(2013.07.21) EAFF Tokutei Asian Cup: Japan x China [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Unfortunately last 20 minutes were 'survival' (as Fuji named the game ;)) for the defense so asking where one should stand on the pitch or shouldn't is meaningless. One should ask why they couldn't keep the ball higher around the pitch with meaningles short passes instead of tracking back into 30 meter area in front of Nishikawa's goal.

In my opinion there was one crucial mistake made by Zac which ruined the game - taking Haraguchi off the pitch when the team was starting getting perfectly well ahead. It ruined all of the offensive displays on the left flank which was the only systematical weapon in the second half (other than single attemps like that great pass from Takahagi which ended up with Kudo's goal) and brought chaos as Manabu was thrown in. I'm not saying that he's bad but surely Makino and Haraguchi know each other much better and you could see that later on. Manabu can't keep the ball and scatter it around to keep it up higher. He's much more fast paced and talent-wise better dribbler who could get a result in a blink of an eye on his day.

But in club Shun-san keeps the role of metronome, in Reds it's Genki... So that wasn't the most wise decission to use Manabu as a 'joker' on the wing because he couldn't use his characteristis well in that team at that time. He deserved better debut, like starting against Australia with another members and gameplan...

Kakitani has sometimes quiet games when playing the '9' role for Cerezzo as well so I wouldn't blame him. But I remember Toyoda being asked what's the biggest difference between the Sagan's and NT way of playing - he replied that in the trainings there wasn't that much long balls as he got in Sagan. Unfortunately, the first half looked more like Sagan's game throwing long balls for Kakitani rather than natural way Japanese players keeping the ball on the ground with fast passes.

But that's all nothing but hindsight-based. I hope that they'll get something out of this game.

2. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Enjoy 20 minute extended highlights in HD:thumbsup:

3. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Takahashi didn't do his job and the defence was a shambles. Haraguchi AND Aoyama subs killed the momentum. Agreed with everything said about Saito, Makino was just as much to blame as Kurihara on third. I still blame Komano and Nishikawa anyways..

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    My critics are valid at kickoff time.

5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Yeah I did rewatching this stuff

Kurihara was hands down so so bad, that if he hadnt scored you would probably think he is bribed or something. I mean I expect Zac to bench him till the end of this tournament.

Makino and Komano defensively were also pure crap. And Morishige really was not any better. Clearing the ball like they are handling a granate, when there are teammates they can pass to and easily get out of the situations. Clearing the ball badly, watching attackers go past them. Kurihara must be WC in that aspect.
    Aoyama was mr. invisible which says a lot about a DMC
    Takahagi taking free kicks sending ball in the box when he is one of the tallest guys on the field.

Haraguchi was ok, Kudo was trying. Kakitani had he scored from that run when he has a chance for 4:1 he would won the game practically himself. Yamaguchi was doing and trying ok I guess. Nishikawa you cant really blame him for much and you can say well done on that save when Kurihara didnt want to cover in defense...

Also I like the fact that Zaccheroni tried his 3-4-3 threw up a little while I said that.

To take from this match imo are

Kakitani
    Kudo

and partially although they made their mistakes and had some ok moments

Takahagi
    Haraguchi
    Yamaguchi
    Nishikawa

The rest was pure crap or a lot worse if your name starts with Yuzo

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    oh and you made me remember something I forgot: to me, it was a pain to see so many long balls, I'm not even talking about long balls to Kakitani, but in general. Why the hell do you have to keep that ball in the air so much, god damn. I'm not asking them to be Spain but seriously, every time it resulted in a lost ball. If you can't use them properly, just use quick passes ffs. The pace was awful.

Godzillaradio repped this.
  7. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I can see a Bundesliga or even a Dutch club looking at Yoichiro Kakitani. Also hasn't he trained with the Arsenal and Inter Milan youth teams when he was younger?

8. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Kakitani played well for about 10 mins, don't kid yourselves. Nishikawa made one nice save and was mediocre the rest, check the last goal as I'm guessing you didn't watch most of the game.

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No I missed about 20 mins of the game. Nishikawa did ok all things considered. He should have done better for that 3rd goal that I agree, but he made a really great save as well.
    And considering what a poo-like defense he had in front of him I count that as an ok preformance from him, because GK often look really good because of their defense and can end up being destroyed by it as well

As for Kakitani, no this was definitely not his best game, but considering all he was playing great. His teammates were mostly in shambles anyway.
    The guy did good.
    But it is only my opinion you dont have to agree, I realize it is hard for them playing together when they have just formed a somewhat team... But that does not excuse a lazy like approach by Kurihara and the likes.

Go and watch that save by Nishikawa and what Kurihara was doing in that particular instance. If that doesnt make you somewhat angry I dont know what does. I get players make mistakes, they are beaten on the dribble and stuff, but that... that was bench worthy

10. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    After watching just the 20 minute highlights (I use the term loosely), I had to inject bleach directly into my visual cortex trying to unsee that abomination. Those of you who watched the whole match I presume just went straight ahead and scheduled a lobotomy.

I thought I had seen some horrible, horrible performances in the JNT jersey at the U20 and U17 level, but this is by far the worst any team wearing the shirt has ever played in my memory. Absolutely nothing positive to take away from it.

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    What? But a lot of people here said that it will be interesting watching this cool J-League based NT vs the "europeans-based" JNT nope? Now what ya think about it?

12. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I did watch it, live actually. On Komano's wing, the captain runs away from "22" and leaves the inside exposed. Kurihara is too slow for 22 and outmatched twice. Komano did little to help. Not defending Kurihara, but Komano was equal to blame.

Godzillaradio repped this.
  13. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I already said Komano was poo as well, but look at the attitude of Kurihara he isnt just to slow...

14. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Keren, Blue-San and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Makino is also out of position and, well, standing, hehe.

16. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  17. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah yeah i know, don't feed the trolls. couldn't help myself this time.

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    sigh... gotta close this while I'm in time. No more necroposting here.

zdrstvte repped this.