(2013.06.04) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Japan x Australia [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, May 30, 2013.

1. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  2. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    OUI

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I expect demand some good Karma back from this match from the own goal'n stuff.

5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I demand good performance and qualification to WC 2014 so the process of building a squad for it can begin

Whispered11 repped this.
  6. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I demand sending Australia out of WC: that would be a good karma.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can agree with that, dude, but ONLY if it's not ********ing Jordan that gets through.

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I'm ok with everything, a loss would be a good wake up call.

9. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    haha oh come on

10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Japan will win this game you guys, don't worry about that.
    I know you're currently with low confidence because of the last 2 losses, but Australia is not the team they used to be..

I hope that you can kick them out of WC, for Iraq's sake :D

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think he's saying something totally crazy. It's an official game, but still a meaningless one. Since many here agree that some changes should be made before the Confederations, it wouldn't be totally stupid to wonder if an unsatisfying result could help in rebuilding the team more quickly. Personally I'd be fine for a "bad" draw, for example.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    It's bad when you have to set your expectations this low.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Let's wait to see the Confederations first, though. And I mean, with whatever squad goes.

14. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    nah just laughing at his joke

I agree with him... what wake up call. Japan had 1, it's name was Brazil

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I know, he said he was joking of another user but I remember just me saying that before, but whatever =p. I kinda agree with you, but our defense hasn't really been a problem today. Let's see what happens in a few days?

16. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    What happens?

Honda returns.
    Okazaki returns (and scores).
    Nagatomo fix his knee.
    Havenaar fix his head (and scores).
    Japan wins.
    Zac doesn't change his mind before CC2013.

That's all folks.

17. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I prefer Jordan to Australia (I said it...:eek:)

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    so you prefer a team of players that made the "I'll cut your neck" sign to a coach? Ok...

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Doesn't expect shit after the piss poor performance today. As usual you are okey with a loss so I will say that to then.

20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Why not? I'm sure that they'll end up like Saudi Arabia in 2002 being the world's biggest laughing stock (excelling China!) for a while. Australia would introduce some serious programs for upbringing youth talent instead of counting on sheer power and stay competetive to the rest of Asia (I mean EA+Iran) in the coming decades. That's from sympathy for Australia of course, not Jordan ;)

Keren and Dax repped this.
  21. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First off, I don't doubt Japan's quality players, I'm really glad that most of the European based players are regulars and key players for their respective clubs. Kagawa, Honda, Nagatomo, Kiyotake, Inui and Uchida, etc. great players that need no introduction.

But these last 2 matches does not give any assurance. before the Jordan match, Japan was closest to qualifying and everyone was looking ahead. that match was a wake up call and even with the circumstances with Bulgaria match, things looks very un-assuring.
    - They just re-united and started training after 2 months.
    - It was just a friendly.
    - They were experimenting with new tactics, the 3-4-3.

but keep this in mind,
    - despite their condition, they were dominating, and had several chances to score, but couldn't.
    - they only experimented with tactics, not with different players, all were their best line-up they could muster, without Honda (CSKA), Nagatomo (returned from injury) and Okazaki (Stuttgart).
    Maeda and Havenaar didn't impress. And what I hated the most is that why won't Zacc test the new players, Kudo Masato, since he's doing well as Kashiwa goalscorer.

While we think Honda could save the day for Japan, but he won't be there until the day before, and no guarantee he'll play or is even fit.

it's nerve racking to think that you guys are so confident, I hope I have that too, but if they don't score on their chances, they'll won't make it. Scary to think.
    I don't know how Australia is, but Japan doesn't look good. I hope Japan will qualify and win their remaining 2 matches.

22. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    OneiroPhobia repped this.
  23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hope the Bulgaria game result lights the fire under their asses.

We need the starting XI to be firing from the kickoff.

24. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    good luck nippon expect the aussies to play long balls :p

25. Matsu

Matsu Member

Mar 28, 2001
    Its a very strange game because it is one in which both teams would really be better off (esp. mentally) from the long-term perspective if they lose, but at the same time, neither one would really be in a tragic situation if they did lose (Australia would still need to win their next two. Japan would still qualify because Iraq is simply not good enough to take 9 points from 9 - regardless of what Aus and Jordan do).

The simple truth is that Zack has fallen into the same exact trap as Zico - he built a team to perform at its peak in 2011-12, and seems incapable of seeing that the same team cannot perform at its peak in 2014. He HAS to change the generation, but because of the constant pressure from media, the vast number of potential candidates available, and his ingrained image of what the veteran players COULD do, mentally he is unable to move on to the next stage.

The thing is, as replies to my article on ONEWorld Sports shows, this is a very common problem for a NT coach. Especially in confederations like Africa and Asia, where they prepare for a key competition (ANC Nations Cup or Asia Cup) two or more years before they prepare for the World Cup. You develop strong dependence on a certain group, and they become your "Linus security blanket". No matter how old and tattered it gets, you just cant let go.

At this point, a good technical staff (Im talking to YOU Mr. Hara) would step in and say: Sorry Zack - I understand your preferences but you have to make some changes. If you dont at least compromise, and drop at least half of your "old favourites", I will step in and do it for you. The thing is, though, Australia is in exactly the same situation. They badly need new blood but Holger just cant break away from his security blanket. In a way, both teams really NEED to lose this match, so the coach will be forced to make changes.

Whatever happens, the aftermath is going to be at least as interesting as the match itself.

Samurai Warrior and marten48 repped this.