2014-15 Champions League: Round of 16 Predictions

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1 Italy-Azzurri-Fan, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    Okay, so I have listed the draw for the teams for the Round 0f 16:

Paris Saint-Germain vs. Chelsea
    Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Bayern Munich
    Schalke 04 vs. Real Madrid
    Basel vs. Porto
    Manchester City vs. Barcelona
    Juventus vs. Borussia Dortmund
    Bayer Leverkusen vs. Atletico Madrid
    Arsenal vs. Monaco

What are all of your predictions, and why?

2. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'll go first:

Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea: This is tough and quite hard to predict. Both teams are very good and both have a lot of talent. But I think PSG is really hungry and really wants the revenge from the 2013-14 champions league. The reason why last time Chelsea went through is because PSG conceded a penalty. So I think PSG have what it takes and really want it, so I am predicting a small win: 4-3 for PSG on aggregate.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Bayern Munich: Donetsk is not a rubbish team, but Bayern Munich are a team with all world class players and I feel they are really hungry. Bayern Munich also have the advantage if they reach the final because it will be played in Germany. This is hardly debatable, the likes of: Robben, Muller, Lewandowski, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Lahm, Neuer, and much more will destroy Donetsk. Bayern should win comfortably. I am predicting a 7-1 win for Bayern Munich on aggregate. I also think Bayern Munich will go on and win the whole thing. Best Club in the world at the moment.

Schalke 04 vs Real Madrid: Also hardly debatable. Real Madrid have won every single game in their group and want to continue their winning streak, which should be easy against Schalke 04. Schalke is not a good team at all especially compared to Real Madrid. Kroos and Ronaldo will work really hard and lead their team to dominate Schalke. I'll go for a 5-0 win for Real Madrid on aggregate. Real Madrid are probably the second best team in the tournament and might make it to the final if they can avoid Bayern Munich before then.

Basel vs Porto: Both teams are quite average, and none are really world class. I actually don't watch these teams play very often so I really don't know. But just looking at their scores, I think Porto will advance. Also with what other people's predictions are. I'll go for a 3-2 win on aggregate for Porto, but don't trust me too much on this one.

Manchester City vs Barcelona: This is a little tough, but I think Barcelona have just what it takes to advance. Manchester City though is not a team to be underestimated. Aguero is a brilliant striker and is doing will for the team, but overall I think the likes of Messi, Neymar, and Suarez will overcome Manchester City. I'll go for a 4-3 win on aggregate to Barcelona.

Juventus vs Borussia Dortmund: Borussia Dortmund has really gone way down hill in the Bundesliga this season. They are the second worst team and no way will they be able to beat the top Serie A team. But at the same time Dortmund is not a team to be underestimated. Juventus though know that Dortmund relies on Immobile a little and the Juve defenders know Immobile from the national team and know how to stop him. Juventus are really hungry and just are the superior team. Going for a comfortable 4-1 win on aggregate for Juventus.

Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid: Although Bayer Leverkusen has done quite well in their group, they had quite an easy one, and I don't think they have what it takes to beat Atletico Madrid. Atletico is a strong defensive team and also has Mandzukic and Torres on attack. I just don't see Leverkusen being able to pull an upset, so I am going to back Atletico up for a 5-2 win on aggregate.

Arsenal vs Monaco: I think they are both average teams around the same level. Monaco has been really lucky lately in their group with finding the wins they need to top it, but I just have this feeling that their luck will turn the other way when they face Arsenal. Arsenal has also been good and came just after Dortmund because of goal difference. I think Arsenal just have what it takes to go through. I'll go for a 3-3 draw with Arsenal advancing on away goals.

So what are your predictions?

3. matleblanc

matleblanc Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    I think that PSG will not advance to the CL quarter finals. Chelsea as for me has more chances to win this two-legged tie. Mourinho wants to prove his master class and will do everything to win Premiership and Champions League, and he has a lot of talents in his squad.

4. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    how I said in last year of UCL when PSG has meet Chelsea .... I tell again, PSG will win home, but Chelsea will qualify for quarterfinals with a home victory ;) (3-1 PSG and 2-0 Chelsea in last season)

5. GoalChuck

GoalChuck Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is exactly what I think about this. I totally agree with you :)

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Chelsea is going to bunker now. Good night, PSG...

7. AlleXyS

AlleXyS Member

Steaua Bucureşti
    Apr 22, 2014
    Bucharest
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    again away goal for Chelsea :D they will qualify in quarterfinals ... hope to see a final between Chelsea and Real Madrid, my clubs :X

8. philly villain

Jun 20, 2008
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Gravizapa

Gravizapa Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Latvia
  10. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All PSG need is a 2-2 draw in Chelsea which will send them through. If PSG plays as good as they did last night and throws everything at attack they can go through.

11. GoalChuck

GoalChuck Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Today Juventus Turin - Borussia Dortmund.

I could imagine this will be a draw, so x @ 3,3 ;)

12. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Please 2-0 win for Juventus at least!

13. GoalChuck

GoalChuck Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We will see :p

14. Gravizapa

Gravizapa Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Latvia
    Arsenal - Monaco: 0-0.
    Bayer - Atletico: 0-2

15. matleblanc

matleblanc Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    As for me: Arsenal vs. Monaco 1:0
    Bayer Leverkusen vs. Atletico Madrid 1:3

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree with this prediction!

17. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Common people who said Chelsea will go through? What just happened. PSG beat Chelsea on away goals with 10 men, the man sent off arguable their best player, and plus the referee made a lot of calls that favored Chelsea. After this I knew it was just the magic and how hungry PSG were to do this. Anyway depending on who PSG get drawn with next round I am not sure if they will make it because many of their players are suspended: Ibrahimovic, Verratti, to name a few. Plus many are a yellow card away from a ban. Unless PSG get drawn with Porto, Monaco, or Leverkusen, they will likely not make it.

18. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh and before next week

I am changing two of my predictions:

Monaco will advance over Arsenal

Leverkusen has a 50% chance of upsetting Atletico but I will not predict on this one because I have no clue at the moment.