Pre-match: (2012.08.07) London Olympics : Japan U-23 x Mexico U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Aug 4, 2012.

1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Japan's first goal came from a pass exchange among the Japanese players.
    Mexico's chances all came from Japan's mistake or a lucky bounce. But you guys played the smart game, so good for you.

2. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Man, shame on you if you're actually Mexican.
    Even the ones I know admit that Mexico was getting schooled and I live in Cali which means that's a lot of them.
    Stop trolling and go back to your forum.

3. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kiyotake was fine, I dont know why people are complaining about him. Sakai and Tokunaga were horrible...

Nagai clearly wasnt himself either, but youve got to love his heart.

Otsu to me had his one goal, and nothing else. He's a lazy player who doesn't get back to defend, unlike Kiyotake. And it was clear when Kiyotake was off Japan could not keep the ball and get forward.

All and all the team was just bad, their passing was off and when they went down a goal they had no idea how to break Mexico down. The difference in the game was Mexico made less errors, really that what soccer is all about. Credit goes to them.

Korea has a chance vs Brazil because they dont make mistakes, just as Japan didnt the previous 4 games.

4. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think he's talking about the Korea x Mexico game

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The 2 PKs out of nothing against GB would tell you otherwise. All teams make mistakes eventually.

6. Ventilan

Ventilan Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Can someone tell me whether Sakai Gotoku was injured or not?

7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably the most disappointing game of Japanese people at every level in the last 10 years.
    We've been nothing since the first 20 minutes.. we litterally disappeared.
    And we did it in the most important Olympic match since 1968: that's a bummer.
    Mexico didn't play well, but we play baaaad. Really bad. After 2-1 of Peralta, there wasn't even a reaction.
    Now, just get the damn bronze medal: leaving London with empty hands would be too much to bear.

8. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Gonda: 70 minutes left, I better kick this goal kick far!
    Gonda: 8 minutes left, let's slowly build from the back line guys

No urgency in anyone except The substitutes and a complete implosion of basic football skills that led to dispossession in the final 20 minutes. Depressing.

9. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Well however I think that Japan Vs Brazil/Korea for a bronze medal will be EPIC.
    Don't act snobbish saying that it's not important cuz we lost the gold and so on. A bronze medal means you are the 3rd best U23 NT of the WORLD, and if you take it beating Brazil (miracle tonight can still happen) it's even more a renowned prize.

10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In the end, this was a team that struggled to score against Malaysia, so we were always going to find it difficult after falling behind.

11. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Kiyotake couldn't complete passes. A player of his calibre needs to do better than today. H.Sakai also yes was a disaster.

12. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    One last thing: i really hope that nobody thinks Sekizuka as Zac's successor. I don't wanna see turtle-mode never again.

Dax and uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 repped this.
  13. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't know why Gotoku didn't get a chance. He plays with fire at least.

14. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, true...guess it helps to be a little lucky too. Everyone(teams) makes mistakes, its amplified by 10 when the other team capitalizes, like today.

15. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    This is your (offtopic) answer: G.Sakai is not a starter cuz of coach decision. H.Sakai and old Tokunaga are the starting SBs.

16. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He wasn't injured

17. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Agreed. I'd take Sasaki though (but this is all too far in the future anyway, at least until 2014)

Whispered11 repped this.
  18. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hindsight is always 20/20 but I dont see how Gotoku Sakai is being sat down behind Hiroki and especially Tokunaga.

Both of Japans sidebacks had horrid games, I dont know who was worse. Tokunaga messed up a lot on defense(understandably vs Dos Santos to his defense) and of course was partly the reason for goal 1, but towards the end was the only person with the ball.

And Sakai, was just invisible all match, not getting forward and fouling too frequently.

This is what I saw, I think Gotoku would have been a better option over either of them because hes played in Europe and even though hes younger is very composed. But again, hindsight is 20/20, and I believe you dont fix it if it aint broke. Just makes you wonder what could have been..

19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

Actually this game to me resembled that against Morocco when they didn't pressure and just lay back and absorbed it all

Personally I am disappointed with the way this has went and I will point my finger at Sekizuka in the end. Those subs when they were made and in what manner.
    To basically take 2 out of 3 remaining players of the midfield out...

No comment

As for players. To me Tokunaga and Hiroki Sakai had a really bad game. A terrible mistakes by Tokunaga and Ogihara in the end also cost Japan this game

1. you never allow a player on a set piece to be in front of you. Tokunaga just stands there and lets him be in front

2. You never dribble like that in front of your own goal (Ogihara)

Also Nagai, many bad touches and not pressuring (no pressure imo was an order from Sekizuka to stand more zonally and let them have more of the ball)

and that is basically that. Disappointed really, could have won this one and should have played a lot better

20. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, since Zac took over the NT job, the team looked more strong and confident in all aspects. Plus, the players are adapted to Zac's 4-2-3-1 and at this moment or 2 years from now I can't think someone taking his job.

magic journey repped this.
  21. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, let's face it, maybe we all expected too much from Japan... I'm not saying we don't have the quality and skills to be in the final, but I think that the victory against Spain in the first match and being unbeaten all the way to the semifinal might have made us believe we were unstoppable, and you know that's not real.

22. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    I think Brazil-Korea is actually 50:50... SK will do everything in their power to get above Japan in the standings. I predict that match will be high scoring, maybe 3-2 in Korea's favor.

23. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS to our young samurai blue squad.

We are all sad because this team had high hopes, but most of all we should be proud of their acomplishment. Months ago we werent expecting a single win, and this amazing run produced some fine moments, along of loads of experience.

Japan was probably the only team in the semi finals that didnt use any "big names" from the senior squad, which makes this participation even greater. We didnt built japanese football in one day... those young players reached their limit and will learn a lot from that. There are no heroes nor villains now. We came as one, fought as one and will rise again as one.

I hope Yoshida (above all) can bring this exp. back to the senior team where we serioulsy need it.

Whatever happens in the match from bronze, this boys made us proud. Now... let´s move on... one last match!!

Vamos NIPPON!! :ninja:

24. AwayScores

AwayScores Member

Mar 30, 2012
    North America
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a game. Nothing to be ashamed of, Japan has been the best this tournament, with only conceding a goal to Mexico this last match. You guys will surely win bronze, I'll be rooting for you as always.

Dax and Majster2 repped this.
  25. turibird

turibird Member+

Jun 1, 2008
    Juarez
    imo you guys arent giving enough credit to mexico but to each their own. the first goal was a great run by chaton the tall bald guy to head it towards goal. you can tell that play had been practiced thorughly. The second goal was great pressure from aquino and peralta.. of coursse it was a mistake but mexico forced that mistake..
    I really thought the game was extremely even though and easily could have gone to extra time but i do feel mexico capitalized and therfore deserved to win..

btw that otsu to me is a helllaaaaaaaaaaaa of a player. everytime he had the ball you felt danger and it was impossible to take it from him.. great game

AwayScores repped this.