2012 schedule....

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Antique, Jan 19, 2012.

1. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, so personal issue here. Please stop reading now if you don't care about it but I think it's important.

Here's the scenario..

I just scheduled my family's spring break vacation and totally by random chance it's going to be in Ft. Lauderdale. As luck would have it we arrive in town on 4/6/2012. The home opener is 4/7/2012. I really want to go.

So, here's the problem that needs solved - do I even try to convince my wife to go to the game with our 3 kids? If so, how would any of you suggest I bring it up?

I'm looking for creativity in the responses. Thanks.

Also, when will single game tickets go on sale? Any idea how much the Strikers are charging for GA tickets this season?

2. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the past it's been $10 per ticket....it may go up to $12.00 this year because of some rather large budget cuts...

OK...I called the ticket office at (954) 606-0413 & got the following from Scott.

General Admission:
    Advanced sale - $10.00
    Day of Game - $12.00

Reserved:
    Advanced - $16.00
    DoG - $18.00

There are no children's prices.

You may want to call the number I gave you above & see what you can work out. I hope to see you on April 7th....:)

3. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, there are a lot of unknowns with this, but I will try to be creative.....

I'm not sure how old your kids are and if you can or "want" to go alone to the game with them. There are many times where I'll need my wife or it has to be both of us to be there at certain situations to handle things.......I dont know if your wife likes soccer....

Here is what I'd suggest....Buy your wife a Spa Package of some sort for the night and you take the kids to the game and be the "HERO." Let her get away from things..... Let her go back to the hotel and enjoy some alone time for a while. Maybe she can sit by the hotel pool and just relax and drink a glass of wine or something after the massage.............She deserves it........See what I mean.....Then you come back, in full on Great Guy Mode, enjoying a great Striker Tailgate and match......

My idea.....

4. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here's one from another perspective: Send the wife & kids to a movie (or whatever) and go to the game by yourself. Think of it as an opposite spa-treatment for yourself. It's better to enjoy the game alone than to have cranky ones bringing you down. Grab a beer, buy some swag, sit with the supporters group(s) and totally absorb the atmosphere. Then you can tell us all about it when it's over. Don't make this more difficult for yourself.
    :cool:

5. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good ideas so far! Keep them coming...

Some more relevant info...

Kids are 10, 7 & 4 and all play soccer.

Wife likes soccer but doesn't love it.

We have Crew season tickets.

I coach soccer (travel & high school) as a volunteer.

6. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's a question: What's it gonna take to get rid of the Miami FC logo & replace it with a Strikers logo? It only takes a few seconds to FTP a new gif. Who's the one not doing their job? This is crazy. :confused:

7. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great idea as well longballer..... I love the "Opposite Spa-Treatment" theory....Classic!!!! That way will work just as well.....MLSinSTL, beer is on me at The Tailgate if you make it!

8. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, brought up the idea of going to a game to the wife and she liked it. Of course, she quickly went for the spa day idea.

For her.

I went for the reverse idea that longballer had suggested and failed miserably.

Good new is that I am going to the game. I'll have a few young ones along too, but I can't wait.

Should be fun!

9. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats, I'm glad my idea worked....No woman will turn down a day at the spa away from the hubby and kids........

Try to get to the game early so you can Tailgate with all of us...What type of beer you like? Or do you drink anything else?

Keep us posted so we can look out for you.

10. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSinSTL, drop by section 115 & say "Howdy" to the ULTRAS. Or get to Lockhart well before 730PM and find us in the parking lot across the street from the mian entrance and get a free beer....;)....Either way, we'll be glad to see you.