2014-15 Ligue 1 match thread [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by guignol, Aug 11, 2014.

1. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    i think maybe you're being a little harsh. Neither Njie or Yattara looked great today but they're both young and both have potential IMO. Njie maybe a bit more potential but Yattara seemed to be lacking confidence more than desire to me today.

2. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not talking about the chance or two he chewed up. i'm talking about the lack of movement, and the lack of pressing.

njie wasn't THAT bad, but at the end he was too lazy. compare to guys like malbranque and gonalons who really WERE tired. or fekir who left it ALL on the field.

they both have talent. what they need is that fire that makes a real pro.

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    strikers are often "perceived" as lazy. Hell Thierry Henry was often accused of being lazy at the Red Bulls but he is anything but. What he actually is is an expert at lulling the defenders into a passive state and then pouncing at the right moment.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that i can buy.

but the situation was not like that on sunday. i'm sure even trezeguet would have been doing some pressing.

and i'm talking about the ballcarrier looking at a big patch of ground down the flank and practically asking yattara pretty please to run into it and he just stood there. not even asking for the ball at his feet either. just a big nought on the field.

5. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Bastia-Lyon is being shown on TV here in Canada. As I don't have BeIn sports the early Satruday match is the only Ligue 1 match that's shown on regular TV here in Canada every week. Finally Lyon is playing.

guignol and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    already 3 yellows for bastia and 1 for OL

7. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Disappointing result and performance. Not much creativity out there today. The lack of Gourcuff was really evident. Lacazette seemed to be on an island all game. no link up between defence and attack.

Bastia remind me of a central american team. They like to play physical and to tackle hard, but the minute you play the same way with them, they're on the floor crying and whining to the referee.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    furiani is always a tought house to play at. i'm not displeased with the result all in all.

9. SupremeNTM

SupremeNTM New Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Another great day of football in Corsica :rolleyes: Why these people always have to be so tough on the pitch? I don't get it ! Play some football instead of wrestling !!!
    Anyway, we clearly didn't deserve a better result than a draw today, our midfield was too average and Njie was terrible to watch
    Once again, no decent playmaker and we are totally average....

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    0-1 for OL at HT in lille. not that many chances so far but we're sure playing some pretty football.

92%.jpg

that's coco on the ground after forcing mavuba into a big foul. he scored the goal.