Pre-match: (2014.06.19) 2014 FIFA World Cup - Group C, MD2 : Japan vs Greece

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Harima83

Harima83 Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Instead of Okubo, I would like Okazaki as centre forward.

faiyez repped this.
  2. larc-en

larc-en Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Our strategy should depend on the other match result. If it's not a draw then goal difference becomes crucial and we need to play at a faster tempo but if it is a draw any win against Greece suffices. As a poker player I can appreciate the advantage of playing second

3. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Those words are just the typical bbc bs :coffee:

Zac hasn't said anything about okubo being up front in today's game according to the brazilian press

scotch17 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Then we're possibly still seeing Okubo, just out wide instead of up front.
    Personally I'm leaning towards the same lineup with Kakitani up front... but there's been mention of "drastic" changes, so I'm not really sure what to expect at this point.
    A return to 3-back experiments with Konno?
    A return to Okada-esque Honda up top?
    Aoyama ? Kiyotake ?
    I don't have a clue what to expect at this point.

5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Anyway, I'd like to see: Kawashima - H. Sakai - Morishige - Yoshida - Nagatomo - Hasebe - Yamaguchi - Kiyotake Honda - Kagawa - Okazaki

Hasebe said that he's ready and fit to play the full game

6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uchida was the only player that looked dangerous against CIV while both crosses came from Nagatomo's side... why replace him at this point ?

7. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I really want to see Kiyotake play along side with Honda and Kagawa. And play Kakitani up front. I have watched Kiyotake played a couple times and I think he's really good. Idk why none of the big team is interested in him. He surely deserves to play in a better team than Nurnberg.

8. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    If Ivory Coast wins today against Columbia this would be the best,cause then we have it on own hands.

A draw or a win vo Ivory Coast would be great cause then we need to win both games and nothing else matters.

9. larc-en

larc-en Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah Cote Divoire wolloping Colombia by at least four goals is best for us because a draw vs Colombia would get us through.

Colombia winning would be the worst for us because even 6 points might not be enough

10. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #85 Blue-San, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Just posting the line up I think we will see today:

Kawashima
    Uchida - Yoshida - Konno - Nagatomo
    Endo - Hasebe
    Okazaki - Honda - Kagawa
    Kakitani

And the line up I would wish to see.
    Kawashima
    Uchida - Yoshida - Morishige - Nagatomo
    Yamaguchi - Hasebe
    Okazaki - Honda - Kagawa
    Kakitani

As for todays prediction? Japan would ideally need more than just a win. A big win. I think it will be a very hard fought game and I predict a draw or a slight win by Japan. But it can go either way.

They got themselves in a really tough position after that first game. If possible relax play your own game and dont think too much about the result and what not. We will see what Japan need after the first game between Colombia and Ivory Coast but it is 90% chance imo that they will need to win them both so....

For me victory today is not what is important. Me seeing some outstanding game played by Japan is. I want them to show what they can do and then if Greece has a wall too high, luck too big etc so be it.

I would just hate them coming out all shitting their pants and maybe even winning in the process when I know it would all be just smoke and mirrors in the end. They need to keep the goal differential in mind as well. So play to your best and play like Japan not some freaking country who is not on this WC and does not deserve it

scotch17 repped this.
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Why would he replace Morishige?

12. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It's not clear to me why it's better for CIV to win instead of Colombia. So long as either wins, the other only has 3 points. Colombia is already way ahead of the pack with a GD of +3 as well. CIV's +1 would be negated by any loss.
    I would almost think it'd be better to be in a situation where Col has essentially secured top placing and feels they can rest players against Japan. A showdown for 2nd place between Japan and Colombia would be great entertainment, but probably not yield desired results for Japan.
    Worst case scenario would be a draw as it puts both CIV and Colombia in position to advance with 1 match left to play.
    Whatever the case, it doesn't matter if Japan can't defeat Greece. And of course same goes for Greece.

13. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He has pictures of Zac's daughter ?

14. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Because CIV will play Greece the last match. Plus Colombia can't rest their player too much too if Japan manage to score more than 2 goals against Greece and did only win 1 goal against CIV. However, if CIV win, Japan does not need to worry about goal difference, all they need to do is win both games.

15. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Japan bounce back today !!!! GANBARE NIPPON. I am so high motivated =D !!!! GoGoGo

16. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Evene when Japan loose today then can go through when Columbia wins today,Japan beats Columbia and Greece beats Ivory Coast with the optimal result. So everything is possible :)

teioh repped this.
  17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm rooting for Japan to win this game and to go through to the last 16. Make Asia proud guys! :)

18. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Win your game then wake up tomorrow and look at the standings, you will know what you need to do in the last game.

19. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #94 heyheyhe11, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Both Greece and Japan are in deep shit by losing the first game. While draw for Japan tonight doesn't spell doom for Japan. It does make things even tougher. Heading into final game against Colombia, you at least want destiny in our own hand. If your Japan, now you taking very close attention to Ivory Coast vs Colombia match and hope Ivory Coast wins. Because that will at least keep Colombia at three points. So in case Japan draws against Greece, Japan at one point can still advance to the knockout stage by beating Colombia.

Edit: first goal could be the decider of the game. If Japan scores first, Greece might pack it up and stop play. Which could allow Japan to score multiple times tonight. If Greece scores first, Japan could in for long night.

20. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The worst possible result for Japan is Colombia being held to a draw by CIV.

21. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    worst possible result for Japan is not winning games themselves. Dont expect other to bail you out at the WC. Win games and deserve to advance

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    A Draw would be as good as Ivory Coast wins cause Japan has it in own Hands then. Only a win by Columbia would be not that good

23. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You guys aren't ambitious. I want first place, so go Colombia.

24. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    exactly my thoughts

faiyez repped this.
  25. kakuen

kakuen Member

Jun 27, 2005
    I find it fun to see ur guys comments, it's good to be optimistic but winning the group? Winning against this Colombia team would be a task difficult enough for them. Japan got bullied way too easy by Ivory coast but this Colombia team is putting up a fight.