2014-2015 U12-U17 NT [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Apr 3, 2014.

1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    exhibit A = Balotelli

2. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Not a coincidence top prospects need to play in Europe to develop into good players. Most young korean players probably get the creativity bled out of them by horrible Korean coaches who yell at them for not doing the correct play and not running enough and not doing exactly what was told.

3. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    "He needs to stay sharp in training and in daily life"

This sounds like something you hear when you enlist in the military. Ate they trying to develop good soldiers or good footballers?

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Do you think
    Do you think prospects at top youth academies in Europe are allowed to float around all day? They're subjected to extreme levels of pressure and competition to stay sharp in training and in daily life. Even in this NY Times article that we discussed at length five years ago about Ajax, kids would wet their pants under the extreme pressure to not get cut.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/06/magazine/06Soccer-t.html

Ice cube repped this.
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it is hard to judge from the outside given that Korean training regimens have been historically too much, but if there was a time for LSW to work extra hard, its now.

6. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    You're kidding? I thought they played freestyle for 20 minutes and played fifa the rest of the day.

My point was that Korean youth system focuses too much on winning...on developing hardworking soldiers with no creativity.

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I think that's a rather outdated view in light of the on-going changes in Korea's club/youth system for the past decade. If the current trend continues, the university detour will be a relic of the past in a few years time for almost all top prospects.

As for creativity, consider the creativity that the Ulsan prospects displayed in the U17 WC this time around. Many were more effective and creative than LSW in group match play.

8. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    What changes are you talking about? So if a kid makes a mistake during practice, the coach is going to yell and correct him 3 times instead of 5 times? lol. This is a big problem where the young player will never take risks or think for himself during a game.

I think you know more than me about this but I just have this feeling that nothing has changed in coaching young kids.
    Because of stuff like..
    1)Coach trashes a teenage player as lazy and having a bad attitude to the media. (I never heard of him having an attitude issue when he was at masia. Nor did i sense a lazy player when i watched him play ever)

2) stuff like publically humilating the team when they perform badly at a tournament.

I guess Im biased because i watch some korean games with older korean men, and all they do is yell at the screen. Im assuming thats how a lot of korean coaches are.

9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bruh LSW's time at La Masia was FILLED with attitude issue reports (and by filled I remember 2 in the space of 2 years)

10. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    huh and what were they? links?

he compared himself to messi? lol let me guess, he argued with the referee

11. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no it was legit arrogance / attitude problems and the like... pretty much w hat CJC said
    I'm sure if you dig around in the Korean Youth Players Abroad thread you can find it (I posted them lol)

12. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Right I'm sure these were all reported by korean media. I really think his attitude problem is way overblown. How is it guys like ronaldo, neymar, suarez, Messi become successful footballers when they all had "attitude" problems in the past.

13. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I think there's a bit of a difference between being arrogant and being lazy. Also, it would take a miracle for LSW to reach the level of the foursome above.

14. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    When did i say he will become as good as them.

15. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All four of those players may act like prima donnas at times but they work hard in training. Their attitude problems don't affect their footballing.

I'm not saying it will necessarily lead to his downfall, but I also don't think you can just easily dismiss it. You bring up MSN and Ronaldo, I can point to literally dozens of examples the other way – Balotelli, Arnautovic, Ben Arfa. In short, I'm saying it could go either way.

16. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    TigersOfAsia, edlee1992 and jinseokyang repped this.
  18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I heard one of them, I think Park Myung Soo, is going to sign a pro contact with Incheon. I might be wrong though.

19. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [U-15]

Our U-15 NT beat Japan U-15 NT 3-1 in a friendly in Japan. Scorers were Kim Chan (x2) and Kim Dong-beom, and for Japan it was Kubo (who used to be Barcelona youth player).

[​IMG]

HiTaegukWarrior repped this.
  20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Kim Chan wasn't in the in the U-15 team for the AFC U-16 tournament qualifiers, was he?

Another game against Japan U-15 on the 11th.

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, he wasn't in the squad for the qualifiers. Most presumably injury because he is an important member of this generation.

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The second match against Japan U-15 ended with a 4-1 loss.

Yesterday, they played against Kumamoto Seisho High School which they won 7-0. A brace for Kim Dong-Beom, while Kim Chan scored a goal along with Park Chan-Bin, Shin Sang-Hwi, and Seo Woo-Min.

Tomorrow, they play against Roasso Kumamoto U-18.