2013 Season

Discussion in 'Orange County SC' started by Killersheep, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is giving up goals late in games starting to become an "LA thing"? It's absolutely retarded.

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    two MLS reserve sides will be establishing USL PRO clubs to begin play next season. My source indicates that those two teams will be Los Angeles Galaxy and FC Dallas. Rumors about the Galaxy starting up a USL PRO team have been circulating for a couple of months, and it appears there was good reason for that. News about FC Dallas comes out of the blue.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like it's going to be a turbulent off season with teams coming and going... And winter 2012-13 was so relatively calm too.

Big question for the Blues though, will there be a 2014 for them?

5. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, they are having tryouts in December.

6. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having tryouts doesn't mean they'll actually come out at the bell next season. And God knows their financial problems haven't abated with their paltry attendance (and it's not going to get better when Galaxy Jr come into the league).

7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    the glorious and legendary FC New York had like 593 tryouts :D

8. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no reason to believe they won't be back, ego will keep this thing going even though money is going down the drain.

9. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though Titan Stadium is like 10 min from my house, I'm relatively new to the Blues. I've been a long time Galaxy fan and I didn't really hear much about the Blues when they formed. I'm planning on checking out some Blues games in 2014, when they don't coincide with Galaxy games of course. However, can someone tell me what the issue is with the FO/owner? From posts around here, it seems attendance isn't the only thing wrong with the Blues oganization.

10. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have never shown that they have the ability to create an actual front office that can sell and market. They have never had an actual proven professional running the business. They seem to be stunned that people don't just show up.

11. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That being said, they put together a better actual team than they have in the past.

12. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Sounds like progress to me.

Although, will it be enough with the Galaxy and even maybe Chivas? Time is ticking.

13. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If a team plays and no one comes to watch did they actually play a game?

Seriously though Kenn is right. I wouldn't count on the Blues to be around long term if I were USL. With no fans, a fluid stadium situation, and essentially being kept on life support solely due to their owner's hubris they really should be treated as a non-factor when talking about USL's future. Particularly with the baby Galaxy on the way.

14. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    If a planet exists in space, and we never see it, is it still out there?

It's a tough situation. Either they partner with Chivas or even make some agreement with Galaxy (though it might be too later), or they move the team to a new city that can benefit an MLS that is still in a need of an affiliate.

15. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas practically is a USL team in how they're run (though that's an insult to USL teams). But it could be a match made in heaven, most dysfunctional USL team and MLS team partner up. Lose tons of money and play to empty stadia together.

Nah long term the Blues will fold unless they make some drastic changes. Even their owner won't sit and take losses indefinitely.

16. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Dude, this is perhaps the best philosophical statement yet from you. First time for everything.

That's why relocation is not such a bad idea. (Fresno, San Diego, or somewhere closer to another MLS team).

17. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More likely is that USL would simply fold the team then get an expansion fee from whomever buys in and places a team in Fresno, San Diego, etc...

18. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    #68 MakingGoals, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Ah, yes, the franchising fee... The USL's love interest. Step right up - Step right up; Come one, come all...

[​IMG]

19. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not positive but I am guessing that you need to be on BS longer than 3 months before you start making incorrect comments like that about long-time posters like athletics68. Reign it in.

athletics68 repped this.
  20. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Dude, lol, he and I converse in good fun (though we don't always see things in the same light). We have had plenty of time to exchange thoughts and views. Within all that, he knows I was giving him a friendly compliment here. Back to the topic.

21. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Are you the deacon(@NodineHill)'s sock puppet? You sound like him.

athletics68 repped this.
  22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Loophole!

athletics68 repped this.
  23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's possible. I would be shocked if it were someone who legitimately just showed up. IP check, mods?

Quite often when people keep getting crushed under one identity, they fade away (or take their ball and go home) and then, miraculously, it turns out they WEREN'T actually too good for the place, they were just not man enough to take the bruises.

As for the Blues, their owner originally said they were committed for three years, but would have to re-evaluate after that if they kept bleeding money. There is no way they are doing anything but spewing forth blood from the carotid artery.

And as for putting together a better team, well, fine. But in this country, that really means eff-all. Because, despite what people think, it is not true that "all you have to do is win and you'll draw." It just does not work that way.

You certainly CAN, depending on your resources, fund such a team for a length of time or even indefinitely. I wouldn't recommend it, but rich guys can do what they like.

markmcf8 and athletics68 repped this.
  24. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was that YOUR source, or is that text copied and pasted from the recklesschallenge report (without attribution, which would be a TOS violation)?

Dallas has since announced they will NOT actually field a USL Pro team next season.

25. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    I hope you are not talking to me. Because if you are, check yourself at the door because I or anyone would not appreciate such baseless and offensive accusations.

Stick to the topic of the thread.

As for athletics68, in recent posts I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in terms of carrying a conversation. Since you decided to rep this particular comment above you just showed your foolishness even more.

As for you kenn, I have just about had enough of your old man, nothing else to do, people are out to get me, cynicism. This is officially the third time you are accusing me. Now I ask the mods to give you a yellow card, because you seriously are being a sour jerk.

Guys, let's get back to soccer. The site is called Big Soccer - not Bring your Big Ego (because no one else will listen to me). :rolleyes:

:coffee: