be just as bad but they kick off at 19:15.

Why do they make such stupid decisions?

Nurafshon repped this.
  7. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think timing of matches is not that relevant this early in qualification stage, so they dont need to be played simultaneously. The last matches, it is a given that they should.

Lebanon is probably not as bad as the countries like Qatar or Oman in terms of weather. Checking the weather forecast for Beirut on friday it is just below 30 C.
    Is it the countries FA, or FIFA that decides at what time a match is to be played?

8. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Calm down, i'm not making a stupid decision and thanks for temp infos.

9. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    the entire arabian gulf is hot this time of the year and the night temperatures in doha will be almost like the temperature in beirut in maghreb. so it is the same.

Elspamo repped this.
  10. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    theyre preparing the excuses. :D

last or first game, if you dont win you dont win. simple.

11. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    lol. Well to be fair, most of the people disagreed with him and thought he was a nut job :D

12. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Referee for Iran-Qatar match will be Peter Green, from Australia.
    The match will kick off 20:00 Tehran time.

13. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

nimaa, Rostam and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The British Embassy was circulating this email last week in UAE & Qatar: "The Defence Ministry has advised all car owners not to fill their car tanks full as with temperatures up to 53-54degrees in the coming weeks it may cause fuel tanks to burst." That's pretty flippin hot! :devilish: Hasn't quite reached those levels yet here, but it's pretty brutal in the middle of the day. With that said, Al Sadd Stadium where Qatar v S.Korea will be held is cooled inside and played in the evening so I don't think the weather will be too much of a factor there.

Dohahah and Elspamo repped this.
  15. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN KICKS-OFF TO GET FAN SUPPORT FOR AL ANNABI

DOHA: Qatar Football Association (QFA) has launched an aggressive
    marketing campaign to gets fans filling up the stands at Al Sadd
    Stadium where hosts Qatar take on Korea in a 2014 FIFA World Cup
    qualifier.

QFA has joined hands with Qtel as part of its marketing campaign for
    the June 8 match.

QTel has announced cash prizes worth QR 35,000 for three lucky fans
    attending the match this Friday.

Khalid Mubarak Al Kuwari, Director of Marketing, said family fun has
    also been planed for the June 8 clash at Al Sadd Stadium.

He said fans can walk into the match venue by 4:30 when the gates to
    Al Sadd Stadium would be thrown up to the public.

Qatar beat Lebanon 1-0 on Sunday to pick up three crucial points in
    its Asian Zone, Group A, clash.

On June 12, Qatar take on hosts Iran in Tehran.

Qtel has announced a prize bag of QR 35,000 in the shape of
    prizes for lucky fans who will attend the 2014 FIFA World Cup
    Qatar-Korea clash on June 8.

Qtel has arranged various activities which the ticket holders must win
    to qualify for a slot at the top prize of QR 35,000.

The top three lucky winners on June 8 will get QR 20,000, QR 10,000
    and QR 5,000 respectively, it was announced.

In a similar gesture to attract fans to the stadium, Qtel announced a
    cash prize of QR 1 million during last month's Emir Cup final.

Team Melli forever and Elspamo repped this.
  16. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    yes be careful! many fires in the region started last summer because of overheating in cars. anything from the fuel tank bursting to engine or electrical malfunctions can happen with the hot temperatures.

the arabian gulf is hell in the summer. but for some reason i cannot wait to get back to it :D
    alsadd stadium is airconditioned so youre right itll be good in the evening :cool:

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  17. phantom patrol

phantom patrol New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Club:
    Al Arabi SC Doha
    Fire started in the pearl in one of the buildings being built, they had to rescue like 38 workers from there. Qatar is on fire these days, let us hope they bring that heat to the game ;).

Dohahah and Elspamo repped this.
  18. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree the temperatures of the Persian Gulf are very high during the summer. That doesn't stop me from wanting to go either :D. I think it will end a tie as the Persian Gulf's temperatures could fatigue the Koreans.

nimaa and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  19. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    I know is next week, but Al Kass just reported that Dejagah will most likely not be available for the Iran-Qatar clash. Good news for Qatar if its true.

nimaa repped this.
  20. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    latest new from Iran is that he's 100% ready and will start so Al Kass is wrong

nimaa and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  21. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Injured Aziz Haydarov didn't go to Lebanon.

22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What do they base it on? Latest reports by Iranian media is that Dejagah is fully healed (he was fit to play against Uzbekistan too but they took extra caution). He went to Germany on Monday where all the players had a day off, but has returned to Tehran. Photo from today's training session:

http://media.farsnews.com/media/Uploaded/Files/Images/1391/03/17/13910317200349453_PhotoL.jpg

Dejagah is nr 20.

23. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    yes youre right about the weather possibly fatiguing the korean players lol. the humidity or dust can affect how well korea plays but the koreans are still professionals so i should not expect them to be affected too much, plus the stadium is airconditioned. a tie will be good for us. back in march i said the most important thing is not to lose. even only 3 wins but 5 ties can qualify us :)

24. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    inshallah the players dedicate a home win for the victims of villagio

Elspamo repped this.
  25. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Thread cleaned up to leave it on a positive note. Don't forget !Bob's three golden rules:

1. No racism.
    2. No personal attacks.
    3. No crossing the mods!

Riling up the opposition in a witty way, fine. But name calling gets dull very quickly!