2011 K-League Season [R] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Sergei Mantis, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    K-league's new F4 :D

Choi Yong Soo
    [​IMG]

Yoo Sang Chul
    [​IMG]

3. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shin Tae Yong
    [​IMG]

Hwang Sun Hong
    [​IMG]

4. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I swear, Choi YS looks like a straight up villain.

5. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That's what makes him so badass. ;)

Anyways, concerning the K-League...

Does anyone here know WHY the season set-up is so f*cked up compared to the set-up of European leagues? And what I mean by that is, the standard set-up should be every team having to alternate once every week between home and away, and every once in a while, two homes or two aways in a row.

Now that I'm free for about a week or two, I checked Jeju United's match schedule, expecting a home game I'd be able to attend, since we already had an away game at Seongnam. The match held on the 23rd is... an away against Sangju. Fine, fine, what about the week after? Checked, and it's another AWAY, against Daegu. That's 3 away games in a row. WTF?! fml...

My summer's ruined... :(

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So err....

Jeju Utd trades Park Hyun Bum with Suwon's Yang Joon Ah (Plus cash), which means Park Hyun Bum returns to the Bigbird after a year and a half with Jeju United.
    Kinda weird in my view that Jeju United let Park Hyun Bum go when he has been an important player after Koo Ja Cheol left. Not a quality playmaker or a true defensive midfielder but solid centre-midfielder that was effective under Park Kyung Hoon's special "3 seconds" tactics.
    I wonder how he will be used in Suwon Bluewings where they mainly use a 3 back system under Yoon Sung Hyo. Will this mean a bad news for Lee Yong Rae or will it help him? I wonder...

7. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    It won't help neither Lee Yong-Rae nor Park Hyun-Beom. Both of them are midfield anchors and what Suwon needs, especially in Yoon Sung-Hyo's system, is a true defensive midfielder. Jeju utilized him to full effect by playing him as a link between defense and attack, but Suwon already has plenty of midfielders (perhaps too many) who can do that. I can't imagine this acquisition being anything more than a last minute move out of desperation by Suwon. They'll have to look overseas to bring in a true defensive midfielders unless Shin Hyung-Min becomes available.

8. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    F*CK. We let Koo Ja-Cheol go last offseason and now we let his successor go too? Have Jeju United's management forgotten about Park's game-winner against Ulsan? Or how about his recent two goal comeback against Seongnam?

FML times ten. I liked Park Hyun-Beom in Jeju. That new Suwon boy better be worth the trade, and hopefully, we can buy a fourth Brazilian or something with that extra cash.

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, looking at things I think Park Kyung Hoon may have done a smart transfer here. Park Hyun Beom was asking for a high wage (as he would have had to renew contract as it was ending at the end of this season) and Jeju United is not a rich club so they could not afford that.
    Yang Joon Ah I think may be a hit when used in Jeju United. I dont know but its just a feeling...he does have a stinking good left foot and is very young.

10. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not going to pretend my favorite team has the money to spend on good players to bring and to keep whenever we feel like. But of course a player like Park would ask for a higher wage, he saved Jeju from disappointing losses several times this season, and was an influential figure in Koo's absence. Jeju's management priorities are not where it's supposed to be when they refuse to pay the players that help us win and keep players they don't even give a single minute of playing time to. It pisses me off.

EDIT: So Yang Joon-A's a fullback... I like the fullback position myself, so nothing against our new player when I say:

JEJU NOW HAS ONLY FOUR MIDFIELDERS. I'm sorry, but is this a proper football club amount? This means an effectively rotated 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 is out of the question lest we exhaust our only four midfielders. Guess we have to keep using our usual 4-3-3, but who's going to take Park's center-mid role? If they take Jair from his left-flank and put him up on center, I'm going to break something.

EDIT AGAIN: Whoa whoa, the Jeju United homepage says Yang is a MF, but on Wiki, it says he's a fullback. Which is it? And why isn't his jersey number for Jeju decided yet? Argh, what a mess. I hate transfer months.

11. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mr Cho has said some interesting ideas for the upcoming seasons with this military issues.
    He says that it would be smart if Sangu Sangmu constantly bring in players when they are young so they that:
    1) get rid of their military issues quickly and,
    2) increase the football level in National League (as Sangju Sangmu will only be allowed to play in National League, i.e. K2)

Of course the question beckons "How would Sangju Sangmu in K2 attract young players when realistically the National League is a poorer league (in terms of the football on the pitch) than the K-league?"

Well, Mr Cho has brought up an interesting idea. He says that we should bring in foreign coaches and managers (specifically Europe -_-) and help the young players at Sangju with technical development AND also play National League matches at the same time. In other words; help the young players continually develop AND increase the level of football in K2.

Will this work? who knows...but I think it would be wise to have some of these ideas a go. This military issue has contantly been a problem to our young players and we should try and change the culture of these kids so that they go to military as soon as possible. In order to attract the kids to the military, first, is to have a better National League so that the kids wont be hesistant to go to Sangmu feeling that they would not develop during the two years in the National League.
    BTW, when I say young kids, I mean good (and bad) young prospects of Korean football.

http://news.naver.com/sports/index....&mod=read&office_id=023&article_id=0002289267

12. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    They didn't refuse to keep him. His contract was running out at the end of the year and he was demanding a deal that was well beyond Jeju's budget.

He can play CB, FB and DM.

13. bekele

bekele Member

Aug 23, 2009
    France
    Club:
    Daejeon Citizen
    So, sort of like our own Clairefontaine except the kids are older and they do military training instead of going to school?

14. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    We already have our own version of Clairefontaine in Yongin FC. Cho Kwang-Rae is proposing Sangmu to turn into a U-23 club that's specifically designed for player development as well as preparing the players for the U-23 national team. I don't think it's a bad idea, but it'll probably never happen.

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    In reality, this is the most reasonable solution. It's a il suk ee jo situation as well getting military duties out of the way. It'll strengthen and focus the training that the best U23 players receive. They should also be better suited for professional life domestically and abroad afterwards. I just hope, if this happens, we the available squad places at Sangmu will be increased.

Universities will not be too happy, but oh well... We need to transition the game out of universities anyway. And it's not like it isn't already happening...

16. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uhh....... Yoo Byung Soo is transfering to Al Hilal.....

17. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No response?
    No one is surprised???!?!?!?!

18. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Who cares...

1 person likes this.
  19. lylee91

lylee91 Member

Feb 28, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I CARE. I'M SURPRISED. lol but it's not really that drastic of a move. I'm sure he will get paid better, and he's actually moving to a better team.

20. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    arent they trying to buy a bunch of players? stupid oil rich clubs.

hes possibly committing career suicide. was hoping for a euro move not to the grass roller league....

21. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    If he was going to fail I wish it was on a grander stage than the Saudi prem.
    How many goals does he have to score to have considered this move a success, 10, 20?

Best of luck to the kid, he's still very young who knows where he'll end up next.

22. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    On some thought the idea makes good sense actually .. if you make Sangmu into a national academy along the likes of Clairefontaine in France then this would work quite well.

Get them young (before they break into their professional team's first team) and give them first class training with more chances of playing competitive football at a more suitable level than straight K1.

Young players would be beating the doors down.

23. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The problem is that if it becomes a hit, we could have a situation where we have too many players in Sangmu and not enough players in and around the K-league teams. But that would be if it becomes a hit.
    It would take a lot of time and effort for something like that (the Sangmu academy) to be working effectively.

Anyway, this was just an idea by our KNT manager. I doubt it would happen.

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yoo Byung Soo smells like Adriano (minus the partying).

25. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Sure, just as us two are just some internet nobodies commenting on the story ;)

But you'd want to restrict the idea to a smaller set of players that show real promise, much like the AIS provides sports training to promising athletes .. the idea is that we remove the burden of military service from our most promising players while they're at the stage of being in the reserves or in the youth teams, that way they get the benefit of playing competitive football and getting their service done in one go.

Anyway, just random thoughts .. not as if the KFA reads our boards of anything ;)

1 person likes this.