(2014.05.27) International Friendly: Japan vs. Cyprus [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, May 27, 2014.

1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Why are they so tired anyway?

2. Enclosure

Enclosure Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Because by design the training regime deliberately set out to push all the players to the peak of their exhaustion around this week as to bring out their top form duing the tournament. This strategy was so widely publicised for weeks, I thought we all knew this by now (?). I saw what I wanted to see given the context of the plan, seemed fine to me.

nakata101, zdrstvte, Radu Razvan and 3 others repped this.
  3. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's about all what can be said. I might add I found it a bit shocking how low Honda is on confidence, until he got a bit better in the last 10 minutes or so.

OneiroPhobia and Saku² repped this.
  4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    As long as there's no injuries then that'll be enough.

nakata101 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  5. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So damn happy with a goal against Cyprus ? :D

7. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Why not.. every single goal even they score against weaker team than Cyprus, i would like to celebrate with them if i was there.

seolseol repped this.
  8. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Uchida in his natural position... ahead of his own forwards well beyond the opponent's 18.

9. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers

First Half

larc-en, nakata101 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. nshires

nshires Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers

Second half

nakata101 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    @nshires Thanks a lot.

I was only able to watch the last 20 minutes of the match, so hopefully I'll have some spare time to watch it in full through the youtube videos you've provide to us.

12. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Despite only scoring a goal, wasting many chances along process and typically dominating possession against those who park the bus, they were creating chances. They didn't look good as a team, but since they were push to the brink of exhaustion in training just days before, I'm not that worry.

Despite this scrappy win, knowing the conditions, I would believe Zac and staff would go into damage control mode.
    I know that playing and practicing while your pushed to the limits will help them grow significantly, but there is a risk of over exhaustion and possible injuries. You also become more aware of your surrounding, only running, exerting strength when you have to. maybe that's why they didn't run too much.
    still, it's just my opinion.

Another thing is, Japan usually play out this scenario many times, the first game in so many months are like this, but then they start improving in the next and by the succession of games, they in great condition and start playing amazing football. Still 2 more matches until the WC 2014, and I really hope there's no injuries. 3 matches and hopefully into the knockout stages and beyond.

GO JAPAN! GAMBARE, NIPPON! GAMBARE SAMURAI BLUE!