2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championship

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by jagum, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And

Honduras vs The USA

Mexico vs Guatemala

2. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But the US is second best thats unacceptable, good luck playing Honduras on Sunday you guys are going to need it, solid solid team in every aspect

3. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Guatemala looked sluggish because they were on one day's rest whereas the US had several days rest.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, Honduras looked very refreshed and Mexico sluggish, can you tell me how many days of rest each team had?

5. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I didn't have a chance to watch the game.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is ok, but if we go by the observation right below we could assume that what ever team that was on 1 day rest had to be at a disadvantage, I was just wondering, what team would that be, Honduras or Mexico?

7. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Apples/Oranges. The talent discrepancy between Mexico and Honduras is a lot higher than US and Guatemala.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right, comparing how one day rest would affect Guatemala and Honduras in relation to the USA and Mexico with 3 days rest is apples to oranges because Mexico being more talented means Honduras magically would not be as "sluggish" as Guatemala after 1 day rest. :thumbsup:

9. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Not sure what your stance is. I said Guatemala was sluggish because they had one day's rest. Then idk what your point was. Seriously, what is it?

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing, I assume most teams that were on one day rest had to be sluggish, so we could say that for Honduras, Barbados, Guatemala and Costa Rica.

Or the teams that played the first two games like Cuba, Trinidad & Tobago, Haiti and Jamaica.

The teams that got an adventage for having 3 days rest were

Mexico, USA, Canada and Panama.

That is all I am saying. I mean we do agree with that right? or is that still oranges to apples?

11. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    The Twist: That Honduras team had 6 changes made to the starting line-up. 6 players who didn't play a minute in the game against Cuba started against Mexico, so they were ready to go and press all game. While the regular starting 6 were rested for the US game on Sunday. Enjoy.

12. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I misinterpreted your first reply as sarcasm. Then I said that basically Mexico could be on an hour rest and probably still put in a good performance because their talent level is just higher.

Whereas a Guate v USA game is much closer in talent level so yes the one day's rest vs a few days could have been a determining factor. Sorry for all the confusion. LOL.

13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, I was being sarcastic to your original comment, but to be fair, I am not a fan of the 3 team groups, they should go to 2 groups of 4 or 4 groups of 4.

Smart plan, and losing 2 - 0 is not a bad result with 6 back ups.

Now they have a better chance to take out the USA.

14. GoldenOne

GoldenOne Member

Oct 2, 2012
    So Honduras threw the game to avoid Guate. Smart move. :p

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah they just felt that their chances of beating the USA > their chances of beating Mexico, specially with 1 day rest ;)

16. justink

justink Member

Jul 15, 2000
    Canada first Concacaf team to book its way to the u17 WC. Losing at HT by 2-1, came back twice and scored 3 goals in 2nd half. Jamaica wasn't in the game but scored on its 2 good chances by the same player. And a for a team that was physically less imposing than Jamaica, crucial goals 3 & 4 came from wide crosses and headers.

ceezmad repped this.
  17. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada 4-2 Jamaica
    Panama 4-2 Trinidad & Tobago

Canada's 1st 3 goals were putbacks by the shooter: initially off crossbar, left post, save. It pays to be persistent!

ceezmad repped this.
  18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I hear the USA is losing 2 _ 1 so this tournament must not be important after all.

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Make it 3-1

20. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bahaha now its not important to the US because their out right now :D

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Catracho_Azul ******** that plan worked. USA down 1 to 3. But that just confirms what we all already knew, this tournament is not important.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mr underachiever I know you are a noob around here and do not know the rules, I am at red stars game, so I will break it down for you later.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  23. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bahaha get out of here, what is their to break down its obvious :ROFLMAO:

24. sowrong

sowrong Member+

Aug 20, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    guess you were right

Overachiever repped this.
  25. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yea it worked.. you could tell Honduras was just faster on their counters blowing by their defenders when ever Brayan Velasquez or Renbramdt Flores were pushing forward. USA players looked sluggish running the our attackers in counters.. and did really poor of marking the open spaces they left. The rest gave these kids fresh legs to counter and press.

Also USA couldn't impose their athleticsm or physicality on our players. Especially kids like Moore who would against Guatemala, but got shut down many times when he tried to beat Alvarez on the left hand side. Honduras matches their play and countered with their fast paced game which the US defenders couldnt handle. Elis held up the ball very well against a supposed stout US defense. Tough game, but Honduras grinded it out very well.