2014 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (II) [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Txtriathlete, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kutsuit;
    No surprise there UAE, SA, Bahrain, Qatar, Lebanon, etc. are all the same. That's the way arabs work. No honor, no class. I predicted 10-0 in the match. But they were even smarter than that. They lead 1-0 in the 1st half, to give Iran a false sense of trust in their 2nd half to perhaps be content with a draw. Just shameless.

Rostam and Mani repped this.
  2. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  3. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was unaware Geynrikh scored any goals. Also remember this was Qatar we are talking about- these players are a whole notch below the Uzbek players and them making terrible mistakes and panicking are very explainable. I may be wrong but it appears that Qatar definitely played for the win as did the Uzbeks. Did you see how much time the Qatari goal keeper and players were wasting?

Lets close this topic and just move on- I'll see you all back in September. Enjoy the summer holiday!

Umid and Nurafshon repped this.
  4. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well, the only thing to do now is hope and pray Uruguay doesn't stay 5th place in South America.

5. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Congrats to both Iran and South Korea, whom made it to Brazil 2014.
    Hope to see you there.:thumbsup:

So as it seems Uzbekistan will be the victim against South American opposition in the late intercontinental playoffs, if they manage themselves to go past Oman or Jordan, first.

Mudang repped this.
  6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Jordan through to the playoffs

7. Operation Opera

Mar 18, 2007
    Uzbekistan will probably win Jordan but will lose against Uruguay/Venezuela both home and away.

8. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Congrats to both Iran and S. Korea.

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Nahh, I don`t think so.
    Both Uruguay and Venezuela, usually play their visiting games to get for themselves a draw, and are more confident in winning at home. More concern Uzbekistan has to take (if they pass over Jordania, first), if who happens to be 5th in South America is Peru, Ecuador or Chile, as "we" try to win, everywhere we play (home and as visitors).

10. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    It doesn't matter if he scored or not. The defender was clearly giving him a golden opportunity to score. It was quite obviously deliberate, no matter how hard I tried to rationalize what happened. The defender hardly panicked. He was rather mellow and knew exactly what he was doing. There was no reason to panic anyway, since Qatar had nothing to lose. The team wasn't a nervous wreck at all, which is why these incidents raised even more suspicion in the first place. The acting was too obvious. Qatar never played for a win so you can forget about that assertion. Qatar played for the exact result they ended up with. Time-wasting doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, just like all the so-called saves in the first half didn't mean anything either. When the Qatari players realized they were running out of time, Ahmed Soufiane suddenly turned into a carbon copy of the Kuwaiti women's national team goalkeeper.

The match between Qatar and Uzbekistan reminded me of the many times I played FIFA (i.e. the video game) with my brother. He would always deliberately pass the ball to my team and pretend it was an accident, so that I could score and feel good about myself. Sometimes he would also toggle through his defenders and pull them away from my players, for the same reason. As weird as it sounds, the match between Qatar and Uzbekistan felt like it was played on a video game console.

I'm ready to move on. Enjoy your summer break.

Mani repped this.
  11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

Uzbekistan can give South American team a serious run for the money.
    Do not count them out or take them lightly.

Valkyrie repped this.
  12. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    that's beyond disgusting. lol just couple weeks ago i thought S. Koreans were professional. This is disgusting to the max. The reserve keeper makani just ran past them. He didn't resort to any violence these Koreans did. Absolutely disgusted to see things like this in football. Do they really have that much hate for Iran winning and making it to WC? And yet members here claim Iran isn't even a rival. Wow....Just wow....
    Banter. Thrash talking. Showing off (when you won rightfully and make it to WC) is alright but when you mix violence into this, it just beyond sad.

Officially losing all my respect for Korean professionalism.

13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We never take any opposition as "lightly".
    We just know, we are better than any Asian team, but we also know we must show that superiority when it comes the time, and we don`t always do it.
    But on one against one, we are better and most of the times we will end succesfully achieving it.
    ;)

When the time comes, there is no such thing as an automatic win, and despite how easy any game may appear to be, at the right moment you must score more times than what your eventual opponent does, and this way you prove your superiority.
    Fail to do it, and you lose. (no science here).

For an example more closely to all of you guys here in this forum:
    One on one, I strongly believe (my personal opinon on the issue), that South Korea is lots much better than Iran, and out of 10 played games between them both, S.Korea would win more times than those that Iran will win. But as this is football (and the great beauty of it), it came down that this time it was Iran's time to achieve one of those fewer wins over them.
    And it couldn`t come in a better occasion, when it matters the most ..........

14. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm fairly certain uzbeks are gonna give the 5th s.american team a good run for their money even if it is uruguay.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

"We"? The top dogs of South America (Brazil and Argentina) sure.
    But the lower end teams such as Venezuela/Uruguay/Chile etc. will not be as convincing, and Uzbekistan has a good chance against them. We just have to wait and see.
    Im rooting for Uzbekistan.

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Tehran during the match

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Umid, Nurafshon, Farhad Khan and 2 others repped this.
  18. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Gucci, Man of the Match - Goal + Interview

Team Melli forever repped this.
  19. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Awesome pics m8, keep 'em coming.

20. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I never mentioned the top dogs in our zone, as they are among the best not only here, but everywhere as well (you missed Colombia now, at present times), among whom, one of them will probably end winning next World Cup. Besides, none of them will be in the Intercontinental playoff, so no need to even mentioning them here.

I`m only talking about the rest of us in South America (including those who aren't going to make it this time), here.
    ;)

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Tehran after the match

Players' emotions after the match

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ik1.jpg ik2.jpg ik3.jpg

Umid, Valkyrie and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  22. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London

im not condoning what the two Korean team staff did, but lets not be so self-righteous here.

CQ's and his coaching staff behaviour when the final whistle blew, were quite appalling.

and you think that Iranian reserve goalie left his pack, and jogged 10 yards to the Korean manager and the staff innocently? you reckon he weren't saying some stupid offensive stuff? He probably thought if CQ does it, he can do it without suffering any consequences.

and here we have Iranians celebrating CQ's behaviour thats more fitted for a hooligan than a National Team manager.

Ain't you the feller who went on about when you were 12 you saw a Korean player be disrespectful to TM's bench and how appalled you were?

Again, the Korean staff should not have done what they did, but lets not be too hypocritical here or too self-righteous.

23. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran

When you have a classless Korean manager openly saying stupid sh*t like they wish for Iran not to be present at World Cup and CQ will be watching WC from Portugal, or when you have classless player like SMH uttering child like words as "make Nekounam shed tears of blood" prior to the game, do you really not expect our team to goad yours like no tomorrow?

I agree that this whole thing should have been avoided, and someone should have looked the other way. Fact is, your classless coach started it. And then rest of your classless management team took it to the next level when TWO coaching staff members got physical and punch our player in the face.
    Dont ever complain about "class" again. You just lost it today. Your players and your coaches. Loosers on the pitch, but even more so off the pitch.

Valkyrie and Mani repped this.
  24. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Korean fans as well, who threw hundreds of water bottles at the Iranian players.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  25. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran was celebrating rightfully so like I said. It sucks we couldn't celebrate in our own stadium but it had to be done. Look. I never said what CQ did was right and you know it too if you see my posts. Let's forget about the typical cocky fans Iran and S. Korea on BS and other forums.

Yes I was the one. CQ didn't show his middle finger like that guy did and he didn't get attacked like he was some sort of savage back in AC 2004 despite he flicked off the WHOLE Iranian bench and staff after taking down Nekounam. Oh and I was in the stadium btw right behind the Iran bench in China then. (Went with my dad to watch all of Iran's games) Now give me proof if anything happened to him after that like VIOLENCE. Not trash talking/taunt/or whatever. You can't compare the two together.

Regardless I have always had high respect for S. Korea football because of their professionalism and their organization still has it but what these staff members did tonight was unacceptable compared to taunting or whatever else. THEY PSYCHICALLY TRIED TO ENGAGE A FIGHT. This would have been ugly if the Iranians acted back. I don't even need to tell what would have happened but thankfully, the Iranians stayed away. Do you see the problem now? I'm sure S. Korea will deal with this problem and I will regain my respect for them.