(2012.02.29) FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Japan x Uzbekistan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by sc-f, Feb 28, 2012.

1. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Never thought I'd see you again ever in this forum :eek:

It's just a sign of me being much less active than I used to be, more than anything.

2. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    lol honey, I'm the same as you, I rarely post. How are you? Did I trouble you in the past with my nonsense? I can't remember if I had any issues with you or you with me... hrmm. At least you remember me.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    damn, i missed the match. anyone knows if there's any full match upload anywhere? it would be super kind if someone could pm me a link :(

4. hallelujah_united

Oct 21, 2006
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    None that I can remember of too. I just remember you LOL.

5. lilcookie

lilcookie Member

May 6, 2005
    choc chip mountain
    Well thank you.
    Other than that, I only started posting again because the reaction from this game/thread was just so funny (as always) and how extreme as to people saying <insert certain players name> play was "diabolical and that they should be stoned". Maybe, I am over -exaggerating here, but I think certain people on this thread need to chill their balls a bit.

I think they were unlucky not to convert their chances. I'll just take that the team had a bad day. They had possession and everything...but just luck wasn't on their side. Also, the Uzbeks weren't bad. So credit to them for making the game a little more challenging. (Although, I didn't like the air ping pong tactic they were playing.)

6. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    We are starting to look painfully average when Endo does not perform. Inui was fantastic.

3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. We need to improve.

And I hope our U23 does not make the same mistake.

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    He looked slow as hell with a lot of unusual and frustrating back passes. Not a good sign at all.

8. Kigai

Kigai Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tokyo, Japan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The fact that we played our A team against Uzbekistan B team and loss at home is not good and I think embarrassing. Australia won at home what if Japan is grouped with Australia and Uzbekistan next round? Uchida should not play until he gets off the bench and finds a new club, Zac should play Sakai in the meantime. Fujimoto is terrible and should not be used in the next round. He is only good in J League.

9. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    There was also some booing in the stadium, I read. So it sounds maybe more dramatic than needed but still honeymoon officially ended.

There's a lot to learn from this match, most of the lessons are for some players though and not Zac - imo they should grow up and simply become more serious. I think Honda's mentality who builds up tension prior to games just to think about nothing else than the match is badly missed.

10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    After watching Komano's playing... Gamba isn't a good place for defenders. He picked that up too fast ;)

And this NT needs Honda on the pitch. Since his injury before the start of this round of qualification Japanese team haven't played above average game beside the the one against Tajikistan.

11. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just saw the highlights... One chance for Uzbekistan and they scored, only one chance. I can't believe it.
    But this is football. Fujimoto = crap.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    They had more than one chance, could have won it 2 or 3-0 if they had put their chances towards the end.

13. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It was not the only chance but it was the first. We had to open up in the end but it may have been better if we conceded another one or two, as I don't want to hear excuses about losing this one due to bad luck.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Japan simply lacked balance, without ever getting out of first gear. Typically great left side, but absolutely nothing from the right. Sloppy play, with barley a shot in the second half was always asking for trouble, but the result mattered little, and in the end the performance reflected that.

Plus I know Kagawa is everybody's man crush right now, but I'm sure the team would have looked a lot better with him positioned out wide, with Inui taking over Honda's role after half time.

15. KATO

KATO Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Manchester
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Too true, in the lead up to Uzbekistan I thought the players looked a little too relaxed and light-hearted, but didn't expect that to carry onto the pitch.

16. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I only watched the 2nd Half so I can't comment on the whole game. But from highlights and articles and comments everywhere, I'd say Japan created chances but lacked the deadly finishing, unfortunately this have been Japan's weakness for years. That haunts us today.
    Japan is a really good team, with really quality players, despite what some would say. However we lack consistency to bring our best for every game. And in this game, I also think there were any urgency for goal except for the last 15 minutes or so.

17. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I only watched the 2nd Half so I can't comment on the whole game. But from highlights and articles and comments everywhere, I'd say Japan created chances but lacked the deadly finishing, unfortunately this have been Japan's weakness for years. That haunts us today.
    Japan is a really good team, with really quality players, despite what some would say. However we lack consistency to bring our best for every game. And in this game, I also think there were any urgency for goal except for the last 15 minutes or so.

Alot to learn, I hope Japan can really improve their finishing for the upcoming matches.

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What do you mean? Komano plays for Jubilo.
    Honda's mentality above all is the reason why he's so integral.

Endo wasn't particularly good. Same as with his performance against Iceland I thought he looked out of it there too.

19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Not sure ... At least they found a way to equalize.

20. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Oh, sorry... I meant Konnavaro.

21. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    The problem was in the midfield, not with finishing. Lack of continuity and inability to maintain meaningful possession under good pressure from the Uzbeks in the midfield meant Japan really stuttered along. Too slow getting the ball up the park, Japan's usual fluent "inter-passing" game was missing last night.

22. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    well, you got to understand that at this level, korea, japan, australia all arent that good enough to dominate their opponent. make no mistake about it, all of these other teams aren't easy push overs now. i think all of us will in our most competitive qualification in our region ever in this upcoming fourth round.

i expect uzi to have their best qualifying ever. that said. this was not a 'useless' game for japan. you can't lose to anyone in own house this time around. and always have to put the best team to win the game. because it will be the same team, same players has to click in all field to win the game. and more and more chances of the same team in the field makes for better teamwork.

23. Arash1995

Arash1995 Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Yokohama
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    8/11 starters were European-based player with jet lag. They were all exhausted and couldn't run anymore after the 1st half. If Honda replaces Fujimoto, then the number is 9/11.... In my opinion, long travel from Europe to Japan has been Japan's biggest enemy. It is the first time they enter WCQ campaign with more than 7~9 Euro-based players in their first 11. Players are improving with European experience but at the same time, they are facing a new problem.

24. SugarDaddySean

Feb 12, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not as if Japanese players were the only ones who had to travel. Jet lag is such a poor excuse. Yes a long flight can take a little wind out of the sails of the travler. But they ride 1st class im sure, have more than a few days of rest, and most importantly are strong athletic men! I mean come on they played fine, they just didnt play good enough. People are making them sound like asthmatic kids running around with oxygen tanks...

I think there Hosogai needs a chance to shine in place of Hasebe until he regains his starting spot in Wolfsburg. Hosogai is having an amazing season at Ausburg, he completes his passes at a 90% clip(or at a high one), and hes just a vicious competitor who plays all out and with a chip on his shoulder. Thats the type of player a soft Japan team needs on the field IMO. Seniority is with Hasebe, but players that play, should play...if that makes sense.

And even more urgent is the replacement candidates for Endo. He should not be starting in 2014 WC, much like Shunsuke Nakamura he was invited in 2010 but didnt play much if at all. Its clear he's not an athletic player at this point in his career, he can still bend it with the best of them in the world. It's nothing personal, this is just the circle of life in soccer.

25. LABOO

LABOO Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I totally disagree. Players aren't robots. Balancing national team and club is not easy (especially for Asian players in Europe) and it affects playing performance badly. Long trips from Europe to Asia are the reason why Park Ji-Sung hung up his Korean NT boots at the age of only 29.