Pre-match: (2012.08.07) London Olympics : Japan U-23 x Mexico U-23 [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So it will be Mexico. We can definitely make it and watch out for Corona's saves: he has been doing a great Olympic.

2. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What can you tell me about their match before the tournament? even though Japan won 2-1, it would be different this time around.
    Will Japan be able to handle Mexico? what can Japan do against Mexico?
    and I read in the Japan x Egypt thread that Nagai and Higashi is fine and can play on Tuesday? Great News if true.

3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It seems true that Nagai and Higashi will recover. We're in a better form than Mexico, who passed an easier group than us. And they had some troubles today against Senegal. If we make the perfect game, the final won't be a miracle.

4. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Japan will win. Don't worry.

uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 repped this.
  5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Best beer ever, too bad it's expensive.

[​IMG]

6. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico barely got by Senegal.I know you guys won't make the same defensive errors Senegal made.Should be a great game.Good luck :) may the best team win.

7. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Korea made it into the semi-finals. Well, I've always felt like they're just a step behind us.

8. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That was a ********in' surprise. The chance of a medal (whatever color it may be) raise up!

9. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Korea was robbed in the first-half, don't know which ref is worst, this ref or the one from Australia X Japan game.

dudedudedude and Jitevra repped this.
  10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How so? First PK was unlucky but hit the guy's hand. 2nd PK was just a dumb challenge.
    Anyway Korea deserved to go through. Japan wouldn't want to play them for a medal because they will always step it up against Japan, but this is a real possibility now. Mexico defense is not so great but their offense is great and Japan had trouble playing their game in that friendly match. Hopefully Sekizuka will have a strategy for them.

11. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    How did that pre-tournament friendly played out? I know Japan 2-1 Mexico, but what did Japan learn about Mexico and opinions on how to deal with them?

12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Are you saying that Brazil is an easier opponent than S.Korea? I remember that even if they "step it up against Japan" in the last two (senior) competitions (Kirin + Asian Cup) Japan won, and it was (the second) an important official match not an unuseful friendly.
    If you are talking about U23, I admit I dunno a thing about it. But seriously, even for a "popolarity factor", a victory over Neymar's Brazil in the final it would be far better and much more HUGE than a victory over DunnoAName's S.Korea. That's for sure. ;)

13. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't think so. He probably means a bronze medal match against Korea.

14. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I hope Korea gets some sort of medal (hopefully lower than Japan) cause the players get military exemption if they do.

Dax and jsk14 repped this.
  15. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Dude, you always crack me up :D

16. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd expect Korea to get a medal. They're one of those teams that basically committed their A team to the Olympics, although I think they'd evenly match up against our U23s and probably less against our full team. speaks volumes to the depth of talent we have coming up.

17. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    This Olympic SK side is a very promising one, I really admire their spirit (as well as the entire SK Olympic delegation). If Japan were to face them, I expect a very, very good and close game. Out of the possible finals, Japan vs South Korea would be the most exciting one.

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think the neutrals seem to want a Japan v Brazil final.

Fun fact I just learned:
    Mexico's best Olympics result was in 1968, where they came 4th after losing the Bronze medal match 2-0 to........Japan.

19. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i think you guys will teach mexico a lesson again you guys are peaking at the right time. i would love for a korea v japan final as it would really be the first time it was on the world stage in a major event. i think both teams would match up well and it would go to penalties

c shima repped this.
  20. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Would love that too as it would be hugely entertaining and would probably open the floodgates to Asian participation in the EPL. No doubt huge benefits for everyone involved (except Brazil and Mexico lol).

Also, definitely seems like Nagai has a good chance of playing against Mexico as per an AP article that directly quotes him, seems like its just a bruise on his thigh. He didn't even need to go to the hospital and apparently played through a slightly worse injury of a similar nature in the Asian Games with no problem at all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/japan-striker-nagai-learned-early-044817463--oly.html

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow....wow........Did the women's U17 WC final mean NOTHING to you?!?? (jk)

That'd be awesome if it happened. I think Brazil are beatable they seem to concede a fair bit only 1 clean sheet so far (against NZ), however they've scored 3 goals in every game so far so defence has to be on it's game for Korea, cause I have no doubt that Korea will at least score 1.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Code:
    ベスト4の所属リーグ
    17人 Jリーグ(日本)
    17人 プリメーラ(メキシコ)
     9人 カンピオナート(ブラジル)
     8人 Kリーグ(韓国)
     6人 ブンデス(ドイツ)
     5人 プレミア(イングランド)
     4人 セリエ(イタリア)
     1人 リーガ(スペイン)
     1人 リーグアン(フランス)
     1人 プレミア(スコットランド)
     1人 エール(オランダ)
     1人 スターズリーグ(カタール)
     1人 スーペルリーガ(ポルトガル)
    Nice!

23. Foursixzero

Foursixzero New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    As long as Nagai plays i think Japan will win. His link up with Otsu has been the highlight of the tournament for me.

24. KAPIJXM

KAPIJXM Member+

Nov 18, 2011
    Illa de Arousa,Spain
    Club:
    Celta de Vigo
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    come on Japan and come on South Korea, it can be an Asian final in London 2012, Asia is the future of football and they can prove it Thursday GO KOREA AND JAPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ventilan and Dax repped this.
  25. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    If Brazil (oops, fix: "If Neymar") will kicked out a lot of babies will cry (and here in Italy the interest for this competition will decrease a lot), but I will pray for a Japan Vs S.Korea final. It would be EPIC.

Than, it's better for us to rest Nagai against Mexico to avoid to worsening his legs health playing a not full recovered fw or we NEED him to win at the cost of miss him in the final?