2012 Campaign

Discussion in 'District Ultras' started by Malatestiano, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am looking at the schedule for 2012 and have to say that it looks like I will be able to make more games than last year...not that it would take much :D.

On the other hand, also looks like MLS s really really screwing with DCU...when school is off and we would be more likely to have bigger crowds, (from mid june to end of August) we have a grand total of 1 single Saturday home game in June (June 30 vs Montreal), 0 (as in freaking ZERO) home games in July, 4 home games in August, but two of them on a Wednesday...is it just me or this is really ********ed up?

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    Scruggsy and I already pointed these facts out in the main forum and were dumbfounded by how many people think this is a "good" schedule. College kids on break won't have any reason to make United a priority this summer and families tend to take their vacations in August, depriving younger kids the ability to build attachments to the club over their break.

I'm already missing 3/10 since I scheduled a trip to NYC on a week I was sure the league wouldn't have started on. Two games in April due to a trip to Spain. Road tripping sucks for this schedule, also. Would have liked to have seen Vancouver paired with Seattle or Portland instead of LA. And/or a Montreal/Toronto combo. But at least we get two in Philly and one in NY this year, so we get the opposite next year.

Thx,

Jay!

3. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    NYC around 3/10 is a must. The Big East tournament comes to town.

As for the home schedule, it totally blows.

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    It's what we're stuck with I guess, so make best of it :) Carlo, more than last year is what, 2+ haha

5. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well last year it was a grand total of 2 home and 1 away...shouldn't be difficult to beat :D

What works for me this year vs. last year is that most home games are on weekends that I don't perform single dad duties...:eek:

6. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And try to put "single man duties" :rolleyes: on non-game days...

7. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  8. KF Tirana

KF Tirana Member

Feb 3, 2012
    The Welcome Salihi in Albanian was quite a nice touch. Was just wondering if that was DU. Judging from prior choreos it looked like a DU work.

9. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was the Screaming Eagles.

10. KF Tirana

KF Tirana Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Thanks! Nice work by DU so far nevertheless.

11. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And I am in for Saturday vs the flounders...with this one I already equaled last year :D

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    haha that better not be encouragement to stop after it :D Looking forward to seeing you!

13. Malatestiano

Malatestiano Member

Apr 11, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Rimini Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    With Yesterday's and Wednesday games I have doubled last year home presence...maybe I should quit while I am ahead

:rolleyes:

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia