2013 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by raiderD15, Nov 15, 2013.

1. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Outshot 11-1 on goal. Illini move on to play Seattle/Portland winner at Nebraska pod.

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    ITs over Illinois advances 3-1. WSU missed three of its attempts and goes out in a shootout for the second straight year.

3. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    OK, so now what?
    Highly advertised here West Virginia vs Rutgers and then Cascadia derby? :)

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

also UCF st Johns and Wake-Morehead st.. Indiana DePaul, Denver-Colo.

lots of action left.

5. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    None of the games left look very appetizing. I might watch a little DePaul-Indiana to get a feel for whichever team is coming to Chapel Hill next weekend.

6. TinkerTaylor

TinkerTaylor Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Same here.

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    colorado - Denver is aways a good Bashup among rivals.

I don't know if there is video

8. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Cliveworshipper repped this.
  9. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    #84 Cliveworshipper, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

There were only 3 teams in the NW corner of the country this year. Seattle got paired with 3 seed Portland.

Washington State had to play somebody, so they shipped in Illinois.

There is a computer program the NCAA travel agent uses to find the cheapest overall travel costs for all teams combined.
    I think Weber State was the next closest team. They went to BYU. Under the old system with the pod the first weekend, they probably would have shipped in a team to the NW to play the three teams and the winner would have gone to Nebraska.

sitruc repped this.
  10. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks.
    So I'm watching WVU - RU, gentlemen - if there is some extraordinary action you're witnessing, let me know here, thx in advance! :)

11. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    My Indiana-DePaul feed cut off and is now showing an empty field :/. Turned on Wake Forest-Morehead St to see a Morehead State defender clear a shot by Ally Berry off the line

Edit: 2 minutes later Courtney Owen gives Wake a 1-0 lead. Then Ridgik gives Wake a 2-goal lead 34 seconds after the first goal. Looks like Wake vs. Penn State in Charlottesville next weekend.

12. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #19 Jocelyn Jeffers, right instep to 1/3 left 1/2 high, Wheatley dove correctly but too far, ball curled into her trailing left hand high, bounced across the mouth and just wide of right post.

#5 Mesa Owsley, right instep to right post low, Wheatley dove and saved

#21 Nicole Setterlund, high over crossbar 1/3 left
    and DiBernardo won it for Illinois. Fitting that those two would be paired up in the sequence.

13. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    These Morehead State fans at Wake are being the opposite of Liberty's fans at UNC today. Liberty's fans were loud and sang songs the entire time (even during UNC's goals) and didn't complain about the refs--they were positive fans. These Morehead State fans tonight are booing Wake players ("She's lying!!!" when they're fouled) and screeching Wake's players' names when they get the ball. I know these mid-major students don't get too many times to cheer for their classmates, but this is getting obnoxious.

Edit: As soon as a I post, Wake turns down the volume on the crowd.

14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Sympathies Gilmoy. Kedaine is doing a great job there.

15. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Liberty fans today should be in the fan hall of fame. They were phenomenal. I have never seen anything like it before. I have great respect for that school now.

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Boy that's a lot of National Championships displayed on Indiana's scoreboard. Of course it's on the men's side.

17. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Rutgers sent on the field 7th year senior, 4th year captain, girl that overcame six knee injuries during her carrer.
    You gotta love woso. :notworthy:

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They're a Christian school. You're not going to see a lot of nastiness like you would from other student bodies.

19. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    On the flipside, today Duke sent out a player who had been out for over a month. Within one minute she had a concussion and was taken off the field

20. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    UCF is losing 1-2 in second half? o_O

21. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Colorado 1-0 Denver. Buffs advance to play BYU in Tallahassee pod

22. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Wow . that was a bit of a shock, but anything goes when teams see a lot of each other.

23. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

FT. 2-1. The Red Storm storm into the next round against the razorbacks.

24. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Did not have that in my bracket.
    On another note, I'm really enjoying the commentators in the Indiana-DePaul matchup. PBP announcer confident in naming players and stats, and the Color guy isn't afraid to disagree with his partner on calls.

And Indiana scores! 1-0 over DePaul with 14 minutes left. Deserved lead for the Hoosiers.

25. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    St Johns is up 3-1 while being outshot by UCF 20-3!