2014 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    What are you even talking about? Iran is the largest and most powerful nation in the world. Every country loves them and tries to emulate their government style. Did I mention that the streets are paved with gold and have chocolate fountains?

... nvm. Maybe it's time for a reality check.

Dohahah repped this.
  2. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Fingers were being pointed at Qatar so you decided to divert attention away from Qatar by claiming MORONIC and fanatical claims about Iran, none of which were true. You said players were jailed, lashed... while these very same players have been playing in clubs and national teams for all of last year AGAINST QATAR!!

And again, your own arguement defeats itself. You claim that we're sitting out of the WC b/c we're using domestics. Why are you sitting out then? And not just that, you're sitting out behind Iran. So stfu

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  3. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I don't want every arab village giving out citizenships like toilet papers to every white guy and black African that decided to hop on their little sand box. So yeah, I'm afraid of what the footballing scene is gonna look like if this keeps on going. We've had 3 Brazilians and Serbians trying to join the Iranian national team in the past 2 years. If this keeps on going, even our own federation might cozy up to these insane practices (god forbid).

Mani repped this.
  4. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol our pride is a thorn in your eyes.

You outright lie and when I defend my country with facts you come out crying like a little b that you're with these responses.

5. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    both Iran and Qatar barely won and weren't too impressive.

happy?

6. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We're not even talking about football lol

The qataris are butthurt that we brought up the naturalization issues so they started talking about the regime and shooting the messenger (as if that will make their mercenery players go away).

7. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    Maybe you should you follow your own advice.

Fingers were being pointed? lol. Your friend was trying to go off-topic with non-football related garbage about the players' ethnicities. So to make a point, I asked him if I should go off-topic with the numerous issues in Iran which also aren't football related, such as the illegality of western haircuts or threatening to hand down a lifetime ban to players and lash them for 'playing a prank'. Once again: l2read

Funny how you didn't comment on the fact how you tried to fake a quote. lol

how old are you? l2read, I never said anything about Iran sitting out of the WC. I was talking about your examples, Bahrain and UAE. You have trouble even comprehending the simplest of posts.

Dohahah repped this.
  8. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    In the end nothing can done about Qatar naturalizing players until Qatari's themselves object to the policy. So far the opinion seem to be divided, with the new guy on the forum being against it and wanting their own youth getting a shot instead of opting for the short term solution.
    While Dohaha does not mind it.

We will beat you regardless, next week. :)

9. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    but then qatar gave nationalities to soldiers and took over iran and darkness covered the earth. you only have the beginning of the story. :D

Elspamo repped this.
  10. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    mods should cut out the spam on these threads to make it more football related. if your life is that sad that you have to type NSR stuff to random strangers you just met and are spamming with random smily faces and write excerpts of your autobiography nobody cares and it is getting in the way of the football discussion. thanks.

11. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    hey hey hey dont speak for me okay?
    i never said i dont mind it.
    stop attacking my country thats all.

Elspamo repped this.
  12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Korea will be looking to crush some dreams these first 2 games. first Qatar and then a hopefully 0-0-2 Lebanon

13. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    whatev

you failed

Qatar has merceneries so you tried to divert attention when people began talking about it. How is talking about the Iranian regime similar to us talking about MERCENERY football players? You said Iranian players are threatened for having western hair styles when half the team has blonde highlight streaks in their hair!!! One of them plays in your own country.

"Numerous issues of Iran" are not football related, Qatar fielding players from every African and American village is.

Banning two players for committing an illegal act in the middle of the field for a certain number of games has ******** all to do with the Iranian regime.

Mani repped this.
  14. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I didn't. Just discussing one thing. There is things about the Iranian football that I dont like. For instance banning of foreign goalkeepers to play in the domestic league. (though I think that rule may have changed). Bottom line I didnt attack your country.

15. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    this is ending its not happening alot like before. thanks Allah for my "village". small country but life is wonderful al7amdillilah.

16. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol all this because I said "United Nations of Qatar", it was just a joke chill out

Mani, nimaa and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  17. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You caused a real sh*tstorm :D :p

18. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    I'm done. I'll keep on topic from now on as long as the other posters do later on.

19. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Elspamo, thanks.

Please keep on topic! If you want to discuss politics of the region, feel free to go to NSR forums/politics forum.

Qatar, sorry to say but naturalisation is fair game - it's about the football team itself. Although not to the extent of Qatar, pretty much every team does it. It's part of football (and at that, there's a lot of catching up to do to get to athletics level of naturalisation!!) On the other hand, if you can't keep it entertaining, repeated references to the same shit will get boring!

Elspamo repped this.
  20. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you are not the main culprit but yes lets stick to football. nobody cares about where peoples families come from or what their real life name is or how they got bullied in school. its ok to a reasonable extent but some members are treating this more as a NSR forum.

21. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    What he said.
    Going forward, you will have your post removed and warned.

22. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FYI Park Chu-young is included in the preliminary squad for the 2012 Olympic Games.

23. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The Lebanese defeated us at their home, but not at ours.

24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Im talking about the main national team for the World Cup Qualifiers. Why include him for the Olympic team but leave him out of the WCQ? Does not make much sense.

25. phantom patrol

phantom patrol New Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Club:
    Al Arabi SC Doha
    We have the same rule in Qatar league, but one of the main problems is NOT every club follows the rules and does it with the approval of the QFA, for example " Al Likhwiya" club and "Al-Jaish" both have foreign(algerian goalkeeper from france, and brazilian gk) players, having said that all the other clubs complain about those players but at the same time field african goalkeepers with arabic names as if its any better. There are a lot of rules I dont agree with in our QFA, there is a rule for the clubs to be allowed one foreign player in the reserve team on the condition that this foreign player is under 23 years of age and has not representing any country on international level. That is like auditioning the next naturalised players basically . I think most people deep down whether qatari or not know there is something wrong with the way the QFA is goin about its business with this policy.
    As for the person saying we have no history i would like to disagree, although we didnt get gold medals or reach the world cup finals a lot of people were proud of the national team, created songs about the players the national team and all that, whether you agree with their achievements or not. 10 years after our independence we reached the final of the youth world cup(1981 Australia), to do that in so little time means you have a population that loves their football and their country and are capable of making it to the big stage. Now im not pointing this out just to show we have history but also to show that during this time we had no naturalisation policies and with that we could make it to the final of a youth world cup, so to anyone who thinks are population is too small and has no talent that is a clear indicator otherwise, because in 1981 our population was probably smaller. And i dont know where all you guys get the idea that no one criticises the policy in Qatar, if you look at some of the shows(aired in Ramadan) they make fun of the issue just as much. I am 100 percent sure if they take a vote from the population about tomorrow the majority of the population would say stop naturalising the way you do! Even when they do naturalise its a failure, Lawrence starts playing for the national team at age 33 marconi naturalised at age 34, i mean these players are only gonna be playing through one qualifying campaign at most, and they aren't xavis or puyols either!
    And to whoever said that we dont want the arabs naturalising every other player for their sandbox, this has nothin to do with arabs dude! Egypt is arab, Morocco is arab, Lebanon is arab, Jordan is arab the list goes on and they dont have these policies it has to do with officials thinking its much easier to naturalise players than to nurture them and take care of them. Pretty much goes like that all across the board for all sports here :p